DDP, bad service, Paying OOP Question....

Stitch65

I want to live in ToonTown!
So, I've read numerous reports about bad service on the DDP....

Is it possible that AFTER you've eaten your meal, change your mind and pay OOP? That way you can control the tip (in some cases maybe no tip?) I realize this may screw up some peoples credits, BUT, do you think it's doable in case you really get horrible service?

:confused3

You "pay" at the end of the meal, whether with DDP credits or with cash/credit card.

Yes, you can decide at the end of the meal to pay OOP. However, being on the plan may influence what you order.

For instance, I normally drink either iced tea or water with meals. If I'm paying OOP a la carte, I'll order water and save the $2. At a buffet, the price doesn't matter, I'll usually have tea. On the plan, I'll probably order tea...since the beverage is included.

I would rarely order both an appetizer and a dessert. However, on the plan I will get a dessert and take it to my room for later.

Another way to deal with the issue of poor service is to complain to the manager of the restaurant OR to write a letter to Guest Relations noting the name of the server, the restaurant, and the date/time.

Personally, I've not experienced bad service. I have experienced servers really running their tails off to keep up with the restaurant volume. However, they remained pleasant and seemed to do their best.

Stitch65 said:

Is it possible that AFTER you've eaten your meal, change your mind and pay OOP? That way you can control the tip (in some cases maybe no tip?) I realize this may screw up some peoples credits, BUT, do you think it's doable in case you really get horrible service?

:confused3

I'd certainly like to do that if I got bad service. But consider.
1. Unless you have an overage of ressies, where are you then going to use the credits?
2. It's already a ton of food without paying OOP for anything. So if you do get another TS meal somewhere, you're likely to leave some counters and/or snacks on the table or have to eat merely to use em up.
3. Paying $100-$200-$300 at some places OOP just to get at the waiter seems like not a very satisfying revenge.

Just some things to consider.

Maybe I'm different. If I had a guaranteed 18% tip coming I'd work extra hard to earn it.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
I'd certainly like to do that if I got bad service. But consider.
1. Unless you have an overage of ressies, where are you then going to use the credits?
2. It's already a ton of food without paying OOP for anything. So if you do get another TS meal somewhere, you're likely to leave some counters and/or snacks on the table or have to eat merely to use em up.
3. Paying $100-$200-$300 at some places OOP just to get at the waiter seems like not a very satisfying revenge.

Just some things to consider.

Maybe I'm different. If I had a guaranteed 18% tip coming I'd work extra hard to earn it.

Good points. Was just a thought! :teeth: If we do happen to get horrible service, I'll keep note of the CM's name and write a pretty letter to the complaint department. Guess I can always talk to a manager too. Hoping I don't have to though! I hate confrontation.... :blush:

I've been keeping very close tabs on this, and I haven't read reports that have led me to believe that is the case. As far as I have seen, Dining Plan participants receive the same quality of service as all other patrons.

Another way to deal with the issue of poor service is to complain to the manager of the restaurant
This is the correct thing to do. Complaining about it after-the-fact doesn't provide the management an opportunity to make things right for you, and that avenue has been pretty badly abused in the past, so much so that many companies treat all such complaints with suspicion, unless they have corroberation from the manager on-site.

Complain to the manager of the restaurant, as you're receiving the bad service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter