Days Inn Maingate...how long to Disney?

krhm

Earning My Ears
I would really appreciate it if someone who stayed at the Days Inn Maingate East could tell us how long it took to get from the hotel room to the gates of Disney (and MGM too). I know they say that it is only 2 1/2 miles, but I'm assuming that is "as the crow flies."

We will have our own car, or we could take the "free" shuttle, but the shuttle only runs at certain times and we don't want to get stuck. We will be going on a Friday to MGM, and to Disney on a Saturday in early February. We do have to purchase tickets at the gates; since we are only doing these two parks in two days we aren't getting any park hopper tickets to buy ahead of time.

I'd just like a rough estimate of the time it will take us. Hotel personnel said it would be possible to come to the hotel mid-day for a rest period, but I don't really believe it. Can anyone help? Thanks!

we stayed at this motel last april and found it an easy, quick commute to the parks.I don,t remember exactly, but under 15 minutes to Disney property,and that was with the road construction that is now done with.A strong word of advice! You state you plan on MGM on Friday and Disney on Sat . I f you mean the Magic Kingdom, switch your plan! Magic Kingdom will be packed on Saturday.AVOID MAGIK KINGDOM ON WEEKENDS! Also be aware that at Magic Kingdom it takes about 30 minutes to get from the parking lot to the park gate. (you have to take a ferry or the monorail) Be very early to avoid traffic and lines . I would also strongly recommend going to your local library and getting the Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World. It has great info on making the best of your time,but also a somewhat jaded view of WDW.(you'll have a great time!) Also remeber that Disney has suspended it's Early Entry priveledges to it,s resort guests, so ignore this info when reading the guidebooks! I know this is long, but the books and these boards are invaluable, you will literally have 10x more fun with the right info!:pinkbounc

Thank you for the info! Did you take the shuttle or drive your own car to the parks?

We chose February as the month to go, because it was supposed to be the "value" season when there were fewer crowds. Since MK is open until 8 pm on weekends, we thought we would save it for Saturday and do MGM on Friday. Now maybe we will rethink our plans.

Our children are fairly small, and our goal is really to take this trip for the things that they will really enjoy the most. We really wanted to save our money and vacation time for a camping trip during the summer. I was completely shocked at hotel prices and admission tickets...it almost isn't worth it for just a short trip to one or two parks. BUt we only live in GA, so we'll be back often, I'm sure.

Anyway, wish us luck!

Hi. me again. First , take your own car. The shuttles from the offsite properties run very infrequently, and most serve several different hotels which can make for a very long trip! Have you checked the Disney web site for Magic Kingdom hours for that Fri.? Even if they are only open until 6pm I think you will see much more than on a typical Sat. You don't mention your childrens ages, but if they are young much of what they will want to see and do is located in Fantasyland which will be extremely crowded by 11am on a Sat. Early Feb is much less crowded than later in the month, however,"crowded" at the MK is unmanageable!If you are touring on a day with shortened hours consider staying in the parks from open to close. Plan on a relaxing lunch and tke a trip over to Tom Sawyers Island right after. It is a great place to wind down for adults and kids. At MGM there are many shows that the kids can "rest" in. Don't stress about the planning. You'll have a great time regardless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter