Dining recommendations

bsjs0708

DIS Veteran
Hello all , we'll be at DLP in just a couple weeks .Can I please get a couple of your favorite recommendations for both counter service and table service restaurants . Thank you so very much!

CS - Toad Hall for fish and chips, Caseys (sit outside and look at the castle), Earl of Sandwich in the Village, Cowboy Cookout (if they're not doing the newly introduced buffet)
TS - Plaza Gardens or Agrabah buffet, Captain Jacks, Chez Remy (in the Studios)
Lucky Nugget - Counter service food served table service with entertainment!

With Toad Hall, get there early, the fish is better at opening than at closing. I'm not a fan of Hakuna since they replaced the Hakuna fries with a sweet corn version. It's okay, but not on my must-eat list anymore. Cafe Hyperion used to be pretty bad, they picked up a bit, but not a go-to place either. Not my taste, but one of my friends loves the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue for the chicken.

BlockBuster Cafe in the Studios also has some nice things.

Annettes in the village is also one of my favorites and if we are tired, hungry and don't want to think we usually go to Rainforest Cafe in the village for some Rastapasta.

We always include a character meal at Inventions - it is pricey but the quality of food, and the character experience, make it worthwhile. We always have a fantastic time.

Other favourites are:
Counter service: Fuente del Oro for tex mex, Hakuna Matata - the rest of the counter service options are broadly the same in terms of food but some are worth visiting for the theme. I like Bella Notte, Pinocchios, and Colonel Haitis for theme reasons
Table service: Chez Remy, Captain Jacks, Inventions (as mentioned above). Walts is also a wonderful experience but I'm not convinced it's worth the price tag, whereas for me Inventions is because of the characters.

In the village, I prefer King Ludwigs as a cheaper option for table service, I find the food and service much better than Annette's (we used to love Annette's but have had two really bad experiences with service there now so probably won't be back anytime soon).

And how could I forget trusty Earl of Sandwich in the village?! Cheaper than Disney owned counter service offerings and soooo much tastier than most!

CS: Hakuna Matata, Fuente del Oro, Earl of Sandwich
TS: Rainforest Café, Annette's Diner, Inventions

We were fortunate to visit last week on a “premium half board meal plan” and were pleasantly surprised by the food at DLP!

Inventions - ate here for breakfast every day since we stayed at Disneyland Hotel. Fab 5 character greets in the lobby with usually a very short wait. Delicious croissants, plenty of “American” options, beautiful views into the park!

Walt’s - it was good, but our least favorite TS food-wise. Don’t be enticed by Walt’s cheeseburger and Chile con carne. Worth going for the decor alone IMHO if you are a Disney fan.

King Ludwig’s - it’s decent “German” food, nothing particularly special. The prices are very reasonable compared to other offerings in Disney Village and plenty of beer on tap. You’ll recognize the decor if you’ve been to Neuschwanstein Castle.

Chez Remy - Wow, I wish we had one of these stateside! Cute decor and the food was fantastic! I can now say I’ve eaten foie gras inside a Disney Park! Definitely need to get a reservation in advance.

California Grill - the decor is a little dated with the wallpaper and Victorian theme, but WOW... the food! One if the best Disney meals I’ve ever had. The cold pea soup with asparagus foam was beautiful and absolutely delicious.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts