Delivery to room after proposal....looking for ideas!

kerry34

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Headed to my happy place December 7th-14th! My daughter's boyfriend will be proposing while we are there! DH and I would like to have something sent to their room for when they return in the evening as a congratulations! Looking for recommendations as to the best place, whether it be directly from Disney or outside channels? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

To have something sent directly to the room, take a look at Disney Floral and Gifts. They can place things directly in a resort room. http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do
PLEASE - this :). It's not cheap,either by cost, or by the wonderful things one gets :).

Dear wife and I have done this for our married children :). VERY dear friends have done this for US :). Disney's own "Floral and Gifts" is absolutely the high road :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I've used Pixie Dust Delivery Service. However, I believe she doesn't necessarily deliver in room. You can contact her and ask. When we used her, the basket was at the front desk when we checked in. But we checked in at the front desk. At any rate, she's cheaper than Disney Floral and customizes the gift baskets. We will probably use her again for our next trip because we have three first timers and three birthdays, and I want something special for at least one first timer and one birthday.

I’m in the same boat for June. But will be my son with his gf. I’m thinking about ordering a cake that will be sent to their room OR even kicking around the idea of shipping something from home to the resort, maybe a bottle of champagne and glasses with some other goodies and having it there so I can place it in their room. I will just ask him to get me a room key from the front desk. Not sure which route I will go.....have fun!

Congrats to your daughter! My DH proposed to me at POR. He had ordered a flower arrangement from Disney Floral and requested it be delivered to the room after 5pm, so it would be there after we got back from the parks and that's when he'd propose. Lo and behold, the arrangement was delivered sometime between 9am-1pm and was there when we came back for our mid-day break. He wasn't expecting it and had to scramble to grab the ring out of the dresser and propose while I stood there confused as to why there were flowers in the room. LOL! Its a good story now I guess, but he was upset about it at the time. The moral of the story is do NOT trust Disney Floral with time requests. You mention you want something delivered in the evening but perhaps the next day would be better.

Fast forward a couple years later, and DH had a flower arrangement delivered to our room at POR for our first wedding anniversary. They were delivered sometime between 9am-1pm again (which was fine this time lol). So I think they tend to come early in the day.

Congrats to your daughter! My DH proposed to me at POR. He had ordered a flower arrangement from Disney Floral and requested it be delivered to the room after 5pm, so it would be there after we got back from the parks and that's when he'd propose. Lo and behold, the arrangement was delivered sometime between 9am-1pm and was there when we came back for our mid-day break. He wasn't expecting it and had to scramble to grab the ring out of the dresser and propose while I stood there confused as to why there were flowers in the room. LOL! Its a good story now I guess, but he was upset about it at the time. The moral of the story is do NOT trust Disney Floral with time requests. You mention you want something delivered in the evening but perhaps the next day would be better.

Fast forward a couple years later, and DH had a flower arrangement delivered to our room at POR for our first wedding anniversary. They were delivered sometime between 9am-1pm again (which was fine this time lol). So I think they tend to come early in the day.

This exact scenario came to my mind as I was browsing their products. He is proposing in the evening, but we do have a midday break planned that day as we have an Epcot morning and then MK in the evening. I would be upset if our surprise wrecked my future son-in-law's perfectly planned out proposal! So you may be right that a next day plan may be better. Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

I’m in the same boat for June. But will be my son with his gf. I’m thinking about ordering a cake that will be sent to their room OR even kicking around the idea of shipping something from home to the resort, maybe a bottle of champagne and glasses with some other goodies and having it there so I can place it in their room. I will just ask him to get me a room key from the front desk. Not sure which route I will go.....have fun!

This is also a good idea! Congrats and enjoy your trip as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter