DDP and Paddlefish entree restrictions?

Wow this is really crazy to me. The upcharge after to being a 2 credit meal is ridiculous. I was totally excited about this restaurant until I read that. This just makes no sense to me. :confused:
Guests who opt for the DDP pay a lower amount for the plan than those who choose DDxP this explains the difference in relation to Paddlefish's charges. For me the $17.00 upcharge would cover an appetizer at home so doesn't seem like a big deal IF it's a restaurant you really want to eat at. Or look at it like this....it's 1-3/4 hot dogs you wont eat at a QS.

Wow this is really crazy to me. The upcharge after to being a 2 credit meal is ridiculous. I was totally excited about this restaurant until I read that. This just makes no sense to me. :confused:
It actually makes total sense if you’ve read through the thread.
Like an earlier poster stated I would much prefer a surcharge like in this example than to see the food “ dumbed down” to fit the pre negotiated reimbursement.

It actually makes total sense if you’ve read through the thread.
Like an earlier poster stated I would much prefer a surcharge like in this example than to see the food “ dumbed down” to fit the pre negotiated reimbursement.
It really doesn't make sense. If you go to CRT the one price of $72.00 for everything is 2 TS credits. But the 1 entrée here, (no app) that cost $67.00 has a surcharge of $17.00 plus 2 TS credits. If you read through the menu, it is only certain entrées that have the surcharge and it is the ones over a certain amount. As for paying more for the DxDP, that also makes no sense since you are getting a whole other TS credit per day for that extra charge. With a TS credit we know that we are paying roughly $50 per TS credit, if we are effectively paying $100 for that meal to be 1 entrée, 1 dessert and a drink, it should cover basically the same as if we were paying out of pocket. Plus they are getting the $100 per guest for a bunch of meals that cost way less. So how exactly does that make sense?

With a TS credit we know that we are paying roughly $50 per TS credit, if we are effectively paying $100 for that meal to be 1 entrée, 1 dessert and a drink, it should cover basically the same as if we were paying out of pocket. Plus they are getting the $100 per guest for a bunch of meals that cost way less. So how exactly does that make sense?

The cost for the consumer is roughly $45 per credit. We don't know what Disney is reimbursing the restaurant for each credit, but I highly doubt it's anywhere near $45.

The cost for the consumer is roughly $45 per credit. We don't know what Disney is reimbursing the restaurant for each credit, but I highly doubt it's anywhere near $45.
Frankly I think at this point we are just guessing. Even if it's more like $45 (which is what it was before it went up $10 per person this year) we really don't know what they reimburse the restaurant. So no point in speculating. I think it's crazy on top of 2 TS credits and you do not. No problemo.... I won't book there while on the dining plan and you will if you think it's a good deal. As long as we all enjoy Disney that is all that matters. :)

Frankly I think at this point we are just guessing. Even if it's more like $45 (which is what it was before it went up $10 per person this year) we really don't know what they reimburse the restaurant. So no point in speculating. I think it's crazy on top of 2 TS credits and you do not. No problemo.... I won't book there while on the dining plan and you will if you think it's a good deal. As long as we all enjoy Disney that is all that matters. :)

Sorry, but I'm going to defend my math.

If you break down the QSDP first, a QS meal is worth about $21. So when you take the snacks ($5 each) and QS meal off the regular DDP, the TS meal is $44-45.

Sorry, but I'm going to defend my math.

If you break down the QSDP first, a QS meal is worth about $21. So when you take the snacks ($5 each) and QS meal off the regular DDP, the TS meal is $44-45.
Once again you are guessing. A QS is worth about $21 and the snacks are about $5 each so obviously that means the TS is $44 - 45. But you are just guessing at the amounts and starting with the others to get to your numbers. What if the QS is $20 and the snacks are $4 that would mean the TS is $48. Just a guess because I don't know. In the end I think it is a bad deal so I won't be going there, but you don't so you may decide to go.

Once again you are guessing. A QS is worth about $21 and the snacks are about $5 each so obviously that means the TS is $44 - 45. But you are just guessing at the amounts and starting with the others to get to your numbers. What if the QS is $20 and the snacks are $4 that would mean the TS is $48. Just a guess because I don't know. In the end I think it is a bad deal so I won't be going there, but you don't so you may decide to go.

I don't want to eat there, and I'm not guessing.

$5 average for snacks is actually a little low, but even a Mickey Ice Cream bar is $5, so that's where most people looking at the value of a dining plan put the value of a snack credit. When you subtract $10 from the $52.50 of a QSDP and then divide the remaining by two, you get $21.25. That's math, not guessing. Now, do most people spend $21.25 on a QS meal? I doubt it, but that is the relative value of the QS meal when you use a QSDP.

Then you take the $75.49 price of the DDP, subtract the $10 snack and the $21.25 QS meal, and you end up with $43.24 for a TS meal.

I'm not saying that's what people purchase, but it is the relative VALUE of the individual components of a dining plan.

Dining Plan is supposed to make meal planning/paying EASIER.
. . . No.
. . . DDP Is supposed to make money for Disney . . . and it surely does.
. . . Many studies (including by DIS) have shown DDP is a bad financial decision for the guest.

The upcharge after to being a 2 credit meal is ridiculous. I was totally excited about this restaurant until I read that. This just makes no sense to me
. . . But, it makes a lot of sense to Disney.
. . . It is simple to avoid a surcharge, just don't order the most expensive food.

I don't want to eat there, and I'm not guessing.

$5 average for snacks is actually a little low, but even a Mickey Ice Cream bar is $5, so that's where most people looking at the value of a dining plan put the value of a snack credit. When you subtract $10 from the $52.50 of a QSDP and then divide the remaining by two, you get $21.25. That's math, not guessing. Now, do most people spend $21.25 on a QS meal? I doubt it, but that is the relative value of the QS meal when you use a QSDP.

Then you take the $75.49 price of the DDP, subtract the $10 snack and the $21.25 QS meal, and you end up with $43.24 for a TS meal.

I'm not saying that's what people purchase, but it is the relative VALUE of the individual components of a dining plan.
Sorry I didn't realize you worked for Disney and knew exactly how much everything was worth. My mistake.

She is not saying that is what is worth, but that is ultimately what you are paying for each entitlement in the DDP. $5.00 has for years been the amount that has been used to figure snacks. As mentioned above the rest is just basic math to figure out what the value is for each entitlement. Basically what the value shows you is that you would have to spend over that value on each entitlement to make the DP worth while for you to purchase (not lose money) assuming you were paying for the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter