Difference between the cruise ships

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone
We are looking into booking a 4 night cruise. What are the differences between the ships. Is one better than another. Also would you recommend the Bermuda or Bahamas port?
We have a 7 year old daughter if that matters.
Thank you for your time and knowledge

Hi Everyone
We are looking into booking a 4 night cruise. What are the differences between the ships. Is one better than another. Also would you recommend the Bermuda or Bahamas port?
We have a 7 year old daughter if that matters.
Thank you for your time and knowledge
The Magic & Wonder are smaller than the Dream & Fantasy.

The Dream & Fantasy have more "bells & whistles", but the Magic & Wonder have a better adult pool area.

Dream class ships have Remy, Magic class doesn't.

An older thread, but does cover more differences: https://disboards.com/threads/bigge...-classic-ships-and-dream-class-ships.3610659/

Most likely you will be looking at the Dream if you want a 4 night cruise. The ones that tend to go to the Southern Caribbean tend to be 7+ night cruises.

We prefer the larger ships (we have 3 kids), and love all the things to do on board, however, with that said, I would have a hard time passing up the chance to go to Bermuda, given the choice. Especially since the other option is Nassau. Though we LOVE Castaway Cay.

Each ship has a different main show: Wonder- Frozen, Magic- Tangled, Dream- Beauty and the Beast, Fantasy- Aladdin

Dream and Fantasy are sister ships as are Magic and Wonder so they will have similar features.

I've been on Dream and Magic and thought the feel of the ships were pretty similar. Restaurants were different slightly and the Dream was bigger overall. The adult only pool is set up differently, I think I liked the Magic more.

Magic has the aquadunk, Dream and Fantasy have the aquaduck.

I've never been to Bermuda, but I'd take that over Nassau.

Also would you recommend the Bermuda or Bahamas port?

Just to focus on this aspect of your question... the Bermuda cruises all depart from NYC and are 5 or 6 nights, with limited cruises offered just in the fall and only on the Magic. There is more variety for 4-night cruises -- departing port, itineraries and ships. The most common 4-night cruise on DCL is to the Bahamas with a stop at the private island Castaway Cay, from Port Canaveral on the Dream - this cruise is offered year-round. Other 4-night cruises are offered on the Magic or Wonder from various departure ports with various itineraries, most likely just during the winter months.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter