DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Great news that she is getting better

::yes::

Snow is cool as long as I don't have to drive in it or shovel it. The leaves changing is a great show.

Yeah, that is something to see. Did a cross country in the fall one year. I kept going "Wow!" for hours.

Thanks. It's still a Bill. They killed the last one, so there's still hope. This one also took away the health insurance for currently retired teachers (they get Medicare at 65).

Man. You'd hope there'd be enough push back to kill that.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. To carry over a little from FB, Everyone in the La Cava Del Tequila for Margaritas. Last one standing gets to take home the US Womens' Ice Hockey Team. Because 5 on 1 is a hell of a power play. And let me tell ya, if you don't walk out of the bar with a salty rim, you haven't had the proper experience.

May all of your Fridays be a Fully loaded Nachos serving. With bonus Guacamole.
Have a good one chaps.

(hat tip to Darcy & Jeff)

Last edited:
Dan may have called it but it is still morning here.

That being said I think all of Canada is about to go into a major funk. Germany is leading Canada 4-1 late in the second period of the men's hockey semi-final. While we are having great results overall, people will go nuts if there are no men's hockey medals on top of no curling medals.

:rotfl2:

Morning folks,
Last one standing gets to take home the US Womens' Ice Hockey Team. Because 5 on 1 is a hell of a power play. And let me tell ya, if you don't walk out of the bar with a salty rim, you haven't had the proper experience.

That sounds just wayyyy too intimidating!

That being said I think all of Canada is about to go into a major funk. Germany is leading Canada 4-1 late in the second period of the men's hockey semi-final.

:sad2:

While we are having great results overall, people will go nuts if there are no men's hockey medals on top of no curling medals.

No kidding. Our best Olympics ever and... no one will remember that. Just the curling and hockey.

Morning Fella's! :wave:

Thanks for calling it Dan, but I still have 2 more hours left. Than I take Queen Jodi to Paris. I will get on here when I can so be good, I may not be around to watch out for you, otherwise have a Great Week! Oh yeah, FYI, I was Rob was posting on Facebook, so he is alive.

Happy Friday guys. No plans for the weekend, may just do some stuff around the house.

I like having the variety of all 4 seasons. But I would be fine if winter was at least a month shorter. Then it would be ending...oh, about now.

I enjoy it when I am on a winter trip knowing I am leaving in a little while.

That cross country race was the first time I've ever been excited watching a cross country race. Announcers were going nuts, which was half the fun.

One of the best moments for the US in these games. Gutsy effort to take the gold.

Don't think so. Doing the Cruise at the end of November with some of the other Dads, so I'm not planning on going down for DDCC as well. If I do end up going it'll be a last minute thing, so I'm prob not going to book the full or half beforehand.

Though I've said similar things before, and still gone and run, so we will see...

Wish I was going on the cruise, going to be fun. The kid will be disappointed that you are not showing up. I'll wager you still end up there.

Nope. Teacher's Union is fighting the legislation. It's just sad this is the Great plan our elected leaders come up with. If it's a money issue, they could legalize cannabis and tax it. Not sure if i support that plan either, but one that explicitly takes money away is not a good solution.

Plus, none of them are going to touch their retirement benefits.

Yeah, that is something to see. Did a cross country in the fall one year. I kept going "Wow!" for hours.

When I lived in NY, drove through Connecticut for a long weekend and it was beautiful. Some of the best pictures I ever took were on that trip. Mother nature at her finest.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it.

OK, I'm out.

That being said I think all of Canada is about to go into a major funk. Germany is leading Canada 4-1 late in the second period of the men's hockey semi-final. While we are having great results overall, people will go nuts if there are no men's hockey medals on top of no curling medals.

Don't you still have the bronze match for curling? And it is now 4-2 in hockey. Buck up, Canada is having a good games, better than us.

It's all over now, but the crying. Well, perhaps there will be a bronze for our men's hockey team?

No kidding. Our best Olympics ever and... no one will remember that. Just the curling and hockey.
A very good point. We shouldn't get too down.

Don't you still have the bronze match for curling?
Nope, they lost that overnight :(

Thanks for calling it Dan, but I still have 2 more hours left. Than I take Queen Jodi to Paris. I will get on here when I can so be good, I may not be around to watch out for you, otherwise have a Great Week! Oh yeah, FYI, I was Rob was posting on Facebook, so he is alive.

Have a great trip!

Don't you still have the bronze match for curling? And it is now 4-2 in hockey. Buck up, Canada is having a good games, better than us.

Lost the bronze in curling and lost 4-3 in hockey. Will be playing the Czechs for the bronze.

Cj, now of any good ticket resellers for Heat games? We have used Stub Hub for games in the past and the last Heat game we went to we got tickets at the hotel.

Enjoy Paris and DLP mate. Safe travels

Have fun, looking forward to seeing pictures.

Cj, now of any good ticket resellers for Heat games? We have used Stub Hub for games in the past and the last Heat game we went to we got tickets at the hotel.

I just use Stub Hub.

Wish I was going on the cruise, going to be fun. The kid will be disappointed that you are not showing up. I'll wager you still end up there.

It's not a bad bet... For some reason I like hanging out with you guys...

Hey, Paul, Scott could use a roommate...:rolleyes1
I'll prob stay in the Castle in that suite thing if I do come down...

Seriously though, you have fun in Paris. And give your (MUCH) better half my love, and my happy birthday wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!