DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I was in the military and I'm an IT guy...I have heard a lot of acronyms, but either I'd never heard that one or senility is setting in. :lmao:
Probably the latter.

Don't feel bad... we're all heading that way.
Just ask SWMBO.

Morning Guys.

All the rain on Friday has taken away the majority of our snow but the cold quickly returned, -20C this morning.

DS had his first solo drive yesterday as he went to pick up his girlfriend. He had to use DW's car as mine was still parked at the rental car place, she wasn't exactly pleased. :rotfl2:

Countdown is on, 48 days until we are on board the Carnival Vista!

All the rain on Friday has taken away the majority of our snow but the cold quickly returned, -20C this morning.

Uh.... are your roads skating rinks?

DS had his first solo drive yesterday as he went to pick up his girlfriend. He had to use DW's car as mine was still parked at the rental car place, she wasn't exactly pleased.

:laughing: Nice move leaving yours out of harm's reach!

So when does a countdown start? I'm at 87.

Morning all. I now officially have a 16 year old. I said Happy Birthday and then said let's go get your permit. She got excited until she remembered it is MLK holiday and government offices are closed.

Don't think I have ever witnessed a worse missed tackle.

I could have made the same play, and they could have paid me 1/4 of his salary.

Morning gents. I managed to catch the last 3 minutes or so of the Vikings game. Whoa. Missed the part where they had to drag the poor losers out by their hair for the convert.

And why? The game was over. Celebration started. Just be done with it. Yet another example of the NFL making sports not fun. And, they had to review the last play/ scoring touchdown? A joke.

Agreed. I didn't put that in my post, but absolutely why I don't care for AKL. We stayed there last year and seeing the animals was cool and the grandson loved it, but the bus service was horrendous. I haven't stayed at BWV yet, but of all the places we've stayed, WLV is the best.
in. :lmao:

One year, we did a short AK trip. We stayed at AK Kidani, made ADRs at Boma, Jiko, Sanaa for dinner each night other than AK Park. Might have done MK that trip. It was fun. I agree though - if you are there for a longer trip, it doesn't make sense that a deluxe resort wouldn't have a 2nd mode of transportation. I thought a ski lift type transport from AKL to AK would be a nice touch.

Ours are. It's reached a high of 20 each day, so the snow won't melt and we don't have equipment/ personnel for removal. Supposed to get more snow today. Still can't convince DW to move to Florida.

:laughing: Nice move leaving yours out of harm's reach!

So when does a countdown start? I'm at 87.

The roads were terrible on Saturday night. That is why we ended up in a hotel on the way home from the basketball tournament. A brief slide all over the highway at 100 kph was enough to convince me and an accident by one of the other parents was enough to convince everyone else.

Actually you can start the countdown whenever you feel like it.

Morning all. I now officially have a 16 year old. I said Happy Birthday and then said let's go get your permit. She got excited until she remembered it is MLK holiday and government offices are closed.

Happy birthday to your DD and good luck with the driving.

Morning all. I now officially have a 16 year old. I said Happy Birthday and then said let's go get your permit.

Happy Birthday to your DD!

She got excited until she remembered it is MLK holiday and government offices are closed.

:lmao:
That's just mean! Hillarious... but mean!

And why? The game was over. Celebration started. Just be done with it. Yet another example of the NFL making sports not fun. And, they had to review the last play/ scoring touchdown? A joke.

I'm pretty sure we had a game up here that ended similarly and the refs conferred and just ended the game. I think.

Ours are. It's reached a high of 20 each day, so the snow won't melt and we don't have equipment/ personnel for removal. Supposed to get more snow today. Still can't convince DW to move to Florida.

Send her outside in shorts and flip flops.

The roads were terrible on Saturday night. A brief slide all over the highway at 100 kph was enough to convince me and an accident by one of the other parents was enough to convince everyone else.

I did read that. Scary, dude. Glad everyone's okay.

Actually you can start the countdown whenever you feel like it.

I guess it's when that ticker gets created. :laughing:

Top O the Mornin Dads! Lots of strange stuff with the playoffs yesterday. Just another example of the drop off in quality, especially that missed tackle by the Saints DB on the winning touchdown. Have a good week.
Happy birthday to DD!
We leave from Miami and stop at Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.
If you get time in Grand Cayman hit this place for lunch - been there a couple of times after excursions before getting back on ship
http://www.rackams.com/

Thanks for the birthday wishes for dd. I'll pass them on. Maybe she will say thanks. Maybe she will roll her eyes.

Happy birthday to your DD and good luck with the driving.

Thanks.

Happy Birthday to your DD!

That's just mean! Hillarious... but mean!

Thanks. I also do that on Sundays. I offer to buy her Chick-Fil-A, her favorite, but they are closed.​

Happy birthday to DD!

Thanks.

Morning mate, happy birthday to DD.

Lovely jubbly.

Thanks.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for dd. I'll pass them on. Maybe she will say thanks. Maybe she will roll her eyes.

I'm voting for the latter!
Let's start a poll!

Thanks. I also do that on Sundays. I offer to buy her Chick-Fil-A, her favorite, but they are closed.

:laughing

Did you know that until March of last year (when I heard a radio ad while in California) I thought it was pronounced "Chick Fill Ahh."
I couldn't figure out why. Weird name.

D'oh!

Happy birthday to DD!

Let's start a poll!
Why? What good is a poll when 100% of votes will be for roll the eyes? I mean, she is a teenage girl.

Did you know that until March of last year (when I heard a radio ad while in California) I thought it was pronounced "Chick Fill Ahh."
I couldn't figure out why. Weird name.

D'oh!

It's a play on words with the name

CHICKen Filet = Chik-fil-a

Nothing much going on today except the cable is on the fritz.

Morning Guys.

DS had his first solo drive yesterday as he went to pick up his girlfriend. He had to use DW's car as mine was still parked at the rental car place, she wasn't exactly pleased. :rotfl2:

Smart play on your part.

Happy birthday to your oldest. Good dad move on getting the license today.

One word - Gamblers

The roads were terrible on Saturday night. That is why we ended up in a hotel on the way home from the basketball tournament. A brief slide all over the highway at 100 kph was enough to convince me and an accident by one of the other parents was enough to convince everyone else.

Read that. That is scary stuff. Glad everyone is OK even with the one car damaged.

We leave from Miami and stop at Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Maybe we can get together this time.

Maybe she will say thanks. Maybe she will roll her eyes.

Let's start a poll!

Why? What good is a poll when 100% of votes will be for roll the eyes? I mean, she is a teenage girl.

Yea, that pretty much says it all.

Who are those guys?

Some bums that Adam took their pictures. Heard he turned them into Disney security.

Hello Gents, wow, lots of pages of chatter over the weekend. I spent most of it painting the downstairs bathroom. It wasn't too bad of a job, but harder than I expected since there was barely room to move around in there. It's just a half bath with toilet and sink, so there wasn't even room to get the roller stick in there, had to use the roller by itself, which is not that easy.
Wild temperature swing over the weekend, was around 10C/50F all weekend and most of the snow melted away. Back to -C today of course.

Oldest dd invited to homecoming dance - time for the bourbon.
Ah, and so it begins. My rum consumption has increased significantly in the last couple years.

Woohoo we now have a designated driver!!
Ah, and so it begins. My rum consumption has increased significantly in the last couple years.

My daughter will be joining the ranks in a couple of months as well.

I now officially have a 16 year old. I said Happy Birthday and then said let's go get your permit
Ah, and so it begins. My rum consumption...

Oh heck, by now you get the idea. Let's just say the teenage years of 16 to (in 7 more weeks) 18 have done nothing to keep my hair from going grey.

Don't even get me started on Canadian to American.
Oh right..."to keep my hair from going gray"...

Sitting in a hotel room in beautiful Truro Nova Scotia. (I'm not sure if anyone has ever said that before).
I've come close. I have been sitting in a hotel room in Truro, Nova Scotia. :laughing:

Actually, I don't recall Truro being bad. I just don't recall much of it at all.

Beach club is now out for the DVC trip as it sold out this week, so it's now a toss up between Savannah View at AKL, Boardwalk, or Wilderness Lodge. I would do BLT in a heartbeat, but SWMBO doesn't want to do 2 monorail resorts in the same hit. The definition of a first world issue.
Good lord man, how do you survive with that kind of suffering every day? :rotfl2:

But, I do get the dilemma. Personally, just from looking at it, I've always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge.

Shoveled half the driveway and oldest dd finished the other half.
Child labour (translation...labor). I like it. I've tried it with the 17 year old. Unfortunately it's a bit like trying to watch a koala wrestle with the snow shovel, so I generally just take pity and do it myself.

We made it half way home but decided it was safer off the roads than on them. Things were looking good until the temperature dropped about 12 degrees in a span of a couple of kilometres and all that wet started to freeze. Did some fishtailing at one spot going about 100 kph, luckily Declan and his buddy were sleeping so there wasn't much screaming. Unfortunately one of the other players and his dad did have an accident. Both OK I think but lots of damage. I'm waiting for them to get to the hotel to find out.

The other unfortunate thins was that they lost in the final.
Bad news all around. Hope it all gets better.

Maybe we can get together this time.

We get back to Miami on March 10th and booked the Doubletree Biscayne Bay for the night. We will be around that area all day and maybe a Heat game that night.

I've come close. I have been sitting in a hotel room in Truro, Nova Scotia. :laughing:

Actually, I don't recall Truro being bad. I just don't recall much of it at all.

Rum consumption?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter