DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I've heard of coffzzee. Isn't that decaf?

I heard there were some football games played yesterday? I was at work during most of them. Then home and busy and forgot to set the PVR for the Vikings/Eagles game.
All of a sudden, I thought "Oh! Crap! I'm not taping the game!" I turned on the channel.... 31-7... and turned it off. I didn't really see a need to tape it at that point.

Anyway... Happy Monday all.
I'm possibly the only person here who's glad it's Monday. After working 14 days in a row, 2 days off, then 11 days (did have one day off in the middle of that somewhere....).... I'm looking forward to two days off. Which are full of appointments and catching up on house work of course .
Possibly - yes
Actually - no

I'm glad because DD went back to school today. They closed school for three days last week. The first day, it was just snow...not even any real possibility of ice since it was so cold. Next day, yeah, some ice possible because it had melted and then gotten cold again. The third day, I went out and aside from the once in a blue moon piece of ice that was maybe 2 sq ft max and not in a place where it would affect driving, absolutely no reason to have closed school that day. That's one of the things I don't like about the Atlanta area...the slightest hint of snow or ice and panic sets in almost immediately. :sad2:

Possibly - yes
Actually - no

I'm glad because DD went back to school today. They closed school for three days last week. The first day, it was just snow...not even any real possibility of ice since it was so cold. Next day, yeah, some ice possible because it had melted and then gotten cold again. The third day, I went out and aside from the once in a blue moon piece of ice that was maybe 2 sq ft max and not in a place where it would affect driving, absolutely no reason to have closed school that day. That's one of the things I don't like about the Atlanta area...the slightest hint of snow or ice and panic sets in almost immediately. :sad2:
It's such a far cry from up here.
Of course we have snow, so we don't close the schools for 4-5 months. We're obviously better equipped to handle it. Our annual snow clearing budget is about $34 million. And we're not a big city. Calgary budgets $38 million. Montreal is $158 million. Toronto doesn't have one, they just call in the army. ( :lmao:.... sorry. Inside joke.)
They don't typically close schools for snow. Although they might cancel school bus service if the roads are blocked. That would usually only be a day. Maybe in a massive blizzard, two days, although I've not seen that happen I don't believe.

morning boys

i

need

coffff.............zzzzzzzzz

How's Coronation Street this morning?

Decaf would not work for me this morning.

So, pulled the final trigger on the first DVC summer trip, so we are hitting Kidani (with a little car), then off to Vero, then the Poly for a week. All booked and done.

After a couple of interesting calls from people I've worked with before starting to put the bones on potentially setting up for myself, and consulting. I might have a couple of reasonable fish on the hook, so I'll see how this pans out over the next couple of weeks. A little bit nervous, but it could solve all our logistics problems.

Had fun last night virtually watching the game with Mark and Darcy.

Have a great day chaps.

It was more fun watching that game and being part of the witty repartee.

Good luck on the consulting gig, hope it all works out.

How's Coronation Street this morning?
Apparently Sharon is pregnant and big Dave's twin brother is the Dad, but they can't tell big Dave as he's on parole for robbing the corner shop, and he's just gonna go ballistic, especially with little Dave taking his first steps into small time theft to fund his meth addiction and a baby on the way with young Sally, who's just been sacked from the factory by Mr Onodopolis who is actually her father, as he got hold of Big Sally 18 years ago at the christmas do. So it was a bit of a quiet episode to be honest. 3 Stars.

Morning all. Back to 10 hour days and the 144 daily campus commute this week. I'm ready for another snowpocalyse closure.

I don't stay up for regular season Sunday night games. Past my bedtime. I imagine Mark is still singing today.

So, pulled the final trigger on the first DVC summer trip, so we are hitting Kidani (with a little car), then off to Vero, then the Poly for a week. All booked and done.

Congrats. 2018 set other than FP, and DW has moved into planning 2019. She is looking at cruises - Carnival, because it is the cheapest.

We can drive to Mobile, AL port in about 8 hours, which would save $ on flights. However, if we went out of Port Canavaral, we could add on WDW days with DVC and fly. However, our local airport only flies Monday and Friday to Orlando, and we go to Mass on Sundays, and are being limited by availability alongside affordability. Planning the vacation though is still a lot of fun.

Possibly - yes
Actually - no

Same here. Before the snowpacalypse this year, we had a small amount of snow that one day and no school system cancelled. However, a bus in a neighboring county slid off the roads. No one was hurt and I'm not sure there was even enough snow that it caused thr accident. However, all the surrounding systems will be closed the rest of this year with the slightest amount of snow because of it.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Spygate, favorable calls, deflategate, injury reporting BS and all the rest, just have to tip your hat to them as the other stuff might get a team a game here or a game there, a break here or there but not the consistent long term championship level the Patriots are at - we will not see another run like this in our liftimes. It's like Jordan's Bulls of the 90's, they got all the calls and Jordan always traveled..... good teams do get the benefit a lot but they also make a lot of those breaks.
Same here. Going to miss at least part of the second game because I'm taking the birthday girl for dinner. The things we do for our children.
Trust the two of you had a nice dinner and quality time.
Just give her your credit card and send her on her way......or do Jim and Paul still have your credit card? ;)
:rotfl2: I remember that story :rotfl2:
Well, I know who I will be rooting for in the Super Bowl.
The Pats?
After a couple of interesting calls from people I've worked with before starting to put the bones on potentially setting up for myself, and consulting. I might have a couple of reasonable fish on the hook, so I'll see how this pans out over the next couple of weeks. A little bit nervous, but it could solve all our logistics problems.
Best of luck that it works out for you and the family.

Looks like the Eagles are a half away to be the team that loses to the Patriots in next Superbowl. :lmao:

Hey, let me enjoy this for 24 hours at least.:rotfl2:

Well, I know who I will be rooting for in the Super Bowl.

Welcome aboard, CJ!

I've heard of coffzzee. Isn't that decaf?

Decaf? What's the point of that?

I'm possibly the only person here who's glad it's Monday.

As Mondays go, this has been a pretty good one.

Decaf would not work for me this morning.

I can't imagine. One foot in front of the other, buddy.

Good luck! Glad to see you have another trip booked as well.

That was fun. That's one of the positives of social media--it can become a virtual sports bar. The live commentary was fun.

That's one of the things I don't like about the Atlanta area...the slightest hint of snow or ice and panic sets in almost immediately. :sad2:

It's such a far cry from up here.
Of course we have snow, so we don't close the schools for 4-5 months. We're obviously better equipped to handle it. Our annual snow clearing budget is about $34 million. And we're not a big city. Calgary budgets $38 million. Montreal is $158 million. Toronto doesn't have one, they just call in the army. ( :lmao:.... sorry. Inside joke.)
They don't typically close schools for snow. Although they might cancel school bus service if the roads are blocked. That would usually only be a day. Maybe in a massive blizzard, two days, although I've not seen that happen I don't believe.

It's all about the budgets. I'm sure the people of Atlanta would be screaming if millions were spent on snowplows that got used once a year.

I imagine Mark is still singing today.

Wearing my Eagles gear proudly around the office today. I don't get the chance to do this often, so I have to take advantage when I can.

It's all about the budgets. I'm sure the people of Atlanta would be screaming if millions were spent on snowplows that got used once a year.
I agree.

What I don't agree with is canceling school when the roads are 99.9% (if not more) clear (3rd day) and when it's just snow and not any ice (1st day). I realize many folks can't figure out it's a simple matter of driving slower on snow, but cancel school???? Oy vey.

Wearing my Eagles gear proudly around the office today. I don't get the chance to do this often, so I have to take advantage when I can.
I'm happy for you and although I'm not an Eagles fan, per se, I will be rooting for them as well.
:thumbsup2:

Hey, let me enjoy this for 24 hours at least.:rotfl2:

:lmao:

You're asking me? I don't drink coffee. Decaf or high test.

As Mondays go, this has been a pretty good one.

Okay. That's 3 out of.... what's the population of the planet?

Correct.
It'd be like us spending millions on volcano preparedness.
Nearest one is what.... Wyoming? (Thinking Yellowstone here.)

What I don't agree with is canceling school when the roads are 99.9% (if not more) clear (3rd day) and when it's just snow and not any ice (1st day). I realize many folks can't figure out it's a simple matter of driving slower on snow, but cancel school???? Oy vey.

:laughing: Spoken like a true parent who just wants to be left alone!

I agree.

I was watching a Cruise Vlog last week and it was made by a guy in Atlanta. They left for Miami the day after one of your December snow storms and it looked like it snowed about 4 to 6 inches of light, fluffy stuff. He was cleaning the snow off his car with a spatula. Had a good laugh at that one.

I was watching a Cruise Vlog last week and it was made by a guy in Atlanta. They left for Miami the day after one of your December snow storms and it looked like it snowed about 4 to 6 inches of light, fluffy stuff. He was cleaning the snow off his car with a spatula. Had a good laugh at that one.
I think that is one of the fundamental problems...we don't get it often and people don't consider to prepare for the few times we do. I have a brush/broom with a 6 ft handle (for getting the top of the van and SUV) and the normal scraper/brush combo with maybe a 1-2 ft handle. I also have snow/ice melter for my steps and walkway. Is it a place that needs a snow blower? No. It does require basic preparedness, though. The worst part is the people who don't even consider cleaning their car off and then being behind them.

I laugh AND cry when I see some of the idiocy.

Hopefully, we'll be moving to FL soon and I can say goodbye to the nasty white stuff (except the once every 3-4 decades). I think the last snow I recall in FL was in the 80s.

If they were playing the Pats.

Covfefe?

I'm possibly the only person here who's glad it's Monday. After working 14 days in a row, 2 days off, then 11 days (did have one day off in the middle of that somewhere....).... I'm looking forward to two days off. Which are full of appointments and catching up on house work of course .

Enjoy the days off.

Well done sir. So you decided to go the AKV route. The kids are going to love it.

That is what I did the last few years. It was a point where my expenses were low and if work didn't come in, the bills were going to be paid. Coming in as a "hired gun," has its challenges but logistically, it works out well. Over here we have to cover our own health insurance and that can be expensive.

Saw the posts after the fact. Wish I was here so I could participate, it sounded fun.

Congrats. 2018 set other than FP, and DW has moved into planning 2019. She is looking at cruises - Carnival, because it is the cheapest.

We can drive to Mobile, AL port in about 8 hours, which would save $ on flights. However, if we went out of Port Canavaral, we could add on WDW days with DVC and fly. However, our local airport only flies Monday and Friday to Orlando, and we go to Mass on Sundays, and are being limited by availability alongside affordability. Planning the vacation though is still a lot of fun.

I say you can't lose either way.

Trust the two of you had a nice dinner and quality time.

We really did. Good food, good conversation and as a bonus, I was able to follow the score on the bar's TV.

:rotfl2: I remember that story :rotfl2:

You have to keep an eye out for those bums in Beantown.

The Pats?

Bite your tongue. Tired of the Phats. The only thing that kept me for rooting against Alabama in the championship game was they played Georgia.

That was fun. That's one of the positives of social media--it can become a virtual sports bar. The live commentary was fun.

Sorry I missed it. Imagine it was a fun night at the Oblivious house.

One more, just one more.

Hopefully, we'll be moving to FL soon and I can say goodbye to the nasty white stuff (except the once every 3-4 decades). I think the last snow I recall in FL was in the 80s.

In Miami is was January 19, 1977. There are rare snows in the panhandle and N. Florida.

Cheers for the good vibes all......

That is what I did the last few years. It was a point where my expenses were low and if work didn't come in, the bills were going to be paid. Coming in as a "hired gun," has its challenges but logistically, it works out well. Over here we have to cover our own health insurance and that can be expensive.
luckily that's not an issue, as I've paid enough into the government plan. I'm looking at doing this for 3 years, and then flipping houses for 10 to retire on at about 55/56. I hope. That will let Lady K dominate the world and pay the bills. Whadya have at the factory? I love their Buffalo wings. And their Gumbo is pretty good.
About the same amount as alcohol free beer.
Well done sir. So you decided to go the AKV route. The kids are going to love it.
It was a bit of both mate, 7 month window wasn't huge, it came down to AK or BW or OKW. It looks fun, and I've started to put the bits and pieces together so Boma breakfast day 1 (when the kids will be up stoopid early) Pandora at night, bits like that. James C is out there the same time in Kidani, so that could be fun.
Saw the posts after the fact. Wish I was here so I could participate, it sounded fun.
I'm sure we will all be about for the SB.....we missed Jeff and his cat off that list as well.
I was watching a Cruise Vlog last week and it was made by a guy in Atlanta
How long have you got to go? 2 weeks?
Welcome aboard, CJ!
I'll warn you CJ, he gets a bit fickle in the early stages. He needs more belief ;)
Wearing my Eagles gear proudly around the office today
Are there many Pats or Vikings fans in the office?

Have a good evening chaps, now scouting Youtube for ADR inspiration for August. Feel free to pitch in with your favourites. Art Smiths Homecomin' and the Cali Grill Sunday Brunch are locks. Anyone know any local non-Disney at Vero Beach we can hit for Dinner?

Glad to hear it went that well. Good luck.

I say you can't lose either way.

True. I'm doing the liquor package and will get my money worth. Not sure how my dds will do on a cruise. Probably just over planning it.

Cheers for the good vibes all......

Have a good evening chaps, now scouting Youtube for ADR inspiration for August. Feel free to pitch in with your favourites. Art Smiths Homecomin' and the Cali Grill Sunday Brunch are locks. Anyone know any local non-Disney at Vero Beach we can hit for Dinner?

Not sure why you wouldn't want to eat at VBR. We've had apps, pizza, and drinks from Green Cabin Room as the view is amazing. I could stay there all day is they offered a liquor package. They also have two other restaurants which were very enjoyable.

Out of the Disney bubble, I had a Florida lobster at Ocean Grill. It was really good. The family enjoyed the meal. There is also a pizza place in nearby walking distance, but don't remember the name.

Morning boys from a wet London. In the coffee shop just working up the get together to get running this morning.

Not sure why you wouldn't want to eat at VBR. We've had apps, pizza, and drinks from Green Cabin Room as the view is amazing. I could stay there all day is they offered a liquor package. They also have two other restaurants which were very enjoyable.
We will at VB for one, maybe 2 nights. On the third night we wanted to go out exploring. Cheers mate, good tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter