Creative Ways to Pay for Disney Vacation

Ugh, that's bananas!:sad2:

Why is blood and plasma donation so bad? The donations go for a really good cause- blood is used in blood donation (although I dont think people actually get paid to donate blood) and plasma goes towards testing new drugs or in some cases in plasma transfusions. My husband donates plasma, if he didn't he'd donate double red cells and he does it because he sees it as he's helping someone, not the payout (although it does help).

Why is blood and plasma donation so bad? The donations go for a really good cause- blood is used in blood donation (although I dont think people actually get paid to donate blood) and plasma goes towards testing new drugs or in some cases in plasma transfusions. My husband donates plasma, if he didn't he'd donate double red cells and he does it because he sees it as he's helping someone, not the payout (although it does help).

Oh I take no issue with someone donating blood for a good cause, I've voluntarily done so many times myself. However, using this as a source of income to fund a WDW vacation? Yes - I think that's bananas...

Try to get into SB. I average at least $75 a month. That's enough to pay for gas even if you're doing it for just a month or 2.
Nice! How many hours per day/week/month do you think it takes to earn that $75? Hints? The SB thread is kind of intimidating.

I know its probably not available to everyone, but I work overtime. I've found I make more money in less time that doing a lot of the stuff mentioned here. Last week I had over $400 in overtime. I know that depends a lot on individual salaries and whether you're paid hourly or not, or if overtime is even available, but I do it when it is available and found I average $2,000 - $5,000 a year in overtime.

Oh I take no issue with someone donating blood for a good cause, I've voluntarily done so many times myself. However, using this as a source of income to fund a WDW vacation? Yes - I think that's bananas...

Ok, my husband feels judged sometimes when people hear he donates his plasma. He likes that he is helping people and he appreciates that he gets a little money for it which he uses for gas or he puts it away in savings but that isn't the soul reason why he donates.

I use Walmart Savings Catcher. All you have to do is scan your receipt into the app every time you shop there. Right now I have $300 from them waiting to be turned into Disney gift cards. Basically free cash to use in the parks.

I'm also a contributor here at the DIS, and get paid for my articles.

Nice! How many hours per day/week/month do you think it takes to earn that $75? Hints? The SB thread is kind of intimidating.

Just start slow. When I first started, I got about $5 a month or so until I got a hang of it. I'd say I spend about 45 min daily on and off to search / fill surveys / restarting nCraves ...etc (aka active actions from me doing the clicking). My phone apps / PC runs almost throughout the day. So.

I had 2 old phones that I ran the apps continuously. I just check it on and off to make sure it's not stuck. I filled out a couple of survey every morning. If I qualified, I usually get to my first goal (~100 SB) which gives me bonus points end of month. And then I let my PC at home run nCraves / Smores continuously if I have it. Some of those run continuously and needed to be restarted every 20 min or so. I make sure I get the daily swagcode (sign up for email alert so you don't miss it). And then I do searches, so that usually yield 5-10 SB daily. I started to do SwagIQ trivia at 8 pm EST. I'm not good at it but that's a couple more SB a night. In general, if I can hit my goal each day, I will have about $75 - $100 a month.

I'm all for this as a viable option if someone is interested in extra money. Both of my girls did it when they were in college as a means of having extra spending money. They were never bothered by it, as they were both in nursing school. I don't know what the going rate is now, but at the time, they were paid pretty good for their 1/2 hour commitment. They would receive a pre-loaded Visa card after each donation and go on their way. Seems more straight forward than these Swagbucks deals.

I visited the I Love Credit Card board - yikes! It was overwhelming. I am not a huge consumer, so Swagbucks holds no appeal. I do use airmiles for flights, put groceries, gas etc... on another CC for cashback, as a Massage Therapist, I put away all of my cash tips for upcoming vacations and whenever I opt to not go to dinner out, I estimate what I would have spent and put it aside. All change goes into a jar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter