Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anyone want to hazard a guess at the chance of a regular person with no tickets, no resort reservation, and no AP being able to buy a ticket for any day between opening and, say, the end of September?

So does anyone want to hazard a guess at the chance of a regular person with no tickets, no resort reservation, and no AP being able to buy a ticket for any day between opening and, say, the end of September?
If that regular person is motivated it’s doable. 1/ rent a DVC reservation and 2/ pick up third party Disney tickets / AP.

But nobody knows right now. If almost everyone with a ticket or reservation decides not to go, then the odds are great :)

Maybe it’s better than we all think it will be even sometime in the summer, but my guess is it’s doable come September. You would normally have lower crowds then to begin with, and this year you’ve got people who may be even less willing to pull kids from school, and then F&W that is usually a huge draw is unless I’m mistaken still unknown.

If nothing goes terribly wrong I would hope ticket sales are back on by September 😳

So it appears that UT is still selling tickets...if I buy these, can I still link them to my MDE account? Anyone know? Some in our party have AP and some have no tickets. We have a DVC points rental for September and can't reschedule without losing all our money.

Make it a version of MaxPass. No need for month's of planning
That would create a ton of chaos and more of a mad rush at rope drop. I don’t see that much of a downside to FP+. I’d be in favor of eliminating fast passes altogether before implementing max pass at WDW.

Maybe it’s better than we all think it will be even sometime in the summer, but my guess is it’s doable come September. You would normally have lower crowds then to begin with, and this year you’ve got people who may be even less willing to pull kids from school, and then F&W that is usually a huge draw is unless I’m mistaken still unknown.

If nothing goes terribly wrong I would hope ticket sales are back on by September 😳

Yeah, I’m not sure parents are going to pull kids out of school as much this upcoming year. But who knows at this point. Maybe if absences are going to be more lenient next year out of concerns with people not being ready to put their kids in that situation they’ll just use that as an excuse to take a late Summer trip. Should be interesting how this all progresses. I know September/October have become very popular times to go down to Disney/Universal over the last couple of years

Stopped reading after it claimed they wouldn't even get to 75% til 2022. Just false. Must be the same analyst that said they won't open until 2021. Or the same analyst that said 2 million people would die in the US from Covid.

Agreed. I can see that the restrictions we are seeing now last more than a few months. Year end at the latest. Vaccines are being fast tracked and if this virus continues to linger through the fall, you can bet that the government will do whatever is necessary to ensure that these vaccines will be widely available by year end or early 2021.

That would create a ton of chaos and more of a mad rush at rope drop. I don’t see that much of a downside to FP+. I’d be in favor of eliminating fast passes altogether before implementing max pass at WDW.
I loved the original FP system. It was so nice to be able to decide what park to go to day of. We don't do a lot of ADR's so aren't fixed to a park except for the FP+

Yeah, I’m not sure parents are going to pull kids out of school as much this upcoming year. But who knows at this point. Maybe if absences are going to be more lenient next year out of concerns with people not being ready to put their kids in that situation they’ll just use that as an excuse to take a late Summer trip. Should be interesting how this all progresses. I know September/October have become very popular times to go down to Disney/Universal over the last couple of years

I have no issues pulling my kid out of school because of how well she handled this mess. If anything it reinforced that life is short and we will not put a few days of school ahead of living.

Is there any platform somewhere for a person to buy DVC points from someone else who rented them? I read people's stories here about being stuck with rented points they're no longer able to use and being out the money. I'm now thinking about renting points. I'd love to be able to help someone out by buying their points 2nd hand (3rd hand?) rather than renting directly from David's or someone. Is this possible?

So a few days ago I inquired on this board about the effects of outside temps on the body’s temp and if it will be an issue. Many responded (some less than politely) that the body self regulates (ie sweats) in order to self regulate and keep your body temp consistent. No?
Parents are going to be pumping their kids full of Motrin on the way to the parks just to be safe.
And does it really matter? You can have covid with no fever...but I guess it’s better than rehashing masks
Outside temp and activity absolutely effects temperature. I did a experiment out of curiosity yesterday. I was working in my yard and it was hot, mid 80s full sun. I was out there for a little more than an hour and decided I needed to take a break and cool off. First temp. 100.3, 10 minutes after AC and ice water temp 99.2, 10 more minutes and temp 98.7.

Stopped reading after it claimed they wouldn't even get to 75% til 2022. Just false. Must be the same analyst that said they won't open until 2021. Or the same analyst that said 2 million people would die in the US from Covid.

As I recall, the 2 million number assumed no actions would be taken. The intent was to show that we needed to take some extraordinary steps to reduce the spread. Considering the extreme measures taken, and we’re still unfortunately at 100k+ (and counting), I wouldn’t simply dismiss that projection.

My assumption is the analysts responsible for this Disney crowd study are considering the likelihood of a second wave hitting before we have a vaccine (if we ever have one) and they are taking that risk into account as part of the analysis.

Is there any platform somewhere for a person to buy DVC points from someone else who rented them? I read people's stories here about being stuck with rented points they're no longer able to use and being out the money. I'm now thinking about renting points. I'd love to be able to help someone out by buying their points 2nd hand (3rd hand?) rather than renting directly from David's or someone. Is this possible?

Davids has this (dedicated reservations for rent) although I’m not sure if they pulled that down during this or anything. That’s still using them as a middle man though and isn’t necessarily coming from someone who rented (it could be a renter trying to get David’s to re-rent, or straight from an owner).

*said with usual caution against renting right now

It’s not a slam dunk but there is certainly reason to be optimistic. Just my opinions, but I’d bet we have a vaccine no later than end of Q1 2021.

There is certainly reason for optimism but if you’re saying we will have one developed, tested, and mass distributed by the end of q1 2021 then I want some of that magic pixie dust. Could we have a vaccine ready for mass production by then? Possibly if one is found soon. But mass distribution would likely not occur until end of 2021 at earliest.

Davids has this (dedicated reservations for rent) although I’m not sure if they pulled that down during this or anything. That’s still using them as a middle man though and isn’t necessarily coming from someone who rented (it could be a renter trying to get David’s to re-rent, or straight from an owner).

*said with usual caution against renting right now

Admittedly, when this started hitting the fan I checked both main DVC rental sources and neither had any crazy deals for re-renting people's reservations. Just the regular reserved date offers, which IMO, aren't usually super stellar deals. I was kind of surprised the dropped confirmed reservations weren't at more of a discount.

Admittedly, when this started hitting the fan I checked both main DVC rental sources and neither had any crazy deals for re-renting people's reservations. Just the regular reserved date offers, which IMO, aren't usually super stellar deals. I was kind of surprised the dropped confirmed reservations weren't at more of a discount.

TBH it’s not something I would do right now even with a massive discount, and you’re right, they usually aren’t so I doubt they will be now, especially since DVC availability issues (and questions on regular resorts being open) could make a confirmed reservation go for a premium.

So yeah, point rentals at your own risk! But the option exists.

I'm confused. Is the ADR system going away? I assumed it was just being reset and made available again.
My point was just that ADRs at 60 days out won't work while a 30 day park reservation system is in place. If the new 60 day ADR system is initiated after the 30 park reservation system is retired, then were all good.

I think when September there is a good chance that demand is greatly reduced. The layoffs are now making their way through the white collar class and that is only going to accelerate over the next couple of months. I think the combo of the economic factors, fear of many to travel and reduced park experiences will really take a toll on demand for a WDW vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter