December 2018 Check-in Thread

smartlabelprint, craythorn, ClaraOswald , Tink1987 are already at DLR!!!

Hope all of you arrived safely, full of excitement for what is to come. May all of you experience the best of a Disney Holiday trip and bring home lots of great memories and mementos.
Thanks! I made it in yesterday. It was sprinkling on and off. Today is sunny. I’m at the gates. Lol Currently no line at bag check if anyone is wondering!

momjeeps & wallawallakids are currently enjoying their magical Disney Holiday.

Hoping all is going to plan and delightful Holiday surprises in everthing you do!

nicolita3, CallieMar, Halloweenqueen, vettegirl & Kauai4life are on their way.

Wishing you all safe arrivals and an enchanting and joyful visits to the Happiest Place on Earth!

We zoom down our list a little bit each day. Today we have four heading to DLR.

stubby, KelsBleep, Alacrity, and Lintasare are on their way. May all of you find Holiday joys and Disney wonderment in everything you do.

For those of you that are back, what have been your favorite items to eat at the Festival of Holidays? :santa:

Soooooo looking forward to eating those snacks! :drinking1

The Turkey & Stuffing Tamale with Cranberry Relish and the "Hot Cocoa" Marshmallow Macaron, both at the Merry Mashups booth.

How have crowds been for everyone this week? One of my friends went and she said it was crazy trying to park. I think she said her block out is about to go into effect, so I'm sure that is the case.

For those of you that are back, what have been your favorite items to eat at the Festival of Holidays? :santa:

Soooooo looking forward to eating those snacks! :drinking1

We only ate from Favorite Things (Ham Shanks and Reuben Potato Tots). My husband thought the shanks were tasty and sweet, while I think the Reuben tots weren't "Reuben-y" enough. Too much tots and toast, not enough sauerkraut and the 1000 island dressing was bland. Overall, boring flavor. I think people who don't really like zingy Reubens would go for this.

Over in the Jolly Holiday Bakery, the Santa Hat Macarons were SPOT ON! Minted chocolate perfection! Think Andes Mints done in macaron.

How have crowds been for everyone this week? One of my friends went and she said it was crazy trying to park. I think she said her block out is about to go into effect, so I'm sure that is the case.

This is my theory too. Yesterday morning was pretty empty but then we left at around 2pm as it was picking up a bit. When we went back to the Toy Story Parking Lot at 5:30 or so, there was a huge line of cars and the lot looked nearly full. But I noticed lots and lots of FPs still available, even by 8. The only ones gone in DL were IASWAL. Seems like the locals shows up later in the day for the Food festival and fireworks because then it was super dead again at 10. Strange pattern all day.

This is my theory too. Yesterday morning was pretty empty but then we left at around 2pm as it was picking up a bit. When we went back to the Toy Story Parking Lot at 5:30 or so, there was a huge line of cars and the lot looked nearly full. But I noticed lots and lots of FPs still available, even by 8. The only ones gone in DL were IASWAL. Seems like the locals shows up later in the day for the Food festival and fireworks because then it was super dead again at 10. Strange pattern all day.

Found out yesterday was last day of SoCal Select passes. Now everything makes sense. :idea:

I'm going next week (in park tu/w) and just scrambled to book everything. Planning to tell the kids the morning we wake up to go to the airport :) The weather looks amazing (coming from the cold wet PNW).

Any tricks for grabbing an early dinner reservation for Goofy's on Monday... Wondering if cancellations are random or upload at a certain time? Or if I would have better luck calling? I see a 5:10 reservation for 3, but we are 3 + highchair. The earliest reservation for 4 is 7:40. Would be a great way to kick of this surprise trip.

The Turkey & Stuffing Tamale with Cranberry Relish and the "Hot Cocoa" Marshmallow Macaron, both at the Merry Mashups booth.
Yum! That sounds fabulous I love tamales!
Avoid the s’mores frozen hot chocolate. Bitter aftertaste. Nasty.
Definitely will skip that, thanks, recommendations of what NOT to get are also awesome. o_O
We only ate from Favorite Things (Ham Shanks and Reuben Potato Tots). My husband thought the shanks were tasty and sweet, while I think the Reuben tots weren't "Reuben-y" enough. Too much tots and toast, not enough sauerkraut and the 1000 island dressing was bland. Overall, boring flavor. I think people who don't really like zingy Reubens would go for this.

Over in the Jolly Holiday Bakery, the Santa Hat Macarons were SPOT ON! Minted chocolate perfection! Think Andes Mints done in macaron.
Oh dear, I definitely need the Santa Hat Macarons now! Loved Andes Mints when I was a kid!

My apologies to abent and dadofnicholas for posting their well wishes here late. They are on their second day of what is to be sure a fabulous holiday trip. Work got ahead of me.

Hope your days are flled with Disney Holiday Magic and beautiful memories.

DLmama, ChrissyLou, & winklet are starting their DLR Holday trips today.

Safe travels to each one of youu and may everyday of your trips be filled with lots of laughter, smiles and Disney holiday wonder.

I'm going next week (in park tu/w) and just scrambled to book everything. Planning to tell the kids the morning we wake up to go to the airport :) The weather looks amazing (coming from the cold wet PNW).

Any tricks for grabbing an early dinner reservation for Goofy's on Monday... Wondering if cancellations are random or upload at a certain time? Or if I would have better luck calling? I see a 5:10 reservation for 3, but we are 3 + highchair. The earliest reservation for 4 is 7:40. Would be a great way to kick of this surprise trip.
Cancellations are random.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter