December 2018 Discount Watch

:sunny:Good Morning folks :sunny:

Hopefully everyone is hanging in there while we wait for discounts. I’m hoping at least pin codes come out soon.

I am a bit surprised how poor club level availability looks for much of November/December. There aren’t even many discounts out there besides the Bounceback for a week or two in December and maybe free dining - which isn’t very compelling when paying club level rack rates.

Not sure if some rooms were held with the hope of a discount otherwise will cancel later (makes discount less likely) or perhaps enough people are willing to pay the ~$1k per night for these rooms. The standard rooms seem more open for those looking at those. :goodvibes

Either way, hopefully Disney starts dropping discounts soon and everyone is able to grab what they want! This season is certainly more busy than it used to be. :santa:

:sunny:Good Morning folks :sunny:

Hopefully everyone is hanging in there while we wait for discounts. I’m hoping at least pin codes come out soon.

I am a bit surprised how poor club level availability looks for much of November/December. There aren’t even many discounts out there besides the Bounceback for a week or two in December and maybe free dining - which isn’t very compelling when paying club level rack rates.

Not sure if some rooms were held with the hope of a discount otherwise will cancel later (makes discount less likely) or perhaps enough people are willing to pay the ~$1k per night for these rooms. The standard rooms seem more open for those looking at those. :goodvibes

Either way, hopefully Disney starts dropping discounts soon and everyone is able to grab what they want! This season is certainly more busy than it used to be. :santa:
I bet that more folks are booking due to the perks that come with the paid FP etc

Using last year as a guide, it looks like mid-July for general public (up to 20%) and mid-August for AP (up to 25%) discounts.

There was a new room only offer that covers most of December that appeared when I checked the WDW website this morning. It applies through to Dec 24th and is called the "Enchanting Holidays Room Offer".

I was able to apply it to my current room only booking and saved 20% on my BC ressie for the eligible nights.

There was a new room only offer that covers most of December that appeared when I checked the WDW website this morning. It applies through to Dec 24th and is called the "Enchanting Holidays Room Offer".

I was able to apply it to my current room only booking and saved 20% on my BC ressie for the eligible nights.
Runs to call Disney

Called first thing this morning....no discounts available for Boardwalk Inn for the dates i'm staying for ANY room type, even though my dates fall in the range. 8-) I do have a 2017 package price, so i'm not sure how much of a discount it would have been but still....NOTHING???

Called first thing this morning....no discounts available for Boardwalk Inn for the dates i'm staying for ANY room type, even though my dates fall in the range. 8-) I do have a 2017 package price, so i'm not sure how much of a discount it would have been but still....NOTHING???

Nothing for my dates either for Poly...nothing at all. Looking at the site for my dates, there are only 8 resorts with the discount available and 2 of them are for club level only.... :(

I just spent an hour on the phone BUT I was able to save $2000 on our AKL CL savanna room! When I checked online myself nothing came up so it is worth the time to make the call!

I just spent an hour on the phone BUT I was able to save $2000 on our AKL CL savanna room! When I checked online myself nothing came up so it is worth the time to make the call!

Did it happen to be a suite? I'm asking because there was nothing available online for my room category (1BR Suite) at either of the hotels I'm currently booked at for my split stay. I didn't think it was worth making the phone call...but now I'm wondering if it would be! Did they just apply the discount or did you have to rebook? TIA for any info you can provide. :)

Did it happen to be a suite? I'm asking because there was nothing available online for my room category (1BR Suite) at either of the hotels I'm currently booked at for my split stay. I didn't think it was worth making the phone call...but now I'm wondering if it would be! Did they just apply the discount or did you have to rebook? TIA for any info you can provide. :)

No it is not a suite, just a CL savanna view as it is just me and my daughter on this trip. I had to cancel and rebook but that might be because I added 10 day tickets. I had previously booked room only because I was going to wait until we were there to buy annual passes but to get the offer I had to have a package. We will upgrade to season passes when we arrive.

The cast member tried a few different codes and finally one worked. Be persistent! You may have to move your dates a few days either way but it could end up saving real money. We were able to keep the same dates but that was something the CM was going to try if this hadn't worked. For an 11 night stay, that $2000 savings was significant.

Just to add-

Availability was worse than I even expected. Not that there could be much anyway as some of these deluxe CL resorts are completely booked at rack rates.

Aside from FD filling out rooms (still surprised it effects club level as much), they released pin codes the same day as the general public. It’s 5% more than GP discount.

I’ve been trying to piece together a trip. I got the BC room I wanted but am struggling at the Grand. Hopefully as we get closer and people move around their dates, more open up. Oh and hopefully the room that opens up is eligible for a discount! Good luck everyone

I got two offers, and both were decent, however they could not touch our FD that is already in place. My DD called and the CM could find availability but the savings were just not there for us. Now if a FD comes out we might try again, but right now my 2 bedroom villa at OKW is the best buy for our crew of 7 adults. I saved over 4200 on that deal.

I got two offers, and both were decent, however they could not touch our FD that is already in place. My DD called and the CM could find availability but the savings were just not there for us. Now if a FD comes out we might try again, but right now my 2 bedroom villa at OKW is the best buy for our crew of 7 adults. I saved over 4200 on that deal.

I was just trying to be helpful for those who been waiting for some room-only discounts to be released --- not saying it was the best offer out there. Some of us need the room-only offers and this seems to be the first available -- so I thought it was worth mentioning. For me I needed a room only offer as our original reservation was room only and was already fully paid off. Since they won't transfer payments between room only bookings and packages it would mean paying the forex fees 3 times -- adding 7.5% to the already crappy exchange rates which negates any benefit for the free dining packages that came along after. Everyone's situation is different.

I was just trying to be helpful for those who been waiting for some room-only discounts to be released --- not saying it was the best offer out there. Some of us need the room-only offers and this seems to be the first available -- so I thought it was worth mentioning. For me I needed a room only offer as our original reservation was room only and was already fully paid off. Since they won't transfer payments between room only bookings and packages it would mean paying the forex fees 3 times -- adding 7.5% to the already crappy exchange rates which negates any benefit for the free dining packages that came along after. Everyone's situation is different.

Oh, I know you were not saying it was the best offer. I am sorry if I looked disagreeable!

I was just saying that for now what I have is best, What I really wanted was a twofer. I wanted a RO discount and a FD discount. So far I have not gotten that and I am not going to hold a room with a RO discount while waiting for the other. I would love to move resorts so my DH can be on the monorail, or my girls can have their first request of the BC, however I am too stinkin cheap if I cannot come close to my total bill, counting any OOP I will have on additional meals cost.

SO unless an AP discount works, it’s safe to say I’ll have to pay rack rate on the GrandFl. portion of my stay as it looks like they did not allocate anything to the Main Bldg during my week. Since those $ are crazy :sick:, I’ve been trying to think of ways to save 5-10%.

I already use GCs to pay off the trip (Target R.I.P.). Travel sites like Orbitz don’t have any of these rooms either. Let me know if there are any other ideas out there!!! :surfweb:

SO unless an AP discount works, it’s safe to say I’ll have to pay rack rate on the GrandFl. portion of my stay as it looks like they did not allocate anything to the Main Bldg during my week. Since those $ are crazy :sick:, I’ve been trying to think of ways to save 5-10%.

I already use GCs to pay off the trip (Target R.I.P.). Travel sites like Orbitz don’t have any of these rooms either. Let me know if there are any other ideas out there!!! :surfweb:

Keep watching. As they look at their census they may release another discount.

Only value left for this deal was at music. We will stay at pop.

Saw the Dis post on FB while I was away on vacation at the beach. Got on the phone and waited over half an hour, but was able to apply the room only to my POP reservation. The CM said he was surprised because he hadn't been able to do that all day. Finally a bit of luck for us.:yay: Now if only I could ever get FD...

Saw the Dis post on FB while I was away on vacation at the beach. Got on the phone and waited over half an hour, but was able to apply the room only to my POP reservation. The CM said he was surprised because he hadn't been able to do that all day. Finally a bit of luck for us.:yay: Now if only I could ever get FD...

Awesome! Congrats! I maybe I will call back tonight and try again. Ive kept it a secret, so I will have to find a way to distract my youngest while im on the phone....lol

Every time I try to change it online Stitch is eating my page, its been happening for a month or so now (changing dates, adding dining and different tickets). Anyone else having this issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter