Did online checkin but got a message that says I have to stop at front desk for my room assignment.

We’ve never done online checkin in all the years we’ve been coming, but grabbed a last minute pass holder rate at Movies last night and went ahead and did online checkin.

So what happens with online check in? If you have magic bands do you even have to go to the desk?

Last edited:
Which resort? Each resort has their own policies and potential issues. We received that message when staying at BC. When we went to the front desk, the last time, we happened to be greeted by the hotel manager and I asked why we get that message at BC but not at other resorts. She said that it's pretty common at BC. If anyone in your party has more than 1 Magic Band (active or not), the hotel's policy is to require you to come to the front desk. Because of Stormalong Bay, the resort limits each guest to using only 1 MB for pool access - but this limits room access to one MB as well. The trip to the front desk is required to setup a specific band for room and pool access. All other bands will still work for tickets, dining, charging, photo pass, etc., but can't be used to access the pool or the room.

We had a split stay that trip (3 resorts, BC first). Only the one band per person that was setup by BC front desk worked at BC. As soon as we transferred to AK (and then to Poly), any of the 5 or 6 bands I had worked just fine to open the doors.

So it's definitely a thing at BC, probably YC as well.

The manager also said that other resorts she's been at, have had various other operational reasons for requiring guests to sometimes go to the front desk first.

Steve
That didn't happen to us at the BC last year. We had 2 old magic bands with us and they all opened the door and worked for stormalong bay. Very weird how they don't roll it out for everyone .

I've had this happen twice.

1) Credit card I booked the room with had expired.

2) Too many active MB's on my account - and they couldn't get them all to sync to the system (I think I had about 8-12 MBs it was trying to sync). Since that trip - I've been sure to inactive any MB that wasn't coming on the trip - and I haven't had this problem again.

Even w/ split stays sometimes we get the room ready text, next resort we don’t - no rhyme or reason to it, just another Disney mystery.

We were booked at our home resort of OKW in 2015 and we got the same message. Apparently some rooms had been taken out of service by a mechanical issue and they ended up sending us to BLT (we had a choice of a few resorts with availability). We had a very nice unit with an awesome MK view (and they gave us a nice $ credit to use as well). It worked out very nicely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!