Dining at Disneyland Paris.... what should and shouldn't we miss?

We will be there for the first time this summer. How good is Disney at handling food allergies at both CS and TS restaurants? Also, how are rides and shows if we do not know much French?

From what I have read (here and elsewhere) allergies are a nightmare at DLP. Once you identify that you have an allergy, you will be offered a choice of prepackaged frozen entrees. That’s it - there is no effort to modify meals to accommodate allergies. There is not allergy menu as in the US parks. And the reviews of those frozen meals are universally awful.

If you have a severe allergy, you may want to avoid eating in DLP restaurants altogether (including the hotels). If you can manage to avoid your allergen through careful menu reading, then you may get be able to have a few meals in the parks.

I have celiac, and when we are there in May I will either be super careful with menus or just skip DLP meals altogether. I will not be paying premium DLP prices for prepackaged frozen meals.

From what I have read (here and elsewhere) allergies are a nightmare at DLP. Once you identify that you have an allergy, you will be offered a choice of prepackaged frozen entrees. That’s it - there is no effort to modify meals to accommodate allergies. There is not allergy menu as in the US parks. And the reviews of those frozen meals are universally awful.

If you have a severe allergy, you may want to avoid eating in DLP restaurants altogether (including the hotels). If you can manage to avoid your allergen through careful menu reading, then you may get be able to have a few meals in the parks.

I have celiac, and when we are there in May I will either be super careful with menus or just skip DLP meals altogether. I will not be paying premium DLP prices for prepackaged frozen meals.

I found a fairly recent video on YouTube about allergies at DLP, maybe it helps. There are some more of these videos.

I have to ask: What is "European style food"? I've been to Europe quite a few times, but this doesn't mean anything to me. Can anyone help? Thanks.

I have to ask: What is "European style food"? I've been to Europe quite a few times, but this doesn't mean anything to me. Can anyone help? Thanks.

The biggest difference is the size in portions ;-) Compared to US.
But usually it means that's more UK style and that they have baked beans in tomato sauce, sausages and those kind of things for breakfast.

The biggest difference is the size in portions ;-) Compared to US.
But usually it means that's more UK style and that they have baked beans in tomato sauce, sausages and those kind of things for breakfast.

Also, in the Disneyland Paris buffets, you wouldn't really see things like Barbque Ribs, nachos, deep fried battered /crispy chicken or a wide variety of vegetarian options. European food tends to meat oriented, with multiple beef and pork options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter