Deposit money refund

mouselike-harrier

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to switch my hotels because of a better rate. Approximately, and I know it's approximate, how long is the original deposit in never neverland before it is refunded to your credit card?

I’ve canceled and rebooked a couple of times. Both times I had the money refunded to my card within three days. Your mileage may vary depending on your cards bank.

For vacation packages, I had to cancel and rebook twice. Once, I called after 3 weeks to be told it was 2-3 business weeks, which actually works out to 4 weeks. So waited another week and when it still didn’t show, I called to ask where my money was to then be told it had never been processed; they were sorry and it would be another 5-7 business days, and it did indeed take another 5 business days to show. 2nd deposit to be returned also went 4 weeks and when still no refund I called, they said because of the hurricane they were backed up and to wait another week. I will be calling yet again tomorrow if it doesn’t show. Absolutely ridiculous how long they hold onto your money with the vacation packages.

I recently cancelled a room only reservation and they processed the refund the next day, but it took 8 business days to post to my credit card. When it did, it did show that they processed it the next day.

I had a package booked and it took 4 1/2 weeks to get our money refunded. They told me 2-3 weeks originally and when I called after 3 weeks they said another 2-3 weeks. I asked to get it escalated and 1 1/2 weeks later our money was refunded. Not sure why it takes so long. Cancelled Disney around the same time( booked through an agent with better deal) and our money was refunded 5 days later.

I booked originally at Aventura, cancelled Aventura and booked instead at Sapphire. Took 5 business days to get refund to Visa.

The packages are booking through a travel agency, Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations. No idea why the travel agency takes so long to give refunds when booking room only through Universal/Loews seems to only be a couple of days.

I just cancelled 1 week ago and am still waiting for it to post. Will call tomorrow...

We also had to wait about two months for a package cancellation through a travel agent. The agent (who ummm happens to be my wife ;) ) kept calling to ask them. So it’s not an agency problem, it’s a problem of how they process the package refunds on the Universal side. Very screwy.

We also had to wait about two months for a package cancellation through a travel agent. The agent (who ummm happens to be my wife ;) ) kept calling to ask them. So it’s not an agency problem, it’s a problem of how they process the package refunds on the Universal side. Very screwy.

But she’s ultimately booking the package through universal’s travel agency (because that’s where the packages come from). That's the agency that is part of the delay.

If she booked room-only it would fall in line with what the other people responding about room-only are saying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter