Did anyone see Pat Sajak's final Wheel Of Fortune episode last Friday?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Did anyone get to watch Pat Sajak's final Wheel Of Fortune episode last Friday? I heard he gave an awesome farewell speech and he will be missed by longtime Wheel Of Fortune fans who grew up watching him and Vanna White become a dynamic duo on every Wheel Of Fortune episode. I wonder what new direction Wheel Of Fortune will take now that Ryan Seacrest will be the new host this fall?

I don't usually watch that show, but my niece mentioned that she was watching this week. Pat was definitely an icon, and I hope he enjoys his retirement!

Yep…..we watched it ::yes::
I have a TV in the kitchen, so we always have the dinner time news on, and then Wheel of Fortune at 6:30pm. As we eat, we try to guess the puzzles.

We did watch Pat’s final episode, and his final words were very well thought out, well spoken and very touching. It’ll be weird not seeing him next season, and I hope Ryan Seacrest does well. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes.

We have watched Wheel for as long as I can remember. If we are not at home we tape it. My adult daughter has Down syndrome and this show has increased her spelling and vocabulary skills immensely over the years. She solves many more puzzles than her father and I and sometimes we are amazed at the words she intuitively knows. I found his speech as well as Vanna’s very moving. I will be interested to see how Seacrest handles this iconic show.

Yes, I watched it and got choked up. I am not a regular viewer, but I wanted to see Pat’s last show.

We watch most nights but were out and totally forgot about his last episode but we saw the show the night before and Vanna's farewell to him was so touching. I really thought she was going to cry on camera.

I am hopeful Ryan will be good for the show....it will be different for sure without Pat though....just like it is different with Ken Jennings on Jeopardy. Every night I still think they are going to say "your host Alex Trebek" instead of Ken.

When I was a little girl my grandfather and great-grandmother would watch Wheel Of Fortune every night and my mom always liked to watch Pat and Vanna's end conversation because she thought Pat Sajak was great as host. I can't believe that this will be the third change that Wheel Of Fortune has seen in all of it's years starting with the death of announcer Jack Kelly in 1988 and the death of announcer Charlie O'Donnell and now the departure of Pat Sajak has been added to the history of Wheel Of Fortune. I do hope that when Ryan Seacrest makes his debut this fall Wheel Of Fortune will no longer do theme weeks of episodes because although the theme weeks are cool it would be nice to see a normal episode of Wheel Of Fortune as a non-themed episode. Another thing I have never figured out is why in the video game versions of Wheel Of Fortune Vanna White was always the hostess rather than both Pat Sajak and Vanna White until the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS versions came out and I wondered why Pat Sajak couldn't host the video game versions of Wheel Of Fortune? Will there also be a new announcer for this season of Wheel Of Fortune too? Or is Jim Thornton still gonna be the announcer?

My mom and I watch most every night, so we did see Pat's farewell. And Vanna's the night before. Mama cried for both. lol
I love Wheel, and watching has been a ritual in our house. I remember watching it with my mom when I was a kid, too. Vanna’s speech was just so eloquent and touching. I definitely was on the verge of tears. Pat will be missed in our house. We’ll keep watching- but it won’t be the same.

Did anyone get to watch Pat Sajak's final Wheel Of Fortune episode last Friday? I heard he gave an awesome farewell speech and he will be missed by longtime Wheel Of Fortune fans who grew up watching him and Vanna White become a dynamic duo on every Wheel Of Fortune episode. I wonder what new direction Wheel Of Fortune will take now that Ryan Seacrest will be the new host this fall?
I didn't see that one. But I remember when Pat Sajak was a weatherman for WSM in Nashville, and when he left for Hollywood. That was a long time ago, and I've always liked Pat Sajak.

I didn't see that one. But I remember when Pat Sajak was a weatherman for WSM in Nashville, and when he left for Hollywood. That was a long time ago, and I've always liked Pat Sajak.
Yup, he left to do weather for KNBC in Los Angeles. To be honest, I watched him more doing that than I ever did hosting Wheel of Fortune.

I remember reading that Pat Sajak replaced Chuck Woolery as host of Wheel Of Fortune and Vanna White replaced Susan Stafford as co-host/letterturner and I never knew Pat Sajak was a weatherman before becoming a game show host. I think with Ryan Seacrest as the new star Wheel Of Fortune will indeed have new changes to this new upcoming season in the fall. The part of Wheel Of Fortune I like and I am pretty good at guessing it is the bonus round and I guess the puzzle before the contestant does. I also like playing the Wheel Of Fortune video games too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter