• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DC -- is it worth the $219 price??

chip1

Proud Owner of 400 BCV Points!!
I knew it would not be cheap to swim with the dolphins, but $219/person? There are three of us (husband, son (8-1/2), me). I was a little taken back by the price. In your experience, is it that great? What, by the way, is the freshly made meal they serve? Seafood?!!! Are there any ways to get a discount on this? Thanks. Your help is invaluable.

YES YES and YES!

Remember you do get 7 days of FREE admission to Seaworld.
It is a top notch park, you will feel pampered, and feel very RICH!

The food, well they did serve salmon last year when we were there., and it was HUGE portions!

The parking is free that day, you get to keep the snorkel, no equipement rental fee, no extra charge for the avairy, snorkeling is no charge, and that is the most amazing thing out there.

Personally the dolphin swim was a nice part, but the whole park was enchanting...

I thought it was worth every penny! We had to pay for 5 doing the dolphin swim, and 2 non- swims, at least the baby got in free!My husband nearly died when he saw the price (well he never saw what we paid for the disney and Universal tickets LOL),but he thought it was worth it also.

Season passholders get a slight discount depending on your level (platinum, gold, silver), but it's really not that much. Haven't heard of any other discounts.
And yes, it is worth it. Think of it as a ski trip, or something big. My wife and I have been saving up for our ski trip since last year. Most can't believe the price because they are used to paying $50 for a day at the park, and then getting discounts to reduce it even more. It's a once in a lifetime kind of thing, you gotta do it.

I agree with everyone! It really was a once in a lifetime experience, and will be worth every penny. My mother in law went also after we did, and she loved it too. The food is excellent, and the portions are huge. I only wish I could've tried more than one dish!! It all look very delicious. They also provide EVERYTHING for you, right down to the sunscreen and towels. It really is a first class environment. DO IT!!

I also want to add, if you wanted I would even suggest to do it without the dolphin swim... The park is beautiful, and there are a lot of other things to do there.

Your replies have been terrific. We have a lot of thinking to do. It does sound great. If we do not do it in December, there's always our next trip in April!! Again, thanks!

My understanding is no one under 6 (or is it 8) can do this ? I have a 4 year old who swims well, should we just wait until he is older, or is there something he could do to participate ? I have two daughters, 8 and 10 who would love this. We will be planning a trip for next year ? How soon do they fill up ?

Many Thanks

David

Champdds, I believe the age for the dolphin swin is 6. My dd will be 6 in 3 weeks:eek: and I am considering DC for a spring trip. We also have a 4YO son, and my plan was for DD and I to do the dolphin swim, and DS and DH to do the other activities while we are in the dolphin area. It really sounds like a wonderful day, at least for this animal-loving family.

I am also interested in how soon they fill up, anyone have any experience with that? Thanks.

This thread is a couple of weeks old, but I'd thought I'd add my 2 cents. We went to DC July of this year. We belong to AAA, and although I couldn't get a discount at my local office, they told me that I could get them through AAA South. I saved $125.00 on admission for myself, husband, daughter (15), and son (11). The two kids did the dolphin swim, my husband and I did not. It was worth every penny! The meals were excellent, you got your pick of main entrees from burgers to chicken, steak, and fish.
Halfway through our day, my daughter thanked us and said it was the best day of her life. Even my husband, who was not too thrilled with the idea of the cost of the whole thing, ended up having just as much fun as the kids. We had to force him out of the water !
Anyway, if you don't belong to AAA, the money you would save on admission would pay for your annual fee, so it might be worth looking into. Our annual fee is $60 for myself and husband, but you could get a single membership for I think about $50. Just something to think about.
You should definitely do it. You won't regret it.

Sheri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter