Did I make a mistake???

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
So confused and I need help
I'm surprising my DH with a trip to US/IOA .
I called and book next Sept 2019 for DH birthday week.
And ask for a standard room.
She said they're location is only in the "tower" buildings.
I asked if the room had a mini frig and she said no just a cooling cube(what??).
Aren't the tower rooms the farest building out from check-in??, and a long walk to the bus stop and dining?.

I'm wondering if I should have booked a family suite.
Are the suites by the lazy river pool. And are they close to dining and bus stop?.
TIA

So confused and I need help
I'm surprising my DH with a trip to US/IOA .
I called and book next Sept 2019 for DH birthday week.
And ask for a standard room.
She said they're location is only in the "tower" buildings.
I asked if the room had a mini frig and she said no just a cooling cube(what??).
Aren't the tower rooms the farest building out from check-in??, and a long walk to the bus stop and dining?.

I'm wondering if I should have booked a family suite.
Are the suites by the lazy river pool. And are they close to dining and bus stop?.
TIA

There are definitely standard rooms with mini fridges that are in the towers. I'm not sure what a cooling cube even is. There are four towers...you can request which ones you want to be in. Ask for the Americana or Continental if you want to be closer to the bus stop and by the lazy river. The other towers really aren't that long a walk to the bus stop though. Only a couple of minutes.

Here is a youtube of the standard room in a tower ...

Last edited:
Ditto what damo said - its just the weird way they make their rooms...

Here is a resort map...

cabana-bay-beach-resort-map.jpg

I've stayed in a regular room in Americana....way at the end. A long walk. The room does have a dorm sized fridge.
Then we stayed in a standard Suite in Continental the next time, right near the main part of the building.
I like both those buildings due to the interior corridor. The other side of the resort is set up like a motel with outside entrances.
If you don't need a Suite, I would stick with the regular room. Better price and nicely set up.

Called back and asked to be in the Continental Building near check -in Pool side. Not a bad upgrade price $9 more on deposit.
When I asked the room location for the Standard Family Suites in the Courtyard(located of the outside of the Castaway,Starlit,Thunderbird)a lot more money for not a great view to me. Maybe others would like the view.
Can wait to go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter