December 2018 Discount Watch

I would love to take a trip that first week of December too. I will wait with everyone else here to see what discounts will be offered.

Add me to the “patiently waiting” list. Hoping for Contemporary for December. Did get a pin but it’s for this summer .

Has anyone had any luck with December at the Contemporary? Even with the bounceback?

Add me to the “patiently waiting” list. Hoping for Contemporary for December. Did get a pin but it’s for this summer .

Has anyone had any luck with December at the Contemporary? Even with the bounceback?

While I haven’t stayed at the Contemporary I did see it available in years past whether for the Bounceback or AP discounts. I haven’t tracked whether it’s been discounted thus far in 2018 though. Good luck!:sunny:

We’ve got a strong following already and we are only ~8 months out! There’s something about planning for the trip that makes it feel more real/closer.

Hopefully we see discounts sooner rather than later :santa:

Waiting patiently too. I'm booked for Dec 8 - 16 at CBR but we are willing to move our dates and hotel in order to get the best discount. We want the DDP and will upgrade if we get free dining but even a room discount would be nice. hurry up with the discounts! I want to finish planning.

In addition to the pin email, we received one through snail mail yestrday for 30% through August. Still doesn’t help, but its the first one we’ve gotten through standard mail in years (didn’t know they were still sending out). Hopefully the discounts keep coming in through December. I want to book flights! :charac2::santa:

Looking to go the end of Nov, beginning of Dec. If there is an offer like free dining for part of my visit, can I take advantage of it or do I have to stay in the full period where it is offered?

Looking to go the end of Nov, beginning of Dec. If there is an offer like free dining for part of my visit, can I take advantage of it or do I have to stay in the full period where it is offered?

My understanding is you would have to book a split stay, where you have free dining for the eligible dates of your trip. Maybe you could get a room discount for the rest of the trip. Disney is usually good about keeping you in the same room despite two separate reservations (though not guaranteed).

It depends on when the free dining starts. If it is toward the beginning of your stay and then expires while you are there, then typically they uphold it for your whole stay. If the deal starts at some point into your trip (say on the 3rd day you are there), then as the PP mentioned you will have to do a split stay.

Hoping to go the week after your Thanksgiving as well so I think I'll just hang out with all of you waiting. This will most likely be a solo trip so free dining isn't a big deal but a room discount would be nice.

I’m thinking of an early solo December trip. The first week of December. Hoping everything falls into place!

Southwest will release flights through 1/6/19 on 5/31/18! Not a Disney discount but a milestone nonetheless! We are getting closer!

Keep an eye out, as this can change! Happened to us two years ago. SW suddenly released the flights about a week earlier and we missed out on the best pricing.

A tip for booking through Southwest:

- Book everyone's flight at the same time. We've booked for me, then my mom, then suddenly the fare is sold out. If you're paying, you can easily do this online. If you're using points, they can compile everyone's points over the phone

- Depending on whether you fly a lot or not, just book at the best fare (at the time). If the price goes down (and you happen to catch it), you can "switch" to the lower fare and southwest will either reimburse you the difference in points, or issue a voucher for the difference in dollars. This happens a lot during Christmas. We booked $280 going down, and 24k in points on way back up. We were reimbursed over 6k in points; and by the time we flew, the flight had gone down by $120.

- SW releases in buckets. To be safe, it's best to just secure your flight... but if you miss out on Wanna Get Away fares, then keep checking. They'll release more at another date.

Keep an eye out, as this can change! Happened to us two years ago. SW suddenly released the flights about a week earlier and we missed out on the best pricing.

A tip for booking through Southwest:

- Book everyone's flight at the same time. We've booked for me, then my mom, then suddenly the fare is sold out. If you're paying, you can easily do this online. If you're using points, they can compile everyone's points over the phone

- Depending on whether you fly a lot or not, just book at the best fare (at the time). If the price goes down (and you happen to catch it), you can "switch" to the lower fare and southwest will either reimburse you the difference in points, or issue a voucher for the difference in dollars. This happens a lot during Christmas. We booked $280 going down, and 24k in points on way back up. We were reimbursed over 6k in points; and by the time we flew, the flight had gone down by $120.

- SW releases in buckets. To be safe, it's best to just secure your flight... but if you miss out on Wanna Get Away fares, then keep checking. They'll release more at another date.

Airfare seems a lot more expensive to me than it was the last time I flew. Do you guys think Southwest is the cheapest?

Airfare seems a lot more expensive to me than it was the last time I flew. Do you guys think Southwest is the cheapest?

It'll depend on a number of factors. MCO is a pretty large airport, so going home shouldn't be bad. We fly out of a small airport on Long Island, so sometimes we get lucky with airfare. I've flown to Disney for as low as $180, and as much as $280-$300 one way. Sometimes you find solid deals on Delta. Jet Blue is also very good.

What makes Southwest worth it is the ability to get back the difference in points or dollars if your fare goes down.

I love SW's policy regarding changes, but the flight times can be rough. Last year, the only non-stop flight from my airport to MCO was 5:30am. That is a bit too early for my family. haha

JetBlue released it's prices on 4/8 and I had a $100 credit. I pulled the trigger and am all booked. I did just receive four free drink coupons from SW. Looks like I will have to plan another trip :earsboy:

*pulls up a chair & starts twiddling my thumbs*

I can't wait for those discounts! The family is looking to go 12/8-12/15, I absolutely adore WDW all dressed up for Christmas! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter