Dessert Party or Hollywood Studios After Hours... that is the question

Hockeymom#24

Earning My Ears
I need some advice... my son (he’s 11) and I will be coming to WDW for 10 days over Spring Break. We have been lucky enough to be able to come down the last 3 years. We also have the Deluxe Dining Plan- I know it is a lot of food, but for us going to the restaurants is a big part of the experience too.

The first night I made a dessert party reservation for us for Happily Ever After at Tomorrowland Terrace. We have seen the show before, but we haven’t experienced a dessert party.

We are not a huge Hollywood Studios fans right now because honestly my son will not ride many of the rides, except what is in Toy Story Land. Therefore, we are not going to spend much time there. I was able to get a Slinky Dog Fastpass but we will have to wait in line for Alien Swirling Saucers and Toy Story Mania.

So my question is this- should I get rid of the dessert party and purchase DAH for Hollywood Studios instead to experience Toy Story Land? I am an annual pass holder so with the discount, there isn’t a huge price difference. I have looked at the Early Morning Magic as well, but that seemed like a waste since we already have breakfast taken care of.

Thoughts?

The DAH at HS has a couple of other rides besides just the ones in Toy Story Land...there is Tower of Terror, Star Tours, and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. If your son has no interest in any of those I would tell you to keep the dessert party and just do standby or FP+ refresh on the day of your visit for Toy Story Mania and Alien Saucers. Especially since you are there for a full ten days it's not like you are taking a huge amount of time away from the other parks...especially if you aren't spending much time there anyway...

That's just my two cents though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!