Delivery and smoke smell

Callie

Always Dreaming of Disney Magic
I ordered a Christmas tree from Michael’s on Black Friday. It got delivered today.
As soon as I got it inside and started to open the box the smell of cigarette smoke was so overwhelming.
I sniffed it again to ensure it wasn’t something else but nope. That area of the house smells but I put it back outside.
Delivered by UPS. My friend said I’m being dramatic and should expect to get stinky deliveries but not when it’s an item over $100!

We had that happen with a couch a few years back. We waited until our old couch was falling apart to buy a new one. Then when it got delivered it reeked of cigarette smoke. We are all allergic to smoke. You better believe I called the furniture store and had them come get it.

It happened last year with a pizza delivery. It was like the delivery person opened the box and blew smoke into it. Gag.

Glad I’m not over reacting. I have bad allergies and a sensitive nose. I called the store. They will mail me a new one. I warned them this one will be returned once the box stops smelling as it sits outside.

There are times when things have a chemical smell due to their manufacture. This isn't is. I don't think you're overreacting nor do I think the price really matters.

Do you think it was the tree itself or the box? The tree itself would be more likely an issue with the company where it was assembled/made. The box would be more likely to be the UPS delivery person. At least IMO.

Here's hoping your replacement doesn't have a stink to it!

I ordered a Christmas tree from Michael’s on Black Friday. It got delivered today.
As soon as I got it inside and started to open the box the smell of cigarette smoke was so overwhelming.
I sniffed it again to ensure it wasn’t something else but nope. That area of the house smells but I put it back outside.
Delivered by UPS. My friend said I’m being dramatic and should expect to get stinky deliveries but not when it’s an item over $100!

I don’t think you’re overreacting at all. I can’t stand the smell of smoke either and would have done the same. IMO, that’s unacceptable, and you shouldn’t have to pay for shipping to send it back. Hope
the new one comes with no bad odor.

It’s the box itself that is stinking. I don’t think Michael’s would allow smoking in their warehouse. The delivery driver appeared to be in a ups truck per my camera.

I am really sensitive to smell and I wouldn’t be happy either. Glad you called the store.

Maybe a ghost arrived with the tree and the ghost smoked.

You were absolutely right to take the action you took. The smell of stale cigarette smoke is disgusting. I live with two smokers, and I have to burn a scented candle all day every day just to keep my room from reeking. They only light up at a fan over the stove, but as you all know the smoke smell still goes everywhere. And we have a child in the house, which makes it a hundred times worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter