Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been testing over the last week or so. I think its opening next week sometime (end of month).

I believe the posted refurbishment is scheduled to end the end of this month but they haven't officially said it will open then

This has happened a few times already where there was a refurbishment end date but then they wound up extending it

I do hope it opens the end of this month, just don't want people to plan around it as it could change again

Does anyone know when park hours for mid-June should be released? Is it ~2 months, with an extension of those hours maybe 2 weeks out?! It is killing me not being able to plan.

As an “international” guest (in quotes because I feel like people think overseas not Canada when talking international), I can tell you most of us do not feel like we’re on a roller coaster ride in terms of waiting for travel rules to let up. I haven’t seen super recent polling, but the last number I saw was I believe close to 80 percent want the borders to remain how they are and the quarantines and whatnot to stay in place.

Here in Canada at least in my province people are much more focused on the roller coaster of local restrictions (we can be fined for having people over from outside our household, and even giants like Walmart can only sell essential items in store), people miss travel, and you will always have those who push boundaries and don’t care about Covid who are willing to go now, but the majority are not eager for it to open back up. That seems much more like a US thing right now.

I was about to say this. A lot of Americans don't really understand the cultural differences between here and Canada...or that they're even a thing.

As an “international” guest (in quotes because I feel like people think overseas not Canada when talking international), I can tell you most of us do not feel like we’re on a roller coaster ride in terms of waiting for travel rules to let up. I haven’t seen super recent polling, but the last number I saw was I believe close to 80 percent want the borders to remain how they are and the quarantines and whatnot to stay in place.

Here in Canada at least in my province people are much more focused on the roller coaster of local restrictions (we can be fined for having people over from outside our household, and even giants like Walmart can only sell essential items in store), people miss travel, and you will always have those who push boundaries and don’t care about Covid who are willing to go now, but the majority are not eager for it to open back up. That seems much more like a US thing right now.
I think opening up international travel would rank at the absolute bottom of a poll of things US citizens demand to return to normal soon. Now US businesses and politicians might feel differently, but I have not talked to one person in my everyday life that complains about restrictions on foreign travel right now. What I do hear about are work, schools, seeing family and just going out.

I think opening up international travel would rank at the absolute bottom of a poll of things US citizens demand to return to normal soon. Now US businesses and politicians might feel differently, but I have not talked to one person in my everyday life that complains about restrictions on foreign travel right now. What I do hear about are work, schools, seeing family and just going out.

Sorry I meant travel within the US by Americans as the US thing I was referring to. Up here we are being urged to stay in our own provinces at this point, with quarantines in some places if you are entering from another. The biggest group of Canadians traveling seems to be the politicians 😆🙃.

On travel centered forums like this there has been an idea perpetuated that many outside the US are eagerly anticipating the day when we are no longer restricted (actually restricted or effectively restricted with inconvenient policies), the post I responded to specifically mentioned international guests being on a roller coaster due to restrictions put in place by our own countries. Very different concerns right now up here, most are not bothered by restricted travel even within the country.

Sorry I meant travel within the US by Americans as the US thing I was referring to. Up here we are being urged to stay in our own provinces at this point, with quarantines in some places if you are entering from another. The biggest group of Canadians traveling seems to be the politicians 😆🙃.

On travel centered forums like this there has been an idea perpetuated that many outside the US are eagerly anticipating the day when we are no longer restricted (actually restricted or effectively restricted with inconvenient policies), the post I responded to specifically mentioned international guests being on a roller coaster due to restrictions put in place by our own countries. Very different concerns right now up here, most are not bothered by restricted travel even within the country.
I have a lot of friends in the UK who really are eager to travel, and especially here, but they do know why they can't (it's just really, really hard on them because they want to plan so badly bud they have zero clue how long out is long enough). My canadian friends, and friends with family in Canada are only eager for boarders to open so they can see loved ones again. A friend of mine has a mom in Canada with breast cancer, husband passed a few years ago so she's all alone, and my friend hasn't seen her in almost a year. I'd say going on vacation would be the last of any of their worries right now all things considered. Now, speaking of Disney, they would probably LOVE some international traffic back, but IMO that's probably a bad idea for a while to come.

Pluto just showed up outside the pool at OKW. It was definitely a fun surprise for my daughter. I hope they continue to have characters pop up at the resorts outside of holidays.
No Goofy? In December it was both and only those 2. It would be nice if they rotated characters.

Any news about return of FP+ service? I saw some articles back in September that suggested January, but can't find anything more recent. Any official news or reliable rumors out there?

Any news about return of FP+ service? I saw some articles back in September that suggested January, but can't find anything more recent. Any official news or reliable rumors out there?

No.

They need more capacity and less to no social distancing before they can do FP+. My bet is it isn't returning in current form but a new version will come when Genie rolls out and Genie probably won't roll out until things are closer to "normal"

Ah 2019.. back when we were naive about what was to come. Feels like a decade ago.

Speaking of 2019, and not trying to be off-topic, but I was recently watching an older DISUnplugged show from October of 2019 for another reason and after I listened to what I wanted to I left it on and it eventually drifted into a diatribe about what's wrong with WDW or what needs to be fixed at WDW and listing all these things. It got me wondering how much everyone who was a part of that DISUnplugged show would give to have what we had at that point in time of WDW, warts and all, this October regardless of the 50th. I know the show pre-dates RotR and MMRR, but I'd give up both if I were assured that WDW would come back to at least what we had at October 2019 in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter