• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

crepes......my memere's way.......so good

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
these are really very easy.....
1 1/2 cups flour....
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
1/2 teaspoon salt..
2 cups milk...
2 eggs..
1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
2 tablespoons margarine or butter.
put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into bowl....stir in remaining ingredients...beat with the rotary beater
until smooth....lightly butter a skillet....heat over medium heat until butter is bubbly...pour scant 1/4 cup of
the batter into skillet and immediately rotate pan until batter covers bottom...cook until light brown....turn
and brown on other side.....
what it is basically is a thin pancake.....I love these with maple syrup or fruits...jams....peanut butter....sort
of a cheese and smooshed up fruit...similiar to blintzes...

Yum! I haven't made crepes for years & years! As soon as I can work it into the schedule, I'm going to try these - thanks!

I know that sounds dumb, but I have so many new recipes from these boards we would all gain about 200 lbs if I made them all this week - or even this month! ;)

look and see what I am making for the coming week.....Generally breakfast is just english muffins for dh ...and pumpernickel toast for me......so crepes are a right up there on my list again.......For meals....I looked at that roast I made last week.....and think....hmmmm.....I am going to do that one again....it was delicious......alot of these recipes are a I AM GOING TO MAKE IT DISH......thanks to you and everyone else on these boards.....I did experiment with vegetarian gravy for my son in law.....who never asks for anything special.....so I made a not so bad tasting gravy for his potatoes and his make believe turkey......HAHA

Pumba, the best crepes I ever had were for dessert. They are filled witha mixture of cream cheese and cool whip, and fresh peaches, strawberries and bananas!! YUMMY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter