DAS Approval/Denial with New DAS Guidelines START 5/20 WDW & 6/18 DL

Was your DAS request approved?

• YES

Votes: 152 55.7%
  • NO

Votes: 60 22.0%
  • Return to Queue (Official name is Attraction Queue Return)

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • OTHER

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Other Accommodations discussed or suggested

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Cognitive/Neurodivergent/Developmental Disability - DAS APPROVED (added 8/18/24)

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • Cognitive/Neurodivergent/Developmental Disability - DAS NOT approved (added 8/18/24)

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Physical/Medical disability - DAS APPROVED (added 8/18/24)

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • Physical/Medical disability - DAS NOT approved (added 8/18/24)

Votes: 17 6.2%

• Total voters
So all 5 can’t ride together? Are all 5 immediate family (2 adults, 3 kids?)
We were just able to ride with all 5 of us but it required a supervisor approval--they took care of it during my DAS chat, just had to wait for the supervisor. We were a party of my DAS holder age 9, 2 parents, and 2 siblings age 12. I gather it is case by case whether they let the 5th person in--perhaps based on how young/close in age the siblings are, not sure what the criteria are.

Based on an earlier post, I believe @otg has a party of child, parents and grandparents.
Yes its my child age 13 that has the das. Me and my husband and my parents. So only my son and 3 other can ride at time. Honestly thats fine with us. I want my parents to experience most attractions with him. I will ride the bigger rides with him my mother doesn't want to ride.

Re-registered and approved today.
Waited about a minute in the queue, much quicker than the first time. Same questions as before but slightly less amount (two) and it was pretty quick and painless. Felt awkward explaining stuff as always, but glad it’s done.

Question for anyone who knows - my next park day (reservation as I’m a local AP holder) is next Thursday 24th - she implied the 240 days doesn’t start until then. The DAS box isn’t showing on my app, so I assume it will pop up next Thursday?

Thank you in advance!
It popped up for me after we entered the park.
Not sure if it’s 240 from that park day.

DSis called today for DB since we have a trip coming up at Thanksgiving (plus an additional two in Jan/Feb and May). Didn't get all the details since I was at work, but according to her, he was almost instantaneously approved again (had been approved for our July trip), and we did get the 240 day version since we're APs/DVC (July 20th expiry I believe).

I'll have to look and see if he's linked to just us (myself, DM, and DSis) or if he'll also be linked to 3 others that we're going on a trip with in May (already F&F with them). Already expecting to have to purchase some LLMP/LLSP for them and coordinate return times, or try some standby lines if at all possible.

I wanted to create a thread that was STRICTLY for feedback on your DAS conversation with MS.

First time DAS applicate or have had DAS in the past?
- If it is not your first time, did the process go differently?
Approved for DAS? Give other options?
- If given another option please explain the process!

As there is another thread for extensive conversation on DAS, I would like this to be all about the data and not a conversation on opinions or thoughts therefore being RESPECTFUL should NOT be an issue.
Approved 29 days out. On at 0700 est, done in 10 min. CM was fine. Based on my DD, I knew approval would be fine. No probing questions. Wouldn’t budge though on pre-selects. Drag.

Approved 29 days out. On at 0700 est, done in 10 min. CM was fine. Based on my DD, I knew approval would be fine. No probing questions. Wouldn’t budge though on pre-selects. Drag.
Don’t mean the pre-selects like the ones they used to give (2 rides per park)? They did away with that when they made the changes in May I believe.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest