DDP and Paddlefish entree restrictions?

Chickenlady

Mouseketeer
DH and I are getting close to the time for ADRs and we are considering Paddlefish. But at 2 dining credits per person, we are wondering if it is worth it. Some of the entrees look very good and would be worth 2 credits but do they restrict what you can order? For example, can you order any of the Boils? The Alaska Boil or the New England Boil, both of which would be worth 2 credits.

DH and I are getting close to the time for ADRs and we are considering Paddlefish. But at 2 dining credits per person, we are wondering if it is worth it. Some of the entrees look very good and would be worth 2 credits but do they restrict what you can order? For example, can you order any of the Boils? The Alaska Boil or the New England Boil, both of which would be worth 2 credits.

There is a $17 surcharge for both of those boils if using DDP.

When DH and I went to Fulton's (prior to the change to Paddlefish) with the deluxe dining plan in September of 2015, we got the king crab legs with no surcharge and they were wonderful! It was one of our favorite restaurants of the trip that included many signature restaurants. We were so disappointed to see the new menu with all the surcharges that we didn't even include it in our "under consideration" list for our upcoming December trip.

Thanks for the info. Is there anywhere that lists the surcharges, so we can see if anything else is offered with a surcharge? Hate to show up and find out there are surcharges on other things.

Thanks for the info. Is there anywhere that lists the surcharges, so we can see if anything else is offered with a surcharge? Hate to show up and find out there are surcharges on other things.
I believe it’s anything over $75 has a surcharge. So the surcharge is how much the entree cost minus $75.

I much prefer them adding a surcharge to the dining plan than either eliminating dishes altogether or making them unavailable on the plan. We do the deluxe plan, so using two credit on a meal is not that big a deal for us, and we are really looking forward to trying Paddlefish.

I actually had a very different experience at Fultons. My son and I ordered a entree for two that included both snow crab and king crab. The portion size was very small for two, and the crab came out cold. This was a two credit restaurant as well, so we used 4 credits for a very disappointing meal.

Wait..... they charge 2 TS credits PLUS a $17 surcharge?

1) DDP has a set limit on reimbursement for the eatery.
2) October is renewal contract date for Disney-owned eateries, and December for non-Disney-owned.
3) The reimbursement does not change throughout the year.
4) So, eateries have to fit the food to the DDP or charge extra.
5) If the food is too expensive for the DDP reimbursement, you must pay an upcharge/surcharge.
6) This has been in effect at certain eateries at WDW for years.
7) ONLY FAIR TO THE EATERY.

NOTE: Many folks mistakenly believe that DDP (one or two coupons) will cover food anywhere. It does not, and was not designed to do so. It is strictly a MAJOR money maker for WDW, and in most cases is a poor choice (financially speaking) for guests. In fact, during "Free Dining" many people have found DDP to be a bad deal, and go with a discounted room instead of "free" DDP and a non-discounted room.

I found this one on allearsnet.com. They try to keep up to date, but no guarantees. I guess if you see something on a menu before you go, just come here and ask. I'm sure someone will have some experience to help out.

I believe it’s anything over $75 has a surcharge. So the surcharge is how much the entree cost minus $75.

I don't think there is a monetary amount you can even begin to use. The boils at Paddlefish are both under $75.

I don't think there is a monetary amount you can even begin to use.

1) Absolutely correct.
2) As a customer, you have no idea of the material (ingredients) cost, the labor, and the overhead.
3) Each eatery has to determine this for themselves.

i was in Disney this past September for 14 days, on DxDP, we ate at the Paddlefish 6 times, lol. We loved it, big menu and for the DxDP, there are no restrictions for DxDP, we actually ordered the appetizer for 4 ($70) as our individual appetizers.... it was huge and overkill but we mananged it, lol. I absolutely loved the blue crab fries. We loved the Boil, we picked 2, either double king crab or king crab and a whole lobster. delicious

Wait..... they charge 2 TS credits PLUS a $17 surcharge? :scared1:
Ouch, that's not good news for my planning. We were looking forward to Paddlefish but ... researching all the surcharges on a 2 credit restaurant makes it way less appealing. Dining Plan is supposed to make meal planning/paying EASIER.

The only thing it does s prepay your food with many restrictions. It works for some, not me

I like appies, rarely order dessert. So oop works for me

That surcharge on top of two credits is nuts.

As to dxdp, the server must have been in heaven w inflated tabs

There is a $17 surcharge for both of those boils if using DDP.
NOT on DxDP
Wow, the tip on that meal would have been huge!! :eek:
Allears restaurant menu does show the DDP upcharge.
there were 5 of us, the bill was $750 and yes a nice tip too. We had the free regular dining plan from bounceback 2016 and we upgraded to DxDP so the cost really wasn't insane, we ate Signature almost nightly and sit down breakfast daily or skipped breakfast and did a very very early sit down lunch. absolutely loved it, booked free dining for next September and upgraded to DxDP again.

Wow this is really crazy to me. The upcharge after to being a 2 credit meal is ridiculous. I was totally excited about this restaurant until I read that. This just makes no sense to me. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter