DDP and POFQ

DarlingDumbo

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
HAs anyone stayed/eaten at POFQ on the dining plan? How was your experiance? What did you order? TIA!

as you may know, pofq does not have a sit-down/table service restaurant... it only has a food court... over our 11 day stay there last summer/fall, we had opportunity to sample much of the food court offerings, particularly breakfast and were never disappointed... always quite pleased :)

we also took the boat to por and dined at boatwrights and it was one of the best meals of our trip... well worth the travel (and the ride on the boat is lovely too)... we also used that evening as our chance to try the pool at por (permitted hopping! LOL!)

in addition, pofq is quite convenient to dtd via boat which is great for dining choices :)

one last thought... you must try the beignets... they are heavenly (if you like fried dough w/powdered sugar... and i do! LOL!) :flower:

We used our dining plan there. We had the King Creole breakfast for 1 cs and DD and I would share it. It was bacon, eggs, potatoes and a bisquit. She would get a Yahoo chocolate milk and i would drink from my refill mug. (The milk was huge so we put the other half of it in the fridge for at night!) Quite alot of food for the $. Dh would get a huge omlett!

DD was allowed to have a scoop of ice cream for a snack. I had the beigets for a snack, very yummy!!!! We didnt eat any dinner or lunches there as we were in the parks. We did also eat at Boatwrights and it was wonderful!!!!!!!! The prime rib was very tasty and we had great service.

Enjoy POFQ it is a wonderful resort!!!

Haven't stayed there yet, but will in just a couple of months, so I'm glad to hear people had good experiences with the food court and Boatwrights next door.

One question about the beignets--can you use a snack credit for the large order (I think the menu said 3/$1.99 and 6/$3.99)? Gotta maximize those snack credits!

We stayed there last December and ate quite a few meals there. Everything was great. We had the ice cookie sandwiches for dessert one day and they were great. The meals were very good and I think between the 3 of us we tried nearly everyone. Had a breakfast one day and it was great too.

We were staying at OKW but had a car and so we used POFQ counter service quite a bit.

They have a 1/2 chicken (white and dark meat) with your choice of two sides (the mashed potatoes are really good and buttery) and a corn bread biscuit and of course you still get your dessert. If you are looking to share, this is way more than enough for two adults. They also have a chicken and ribs dinner (your choice of white or dark meat with the chicken) that also comes with two sides and a corn bread biscuit.

One thing to note with POFQ is that they do not stock bottled soda in the food court - if you buy a mug and use that during your meal and are looking to take a drink with you for later it will need to be a water, milk, or juice (they have powerade, lemonade, raspberry lemonade, orange juice, apple juice, and a few others).

If you are not buying a refillable mug, and want soda, you get a paper drink cup for the soda fountain as your drink.

We were very happy with the selections there. We had 2 lunches--1 of which was sandwiches we got to go to the airport. 1 breakfast and 1 dinner for DH who went for a run while the rest of us had dinner at Wolfgang PUck Express in DTD. DH really liked teh 1/2 chicken meal. Everyone loved the ice cream desserts. We had begniets almost every day and at that time it was a small order for a snack credit. Nearly everything is freshly made so there can be a short wait for things like pizza, pasta,burgers but it was all fresh and good. In our opinnions it was all much better than All Star Mo and a big part of why we are considering staying at PO-FQ again rather than a Deluxe.

Yvonne

gigi1313 said:
we also took the boat to por and dined at boatwrights and it was one of the best meals of our trip...

That is great to hear. Do you remember what you had? My DH and he was very interested in trying Boatwrights.

I just stayed at POFQ for the first time May 1st for 3 nights with 2 friends. We really enjoyed the resort but only ate 2 breakfasts here and had the begniets one night. I was surprised that I didn't love them as I usually do love that type of fried dough thing. I just kept thinking about how messy they would be for my kids.

I'm returning to POFQ with my DH and 3 children on the free dining package in Aug. Our first time using the dining plan. :banana:

Last Sept we used two (or was it four??) of our CS's to get a pizza to go. If you do room service pizza it wasn't on the DDP. But since POFQ is such a small resort, we didn't care about walking to the food court. We brought the pizza back to our room & it was very, very tasty!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter