Cypress Pointe vs Cypress Pointe Grand Villas?

scanmom

DIS Veteran
I know that they are in the same resort, and we have stayed at CP before and know we like them. I am wondering if there is a difference in the condos themselves. And is the GV section closer to more resort activities?

Cypress Pointe Grande Villa are a second phase to the resort. But Cypress Pointe has been updated more recently than the Phase II. One difference is that the three bedroom at the Grand villa has an extra sitting room, and extra hyda bed and an extra kitchen (so two kitchens in three bedroom units there and you could actually sleep 10 rather than eight). Both are close to ammenties. The Cypress Pointe resort has the flashier Volcano pool. The Cypress Pointe Grand Villas have a more basic pool, but this is kept super warm, so this is the pool that I like to go to even when I'm staying at Cypress Pointe. The resorts are right next to each other, so you can use the ammenities of either.

20 Trips with # 21 coming up // The boards, though, say I’m just earning my ears.
March 1971 – KOA closest to Disney (camping)
March 1972 – Jellystone Park (camping)
March 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
Dec. 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of American (camping)
March 1975 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
Dec. 1975 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
Dec. 1976 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
Dec. 1977 -- Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
Dec. 1986 – Marriott Royal Palms (condo by Marriott World Center)
May 1993 – Disney Contemporary (Garden Wing) (hotel)
Dec. 1994 – Polynesian Isles (condo)
May 1999 – Disney Contemporary (Main Building with high floor and Magic Kingdom view) (hotel)
Dec. 2001 – Cypress Pointe (condo)
March 2003 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
March 2004 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
Dec. 2004 -- Cypress Pointe (condo)
June 2006 –Tampa relative’s condo
June 2007 – Cypress Point Grandvillas (condo). Disney -- Port Orleans Riverside (hotel), and Sheraton Vistana – Fountains section (condo) – stayed three different places on this trip.
Dec. 2008 – Sheraton Vistana Resort (remodeled Fountains section) (condo)
Oct. 2009 – Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld (hotel)
(Will be going again March 2010 – staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld again)

The Cypress Pointe Grand Villas have a more basic pool, but this is kept super warm, so this is the pool that I like to go to even when I'm staying at Cypress Pointe. The resorts are right next to each other, so you can use the ammenities of either.

No more. A change to a new super heater last year at CPR has the Volcano pool as the warmest on the site now. Even two weeks ago during the record lows the CPR Volcano pool was 85. Allowed swimming in the cold! Except for the mini-golf and activities center all the other amenities are closer to the units at CPR. Combined with the more updated units that is our first choice. But if it isn't available CPGV isn't bad either.

So what is the difference size wise to CPGV and CPR. Only asking, because I have my family, 2 girls that are 8 & 10, and myself and hubby. But for 5 nights, my sister and her husband and 2 adult children, 21 & 23, male & female are coming. They obviously won't sleep together, and I am trying to figure out where I am going to put everyone. I would like to keep my kids in the bedroom somehow, so they aren't on the pull out couch, and we keep them awake at night, and I hate moving them after we go to bed.
Right now we are booked in a 3 bdrm at CPR poolside, ground floor, for March 8th to 19th, should I be changing to CPGV? Mainly for size of room?

So what is the difference size wise to CPGV and CPR. Only asking, because I have my family, 2 girls that are 8 & 10, and myself and hubby. But for 5 nights, my sister and her husband and 2 adult children, 21 & 23, male & female are coming. They obviously won't sleep together, and I am trying to figure out where I am going to put everyone. I would like to keep my kids in the bedroom somehow, so they aren't on the pull out couch, and we keep them awake at night, and I hate moving them after we go to bed.
Right now we are booked in a 3 bdrm at CPR poolside, ground floor, for March 8th to 19th, should I be changing to CPGV? Mainly for size of room?

The total size difference in the units (3 bedroom) is less than 100 sq feet (CPGV having the small additional space all in the lock off. The actual 2 bedroom side is slightly smaller than CPR). Both sleep 6 privately. 8 with the living room sofa bed (but not private). The CPGV lock off also has a small sofa bed but actually putting 4 teens to adults is a really tight fit. And the two are also in a non-private area.

At CPGV the second bedroom has two twin beds but no TV (if that matters). At CPR most 2nd bedrooms have a twin and a trundle (a second twin that stores under the first to save space when not in use). A few units, 32 as of March, will now have a queen bed in the second bedroom at CPR. That is the new unit design as each unit undergoes its 2010 renovation work. 64 units will be completed by November 2010. Those units also get all new built-in cabinets in the kitchen and bath areas, new doors on the bath areas (the original design had angled walls but no doors on the toilets), new tile flooring, granite counter tops and tub/shower surrounds and more. It is yet another major unit upgrade on top of the 2005 major renovation work every unit received.

Over at CPGV the 1 bedroom lock offs have mostly been renovated with new granite counter tops, mini-appliances, new doors on the bath area and a new king bed. The 2 bedroom side has not been done and still has mostly the original 1995 design and furnishings.

Again we find things at CPR to be more up to date and tend to be in better condition but we aren't adverse to accepting CPGV as a second choice.

I don't know what would be best, but I guess I will just leave well enough alone, we are in CPR, 3bdrm lock off, pool side first floor! Hope that it all works out. There is only 1 night, that there is all 8 of us, and then 5 nights, with 7, and 6 with just 4.
Thanks

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest