• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

IMG_0191.jpg
I keep looking for this, but I'm not able to find it...

I read an article once about how the tinkerbell that flies from the castle during fireworks is an older man.
Does anyone know (or have bookmarked) this article?

I was telling someone about reading it, but I can't locate it to send to them.

Thanks!

When dd worked there in 2013, magic kingdom ODF garage and break area was next to tinks landing zone. The black runway looking thing on the roof.
Yup, she said hello to a few different tinks. In her nine months there, she seen two different men and a few different females. It all has to do with weight. To fat, you come in too hot. Not fat enough, you get stuck on the line and have to pull yourself in. You step on a scale before your shift starts.

When dd worked there in 2013, magic kingdom ODF garage and break area was next to tinks landing zone. The black runway looking thing on the roof.
Yup, she said hello to a few different tinks. In her nine months there, she seen two different men and a few different females. It all has to do with weight. To fat, you come in too hot. Not fat enough, you get stuck on the line and have to pull yourself in. You step on a scale before your shift starts.

Not that's a bit of interesting trivia.

Welcome back Dave!

School shooting in Ky - 2 dead and several injured. Remember that boy who asked my daughter to the dance? He went to that school. He was not shot and is just fine. It just hit a lot closer to home. Prayers for those involved in the shooting,

Why are we not living somewhere warm???

So far today I have had two cancelled flights and 2 other changes. I am now rebooked for 5:45 tomorrow morning and I should land in Ottawa about 30 minutes before the start of the opening keynote. I need a drink!

If you move to Florida, let me know how so I can move somewhere warm as well.

:wave: Dave. I am in the fat enough category, but hope to lose enough wait to go zip lining one day. It would be fun to fly from Cinderella's Castle, but I'll only be able to dream of that one.

School shooting in Ky - 2 dead and several injured. Remember that boy who asked my daughter to the dance? He went to that school. He was not shot and is just fine. It just hit a lot closer to home. Prayers for those involved in the shooting,

Oh, man. :(
There's been way too much of this.

If you move to Florida, let me know how so I can move somewhere warm as well.

Oh, that's easy. Just call a moving company and they'll take care of it for ya.

Oh, man. :(
There's been way too much of this.

Glad the boy is OK. The sad thing is it will be on the national news today and forgotten tomorrow. I agree, there are way too many of these happening and it is becoming normal. It isn't normal.

Morning boys from a blustery London. 10k in under a hour. That'll do.

While Jeff was giving it the big one about rescuing a cat, he failed to mention that she was in the shelter in the first place because she's a nasty drunk when she hits the hooch, and she was eyeing up his drink.
School shooting in Ky - 2 dead and several injured.
Horrible.

View attachment 297530

Thank you, sir.

Morning, gents.
Busy yesterday. Busy today.
Tomorrow back to work. I can use the rest.

Morning boys from a blustery London. 10k in under a hour. That'll do.

Pffft. I can drive that in less than half the time.

Seriously, good for you.

Morning Gents.

My morning flight made it out but apparently school has been cancelled again. The main roads seemed to be good but the others are not and there was some flooding issues to deal with. I landed in Ottawa as the conference was starting but by the time I go to the hotel in Gatineau the opening keynote was done and the first session had started. The cab ride took longer than the flight from Montreal. So now I set and wait for the next session. IF my room was ready I could have had a nap or something.

I was wondering if that was close to you. Glad that you are all safe and sound.

Cute kitten. I hope she gets used to the ice in your glass. ;)
But does kitty like whiskey?
This is me fending her off from my rum & coke on Sunday night during the game. She packs a mean punch. I should give her a glass of ice cubes some day to see what she does.
IMG_0405.JPG

That looks like a calico. Cute!
Thanks. She's certainly mostly calico, from the little I know. The little bit of orange tabby markings between her eyes make me think she might be a tortoiseshell, but your pictures tell me otherwise.

Can you train her to shovel snow?
I wish. Although she would probably do better than my almost-18 year old. :sad2:

If you had hung out with us on Sunday night you would know.
:teeth: Facebook does have it's place, now and then.

While Jeff was giving it the big one about rescuing a cat, he failed to mention that she was in the shelter in the first place because she's a nasty drunk when she hits the hooch, and she was eyeing up his drink.
That's it, you've caught me. I actually picked her up from the drunk tank. They found her stumbling around with that rascal O'Malley the alley cat.

I did think of you when I read the story. Just sad. I really have no other words.

My morning flight made it out but apparently school has been cancelled again. The main roads seemed to be good but the others are not and there was some flooding issues to deal with. I landed in Ottawa as the conference was starting but by the time I go to the hotel in Gatineau the opening keynote was done and the first session had started. The cab ride took longer than the flight from Montreal. So now I set and wait for the next session. IF my room was ready I could have had a nap or something.
No fun. I've been stuck in various places over the years while travelling. It's exhausting. I hope you get settled soon.

Morning Gents.

Tough sledding. Hope you get some rest tonight. How long you there for?

This is me fending her off from my rum & coke on Sunday night during the game. She packs a mean punch. I should give her a glass of ice cubes some day to see what she does.
View attachment 297661

:laughing:

That's it, you've caught me. I actually picked her up from the drunk tank.
I would pay good money to see a drunk tank full of cats. That, my friend, is the definition of entertainment.
IF my room was ready I could have had a nap or something
I'm not gonna ask what the "or something" is. Hope your conference gets better mate.
Not through the middle of London.

Happy half-way day.

Another reason I wish I was there for the fun.

Seriously, good for you.

I can beat that. And yes, good job Dan.

Tough slog. Hope you get to enjoy some fun time while you are there.

Yea, you got to watch those rummies. Looks like she settled in nicely.

If you had hung out with us on Sunday night you would know.

Sorry, inside joke as Darcy said.

Cool stuff. Thanks, Dave!

Man, that's horrible. Even one of these events is too much. It has to stop, somehow.

img_0405-jpg.297661

Cute photo. I bet she'd have a lot of fun with ice cubes.

Good to here from ya Dave. Trust the family is doing good. Read in a book about Walt or the parks (read several) that at DL after the first time Tink flew they realized they needed to stop the person better so for a few years a couple of strong cast members with mattresses caught Tink.
As a few have already listed, way too many of things happening. Home DDs are handling o.k. with there being a bit of a connection there.

Good to here from ya Dave. Trust the family is doing good. Read in a book about Walt or the parks (read several) that at DL after the first time Tink flew they realized they needed to stop the person better so for a few years a couple of strong cast members with mattresses caught Tink.

As a few have already listed, way too many of things happening. Home DDs are handling o.k. with there being a bit of a connection there.
Hi Mike, and everyone. Sorry, don't know some of you, I don't get over here to much and kinda lost touch here on the Dis boards. I stopped in to talk to a friend on another thread and when I sign up on the dis, the dads page comes up. Good to see you guys.
We are all doing fine. Heading down in 37 more days. Stopping in Bradenton fl.to visit the in-laws for a few days and then off to the Poly. for our 33rd wedding anniversary.
Plans are well on there way for our annual two week vacation at the Boardwalk, hurricane or no hurricane.
Last few years, it's just been the two of us going. dd goes down once a year to meet up with her college program friends. She has more fun with them alway. Lol
I was just doing our adrs for September and geez, I have to make 21 of them.Every year the list keeps getting longer and longer of must does. ( Not one at CrackerBarrel) lol
Work has been crazy for all three of us. DD is working for a medical company and is doing well. There has been hints of an engagement being tossed around...... He graduates in May from Penn state and has started looking for a job. He is a pharmaceutical engineer. I ask him what is that, a drug dealer? Lol He designs pill bottles. Lol
He's a good kid, I have no idea how he puts up with her crap but he does.
Anyway, hope all you guys are doing well. I didn't get past the end of the last page. Lol
Have fun !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter