Dance Recital gift for boys?

Avalon_toon

DIS Veteran
My boys (ages 9 and 5) have been taking an after-school dance class this year, and the Dance Studio's recital is next week. I know its traditional to bring flowers to give to girls after a performance, but what about boys?

I've seen parents give flowers to boys after plays. I've also seen parents give boys those cookie bouquets from places like Cookies by Design.

My DS danced also. I always did a balloon bouquet with chocolates. He appreciated the after dance appreciation gift.

Someone recently (pretty sure it was on dis) was looking for ideas how to make a lollipop bouquet, another idea.

My DS11 does musical productions through his school. After one show, my sister gave him a huge cookie shaped like a star that said, "You're a Star." I usually give him a stuffed animal that's related to the production. Last year, he got a red dragon that looked like Mushu after he played Captain Shang in Mulan. This year, he got a stuffed squirrel after playing Mr. Bucket and a squirrel in Willy Wonka.

My boys just did dance recital last week. Since we gave dd a bouquet, we went ahead and gave them both a rose. My youngest son posed for pictures with it in his mouth, until it broke off from biting it and then he picked off the petals. My older son scowled and made me carry his.

Anyhow, I've done things like Dairy Queen gift certificates, gift cards for stores or video rentals, point cards for online games...

This year though, one son was begging for Silly Bandz so I made that his gift.

These are all great ideas, thanks! Since this is a first for us, I want to make sure we do it right.

mY DS_11 is very involved with the theater productions/ acting. He prefers cash over flowers or gc to gamestop, xbox live points.

my 4yo son has his first recital in 2 weeks. I am getting him a build a bear bear with a karate outfit. His song is Kung Foo Fighting:thumbsup2

I usually give my DS6 flowers, like his sisters get. I try to get a less feminine bouquet--his favorite color is green, so I aim for some green daisies in there. When he's older, I'll switch to something else. I like the food ideas.

We gave DS a lovely bouquet of ... jerky! I wrapped some artifical flowers around stems of slim jims and popped in some other packaged jerky items.

Only problem, I think DD was a little disappointed in her plain old flowers!

The most successful ones for the boys I've seen or done have been the Cookies by Design bouquets and/or cash done up as flowers in a bouquet.

I've given a balloon with a gift card attached to the bottom of the string to boys that have been in productions. If the boy is younger, I might use the balloon with a toy attached at the bottom.

My daughter is very involved in choirs, plays, musicals.

I get her a very nice gift that ends with the final performance - I paid for the activity, I provided transportation, and went through various inconveniences to make sure she made it to all rehersals on time and fed.

My daughter is very involved in choirs, plays, musicals.

I get her a very nice gift that ends with the final performance - I paid for the activity, I provided transportation, and went through various inconveniences to make sure she made it to all rehersals on time and fed.

:thumbsup2. To each his own, but I've never understood the gift thing after recital either. DD gets to choose where we go for dinner or lunch (depending on which show she's in and often times it's all of them) and that's only because I'm not going home and cooking ;)

These are all great ideas, thanks! Since this is a first for us, I want to make sure we do it right.

As the Mom of a dancer, PLEASE do not give him a balloon to take on the stage during the finale! We have a couple of parents who do a balloon, and when the kids are all on the risers, little kids go in front, and if they have a balloon and they hold the string, it just blocks the kids behind them and then those kids can't be seen by anyone in the audience.....just something for you to keep in mind that you might not think of.

Most of the boys in our studio either get flowers (that is the theatrical tradition) or a cookie or lollipop bouquet of a stuffed animal of some sort (our studio takes orders that get sent to a company where you can have an embroidered t-shirt or tutu on the animal embroidered with the studio name, and a few kids always have those).

Zombie thread! I noticed that a spammer replied to this last night, but I see that post is gone now. It's been over two and a half years since the OP started this thread, so I'm guessing she already gave the after recital gift by now. OP, if you're still around, what did you decide on?

Zombie thread! I noticed that a spammer replied to this last night, but I see that post is gone now. It's been over two and a half years since the OP started this thread, so I'm guessing she already gave the after recital gift by now. OP, if you're still around, what did you decide on?

HAHA! I'm so bad. I never look at thread dates :rolleyes:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest