Differences in HA rooms-“Florida Accessible”?

NancyDVC

DIS Veteran
We are long time DVC members and have stayed in HA rooms with the roll in shower. Now I see that there are “Florida Accessible’ rooms at OKW and SSR. What is the difference? I have asked at MS and was not able to get an answer.
Also I saw that SSR has elevated toilet seats available. My DBFF has had hip and knee replacments and needs a higher toilet seat. Are the elevated toilet seats available at other resorts?

We are long time DVC members and have stayed in HA rooms with the roll in shower. Now I see that there are “Florida Accessible’ rooms at OKW and SSR. What is the difference? I have asked at MS and was not able to get an answer.
Also I saw that SSR has elevated toilet seats available. My DBFF has had hip and knee replacments and needs a higher toilet seat. Are the elevated toilet seats available at other resorts?

We also use the roll in shower rooms. I have been told the Florida accessible have the higher bed frame and no roll in shower.

Thank you. The higher bed frame is an advantage because she had issues with the lower bed at Aulani. But as long as there is the separate shower as at OKW we should be okay.
The other issue is the toilet height and grab bars for the toilet.

Thanks again

Thank you. The higher bed frame is an advantage because she had issues with the lower bed at Aulani. But as long as there is the separate shower as at OKW we should be okay.
The other issue is the toilet height and grab bars for the toilet.

Thanks again

There will be grab bars by the toilet. You can request a seat raiser for the toilet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter