DDP Snack Offerings

burberryplaid

<font color=darkorange>Addicted to SOARIN's Orange
I finally just got to the e-mail show and wanted to mention the Confirmed Snack List thread on the DDP Board. This is a list which confirms what you can get with a snack credit:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1683477

My understanding is, you can no longer buy a box of doughnuts or a gallon of milk..anything that is meant to feed more than one person, but for the most part, if it is meant for one person, you can get it with your snack credits. This includes dole whips, figaro fries, chocolate covered treats at Goofy's Candy Company, etc.

Just wanted to point that out. I wouldn't want anyone to go in thinking they were only limited to Mickey Bars or popcorn!

Didn't it used to be tied to a dollar amount. Wasn't anything under $4.00 considered a snack.

I am so glad that I am so DONE with that dining plan. It used to be a good value, but now there are so many strings attached, I feel like Pinocchio, before he became a real boy!!

Confession - I didn't have time to listen to the e-mail podcast until today. Whew! Now begging for forgiveness :worship:

The DDP snack credit used to be for items under $4...but that changed as of Jan 1, 2008! :headache:

We had one snack credit left and DH had to go to the Coronado gift shop to pick up the last of our delivered purchases. We waited for over 15 minutes and the CM was still looking for one of the pkgs. Since we hadn't packed yet, DH suggested I head back to the room first. I mentioned to DH to pick up a box of Minnie's cookies for us to take home and use up our snack credit. :goodvibes

DH returned to the room without the cookies. :confused3 The cashier told DH that DDP 2008 was programmed in her computer/register already and there was no way she could allow the cookies as a snack credit anymore - the new DDP was in effect as of midnite. Only single serving items allowed. DH is laid back and really doesn't want to haggle over a few bucks so he just said, "ok." (I guess you can tell I would have pursued it...:rotfl2: )

It was the last day of our first visit to DW. Under the rules posted on DW webiste DDP 2007 would be honored in 2008 if the trip started in 2007. We were staying at CS from Dec 24, checking out on Jan 1.

So I agree with the podcast - Shame on Disney! :guilty:

I hope the Pete doesn't waste any podcast time on doing a DDP segment. Partly because it is so restrictive now and partly because it seems the elements of the DDP are just so variable depending on which Park you are in, which establishment you go to, and even which CM serves you. To do a segment would raise expecations/cause disappointments when Dis'ers show up expecting to be able to split food using one TS credit and then the server says, "No, that's not allowed".

Even with using the snack credits there has been much discussion on whether 4 snack credits = 1 counter credit. The cashier at Main St. Bakery explained this to us, we did it and when we went to MK later in the wk, we did it again. Others on Disboards have claimed that this is ABSOLUTELY NOT POSSIBLE - well one CM explained it and we did it so it must be - this is just an example of the uneven application of DDP. Doesn't make for specific enough info to pass on via podcast. There's already lots of great general DDP info available on threads on the Dining board. IMHO :goodvibes

With the changes to the 2008 DDP, we will not be doing it again next trip. I would have been fine with the other changes if they allowed an appetizer OR dessert but to only have dessert as an option was just too greedy on their part. :snooty:

Okay, if you've read this far...thx a mint for letting me rant :lmao:

cheers,
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter