Dining Question

MommaluvsDis

DIS Veteran
I understand that breakfast and lunch are go wherever we decide and eat but what if, for dinner, we don't want to eat in the restaurant they've assigned us? Do we let them know ahead of time if possible? There may be a night we just want to eat in the room or something.

If we were not following our rotation, we just let our waiters know the night before. We just did it as a courtesy...but I don't think you have to let anyone know for sure! We also did it so our waiters didn't bring our wine to dinner. They were awesome about having our unfinished bottle from the night before waiting for us when we got to the table!

We just went on our first cruise ( 4 night Wonder) and we loved going to a different restaurant each night and enjoying the atmosphere and the menu and our attentive waiters. Not to mention that the meals were already paid for!

But, if you decide for some reason not to go where you've been assigned, you can always order room service or go to Palo's or eat from the stands at the pools (but I think they close around the dinner hours).

If you don't show up, your wait-staff still have other guests to attend to. I also would think that you shouldn't deduct the tip.

We couldn't resist trying most of the food during the day (buffet and pool stands), but by day 3, my kids finally realized they needed to save room for dinner. The last two nights they finally had room to have dessert!

I just think that since this is your first cruise, you will probably not feel like staying in your room rather than going out to dine.
We didn't eat at Palo's, but I definitely think this would be a great alternative, especially for the last evening since your restaurant will be the same as the first night.

Just my thoughts.

If you are on the 7 day they serve a dinner at TopSiders. We didn't try it, but I was told you pick out your appetizer at the buffet line and order your main course there. The server will bring it to you.

This subject usually comes up with people who don't want to dress up for dinner, so I'll mention that you can wear whatever you want to Topsiders, as long as it's within the guides of health and decency rules (LOL)!

Hi Two-foxes,

You mentioned the waiters bringing your wine to dinner and this was a recent topic of discussion between DH and I. We really enjoy wine with our meals and up until about 6 weeks ago were completely committed to trying one of the wine packages - a regular size bottle was no problem for the two of us to finish over the course of a meal. :rolleyes:

However, for a wide variety of reasons we're going to need to "curb that consumption" and were wondering how this works since we read about it in the Passporter as an option. That would still let us purchase one of the packages - since they have some unique items - and only drink a glass each with dinner saving the rest for the following night. Do you know any of the details?

Thanks!
Deb

On our cruise, when I ordered wine the first night the assistant waiter asked if I would like to order a bottle for the cruise since that might be more economical. She even let me sample a couple of wines. When I (only I was drinking wine) found the one I liked (2nd tasting), that was my bottle. I believe she refilled my glass only if I wanted her to. The following nights she came out with the bottle and filled my glass immediately after being seated. It was great!
:rolleyes: Wish I was still there!

Ok, this may sound odd, but how do the servers keep track of whose bottle is whose? Are they labeled in some manner? Any idea how the open bottles are stored?

I know I'm obsessing on this :(

Deb

FantasticDisFamily-

The waitstaff was soooo flexible with us on this package. We ordered the less expensive package (still a good choice as my dad the wine freak noted after the fact:D ) My DH wanted red at our first dinner and I wanted white, so we chose our respective bottles (we didn't finish them, needless to say) and they were brought back to our table ready to go on the second night. I assume that if we wanted a third opened they would have done it, no questions asked! We told our staff on our PC night that we were dining at Palo, so they held our bottles till the next evening. At Palo, we ordered yet another bottle from our package there (the waiter was very helpful) and finished that one off at that dinner (absolutely wonderful, may I add....) Then since we had one bottle left, we brought a bottle of sparkling wine home with us and enjoyed it the night we closed on our house!

I assume that the waiters lable the wine some how and keep it until the next dinner....regardless, it ended up waiting for us each night, I am very happy to say:teeth:

I hope I answered your question...they made it clear that we were able to take home what we didn't consume, so if you only use 2 bottles on a 4 night, you should be able to take the remaining bottles home! (just don't try take open bottles home...I don't think that would be such a good idea.)

Sounds like they have storage and labeling capabilities that preserve the quality of the product. We're doing the 7 day so it is good to know they are able to work with that so well.

Thanks!
Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter