D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event 8/9/24-8/11/24 **Tickets on sale 3/26** **Sold Out on 3/29**

Yeah I just checked it's just accessible seats in front rows of certain sections and single seats in the 100's section.

Did anyone purchase tickets today on mobile device? I got Sunday passes for my parents but it didn't pop up to purchase merchandise on my phone. I emailed the support team but it's annoying since I was hoping it would pop up to order.

Do the Preferred $2600 vs $1000 floor seats tickets get you anything other than slightly closer to the front? Do they include anything for the actual Expo?

Last edited:

I’m still kind of reeling from the Hunger Games-esque registration, the last three days have been something to watch. I’m really curious to see how the team manages the logistics of the new expanded event, certainly a lot of changes to introduce all at once.

Decided to stick to my 2022 plan, one day at the ACC. I’m never lucky with RSP registrations, so I plan to wander.

This feels like the previous pre-C19 events (09, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19) were a small comic event in San Diego, 2022 was a transition and 2024…a full blown almost SDCC.

Nope. I think that would have been advertised.
Yeah... as someone with floor seats, I'm hoping they add some sort of perk, but I'll be really surprised at this point. Even though it would benefit me, it seems like it would be a little unfair to not give people the full picture when they were deciding on which ticket.

After day one, when they didn't instantly sell out, I was secretly hoping enough floor seats would stay open that they'd be forced to add more benefits.... but at this point perhaps even those will sell out on their own. What would be really unfair is if they drop the price on them closer to the date.

I do think doing something like giving one extra reservation slot, or some sort of preference in the panel draw would be fair. Not guaranteed seats for each panel, but if there's a lottery for it, maybe give each person "entries" in the lottery equivalent to their seat price. But only to get a handful of panels not access to any they want. Maybe similar preferential treatment for shopping or signatures. Not guaranteed early access, but a better shot at a better time for one of the three days or a handful of the signature slots. That seems like it would be a just balance between the insane cost and not turning it into a Sorcerer pass.

I do wonder if they'll do something special like a different VIP entrance for the floor seats, or a reception ahead of time in the Honda Center. Or as small as putting souvenirs on the floor seats that are exclusive for them. That would seem reasonable.

I do wonder if they'll do something special like a different VIP entrance for the floor seats, or a reception ahead of time in the Honda Center. Or as small as putting souvenirs on the floor seats that are exclusive for them. That would seem reasonable.
Good ideas, I think that would be reasonable, too. But as always, low expectations are the key to happiness!

I would say there’s zero chance of any additional benefits for us preferred ticket holders based on the 2022 Expo. And while the lottery for the smaller presentations worked for me last time, many people didn’t get their choices. The good news is that standby usually worked if you arrived early enough. Depending on the presentation, 45 min-1 hour earlier is recommended.

Yeah... as someone with floor seats, I'm hoping they add some sort of perk, but I'll be really surprised at this point.

<snip>

I do wonder if they'll do something special like a different VIP entrance for the floor seats...

I would say there’s zero chance of any additional benefits for us preferred ticket holders based on the 2022 Expo...
Would be nice if they'd throw a bone like a separate VIP/floor ticket entrance from outside into the Center's Plaza.

From inside the plaza, I'd guess there are separate entrances for the floor anyway, so there's a pseudo - perk...

I would happily spend that on a cruise instead! 😅
We've attended the D23 Expo since inception as well as many of the off-year West Coast events and at least one D23 Fan event at WDW. But this year? Shut out! We tried both Tues and yesterday.

As for those expensive Honda Stadium seats yesterday? My hubby said the same thing as I quoted above: "We could go on a cruise for that, right?" Yep! (I was so proud ... hearing him say that was a long time in coming. Lots of training went into that seemingly casual observation. I'm so proud of him!). He also chose to pass on the Sunday-only Fan pass as he mused, "$90 bucks for something that is essentially a half-day experience? Nope. I'd rather spend that on a great dinner at Morton's." Wowza, we made such progress!

So we do have a nearby timeshare already booked for the weekend. Perhaps we hope for last-minute, walk up tickets? Or maybe we enjoy a relatively empty Disneyland/DCA while the rest of y'all are scurrying for presentation seating at the Expo. Either way ... I'm so relieved that he is OK with our not having event tickets. Oh, my.

We've attended the D23 Expo since inception as well as many of the off-year West Coast events and at least one D23 Fan event at WDW. But this year? Shut out! We tried both Tues and yesterday.

As for those expensive Honda Stadium seats yesterday? My hubby said the same thing as I quoted above: "We could go on a cruise for that, right?" Yep! (I was so proud ... hearing him say that was a long time in coming. Lots of training went into that seemingly casual observation. I'm so proud of him!). He also chose to pass on the Sunday-only Fan pass as he mused, "$90 bucks for something that is essentially a half-day experience? Nope. I'd rather spend that on a great dinner at Morton's." Wowza, we made such progress!

So we do have a nearby timeshare already booked for the weekend. Perhaps we hope for last-minute, walk up tickets? Or maybe we enjoy a relatively empty Disneyland/DCA while the rest of y'all are scurrying for presentation seating at the Expo. Either way ... I'm so relieved that he is OK with our not having event tickets. Oh, my.
I'm sorry you weren't able to get tickets 😭 But glad that both of you still hold a positive attitude about it! I always believe that good positive energy will bring good things, so even though you don't have tickets, something great will come along and you will still have a fun trip!

I wasn't even willing to drop extra $$ for the lower 400 levels...because that extra $300 would be a plane ticket for one of us. Sitting a few rows lower really isn't that big of a deal to us. It's great and I'm envious of those who are willing to drop thousands on those preferred seats, but oof...too much for me🤑 That $4200 cost more than our Wish cruise last year!

Anyone else have trouble buying park tickets with the link in the order confirmation..? Tried twice yesterday and got Donald both times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter