Cruising for Practically Free…Yep..I said Free!

Thank you for letting me join you on your trip. It was super fun reading along (as long as my students' exams did not get in the way), but I caught up on the last 2 and a half pages today and am sad to see it come to an end. I REALLY hope you travel some more any time soon, so we can all enjoy another TR. :thumbsup2

I am..Jan 27 on the Wonder!!!!

Our Wonder cruise left from PC, but one of the ports we went to was San Juan. We just went to a beach there, didn't have time to explore Old San Juan. We had great views of the old fort(don't remember it's name) while we docked and then sailed right by it when we left port. You'll be able to get some great pics!!

Woohoo! Waiting patiently for the TR, Jen! :woohoo::woohoo:

I am sure I will write one, but it will be a while. Feb is going to be a busy month.

Our Wonder cruise left from PC, but one of the ports we went to was San Juan. We just went to a beach there, didn't have time to explore Old San Juan. We had great views of the old fort(don't remember it's name) while we docked and then sailed right by it when we left port. You'll be able to get some great pics!!

We don't get in till late the day before the cruise, so I just have an air bnb booked for that night. Most hotels are either sold out, or an outrageous price and I can't spend over $300-500 on one night when we will be there about 12-14 hours before heading to the ship. We do have one night after the cruise and I have a courtyard booked right now, but still looking at other options.
I am debating on taking the big camera with me this time too. I have some shoulder issues though right now so I know I can't carry it around for long with me, but I still am thinking about it...just to get some nicer photos of some things.

It's on the Wonder, Jan 27, out of San Juan. I am super excited as it will be my first time on the Wonder and Claire and I will both complete our Grand Slam!!!

I am worried about snow too. We are going out of Columbus as well and it's like a 2 1/2 hour drive for us. It can snow all it wants while I am gone, but I need to just get to the airport and have on time flights. Coming home too for that matter.

As much as I would love to be on the Fantasy again, my last 3 cruises were on her, so I was really hoping to get on another ship, with the Wonder at the top of the list since I hadn't been on her yet. And I totally lucked out with a fabulous special rate...that I paid for with gift cards! Skip is even coming this time around and we will be celebrating my 50th!

Oh that's fantastic!!! What a great way to spend your 50th!!! The Wonder is our favourite ship:love: You're going to have a fantastic time!

It's on the Wonder, Jan 27, out of San Juan. I am super excited as it will be my first time on the Wonder and Claire and I will both complete our Grand Slam!!!

I am worried about snow too. We are going out of Columbus as well and it's like a 2 1/2 hour drive for us. It can snow all it wants while I am gone, but I need to just get to the airport and have on time flights. Coming home too for that matter.

As much as I would love to be on the Fantasy again, my last 3 cruises were on her, so I was really hoping to get on another ship, with the Wonder at the top of the list since I hadn't been on her yet. And I totally lucked out with a fabulous special rate...that I paid for with gift cards! Skip is even coming this time around and we will be celebrating my 50th!

So great!! Looking forward to hearing all about it! Hope you have a great Birthday, Great that Skip is going with you this time!

You are going to love the ports!!
The ocean water is spectacular!!!!
Have fun!

I can't wait to see bright skies and blue water!!!

Oh that's fantastic!!! What a great way to spend your 50th!!! The Wonder is our favourite ship:love: You're going to have a fantastic time!

I couldn't agree more. We have had a grey winter and I can't wait to get into some sunshine!

So great!! Looking forward to hearing all about it! Hope you have a great Birthday, Great that Skip is going with you this time!

He is...but he is having 2nd thoughts. And it's driving me crazy. He has asked if I could replace him if need be....and I can...but I don't have anyone who I could replace him with who could come up with the flight money...even if we paid their cruise portion.

So exciting for your next cruise already!!! I cannot wait to go back on the Wonder next year. I last went on her in 2000! Is this cruise round trip to San Juan? I will be anxiously awaiting a TR. Sad you cant start it right away, Ill be recovering from spine surgery in Feb and would have loved a new trip report lol. I can be so selfish lol.

He is...but he is having 2nd thoughts. And it's driving me crazy. He has asked if I could replace him if need be....and I can...but I don't have anyone who I could replace him with who could come up with the flight money...even if we paid their cruise portion.

OMG!! :faint: Men!!!:scared:

So exciting for your next cruise already!!! I cannot wait to go back on the Wonder next year. I last went on her in 2000! Is this cruise round trip to San Juan? I will be anxiously awaiting a TR. Sad you cant start it right away, Ill be recovering from spine surgery in Feb and would have loved a new trip report lol. I can be so selfish lol.

It depends on how many pictures I take and how fast I can get them edited. I might try to load my photoshop to my laptop..if I can do that, then I can do some while flying for 4 hours back home. LOL. I have issues with longer flights and if I have something to take my mind off of it then I do better, but my photoshop is old and my little laptop is picky on what it takes.

Yes, round trip from San Juan.

OMG!! :faint: Men!!!:scared:

I think he has realized he can't get out of it. He called me the other night while he was in the barn and he says "On the plane...window seat....I called it first". hahahaha.

Wow, it’s over already? :confused3 That was too short! :rotfl2:

Thankfully you will be starting a new one soon :cool1:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us Jen :thumbsup2

Have fun on the Wonder :lovestruc

Wow, it’s over already? :confused3 That was too short! :rotfl2:

Thankfully you will be starting a new one soon :cool1:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us Jen :thumbsup2

Have fun on the Wonder :lovestruc

After that 10 night cruise....all cruises are just too dang short. We were gone for 2 weeks total with WDW in there and it was fabulous!

This next one is going to be so different since Skip is coming along.
I told him he needs to buy some dressier pants that fit him....I am betting he waits till the day before we leave. And that will set the mood for it all....LOL

This next one is going to be so different since Skip is coming along.

SO DH is coming on our cruise in March, and I too am preparing for how much different it will be. While I am so excited he's joining us, and DD is beside herself, I am also worried I'm going to spend a fair amount of the time worrying about entertaining him.

Any tips?

SO DH is coming on our cruise in March, and I too am preparing for how much different it will be. While I am so excited he's joining us, and DD is beside herself, I am also worried I'm going to spend a fair amount of the time worrying about entertaining him.

Any tips?

I totally understand! Skip tends to walk off on his own a lot so I am guessing he will be lost a few times. He just finally got a smart phone and I will download the app and explain chat to him, but that being said, he may never look at it.

I just told him the other day that we have friends coming too and he seemed fine...but he doesn't like doing things with others. Which will be fine with me if he decides to wander. Claire and I spent a lot of time looking for him one night when we sailed NCL and I will never do that again.

When he went on the Magic with us a few years back we went all over looking for him to for dinner and never found him, so we gave up and then found him at the table!

I've really enjoyed reading your trip report(s)...I'm going back and reading your others now! Thanks so much for sharing!

I had to come back to this thread to see when your Wonder cruise was. Looks like you pick the best week to be gone. I hope your flight leaving Columbus went well. You missed the Polar vortex and absolutely freezing weather. Hopefully you aren't coming back to a huge amount of snow in your part of OH. My dd only had 2 days of school last week because of the below 0 temps. Frid was suppose to be in the 20s so I thought she'd have school, but we woke up to almost 6 inches of snow, so it was cancelled again. Oh Mother nature, you have a wicked sense of humor. It's been a LONNNNG week at home and I have a serious case of cabin fever!! I can't remember if you said you were staying in San Juan a few days after your cruise or not. Good new if you are staying there afterwards, it's suppose to get in the 40s on Sun/Mon.!! Anyway, hope you had a great trip and look forward to reading all about it.

I've really enjoyed reading your trip report(s)...I'm going back and reading your others now! Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks so much for reading!

I had to come back to this thread to see when your Wonder cruise was. Looks like you pick the best week to be gone. I hope your flight leaving Columbus went well. You missed the Polar vortex and absolutely freezing weather. Hopefully you aren't coming back to a huge amount of snow in your part of OH. My dd only had 2 days of school last week because of the below 0 temps. Frid was suppose to be in the 20s so I thought she'd have school, but we woke up to almost 6 inches of snow, so it was cancelled again. Oh Mother nature, you have a wicked sense of humor. It's been a LONNNNG week at home and I have a serious case of cabin fever!! I can't remember if you said you were staying in San Juan a few days after your cruise or not. Good new if you are staying there afterwards, it's suppose to get in the 40s on Sun/Mon.!! Anyway, hope you had a great trip and look forward to reading all about it.

We picked the perfect week to go! Claire only missed 2 days of school (of the 6 she was supposed to miss). She came back ahead in many classes because she did a lot of homework ahead of time.
However, there was a down side. Because the forecast was so bad, Skip cancelled on Friday (we were flying Sat.) He just knew he couldn't be away with the low temps. We did some scrambling and found a replacement for him. He is promising a make up trip and we would like to go the week Claire has Spring break...however the prices for cruises are just awful and we are afraid of crowds at the parks...so we are still working it all out and hopefully come to some conclusion soon.

I'm hoping you are going to write a trip report! So sorry Skip had to cancel. I am married to a farmer too and was so glad my husband could go and get out of the cold weather we had. We don't own livestock so that makes a huge difference. We got on the Wonder the day you got off. Did you get to spend any time in San Juan?

That's a shame your dh had to cancel, it would be great if you all could go somewhere for Spring break(especially since Ohio will probably still have snow then, seriously, every time it melts we get more, I'm so over winter). Looking forward to reading how you liked the Wonder. I would give anything to go somewhere warm right now. Our next trip is in June to go see dh's family in Nebraska, just not the same as a cruise to somewhere nice and warm. Just 340 days until we're on the Fantasy, that's toooooo long!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!