Crazy situation going on at MCO 11/10

We have been stuck in dallas and not able to board. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 5:15pm. Keeps getting delayed by the hour. Hopefully we will be able to fly soon.

The news is saying an exploding camera battery has created havoc .
Exploding camera battery causes panic at Orlando International Airport, police say

Updated: Nov 10, 2017 - 7:25 PM

My friend's flight to Orlando was supposed to take off at 5:45. Southwest just canceled it.

That is bizarre that they cancelled the flight.
From reading the tweeted responses to MCO, it's a mess there right now. The Tsa made everyone go back through security. Those that were waiting to board or even were already on a plane were made to go back to the security check points. Planes that had landed were not allowed to unload.

From reading the tweeted responses to MCO, it's a mess there right now. The Tsa made everyone go back through security. Those that were waiting to board or even were already on a plane were made to go back to the security check points. Planes that had landed were not allowed to unload.
I don't think they're letting any planes headed to MCO take off because they're so backed up, so they started canceling flights. What a mess

That is crazy! I don't understand rescreening people and pulling them off planes. If someone really did have a gun or bomb you suddenly have thousands of people all together to target. I think they need to rethink how they address issues.

Are flights back to normal now? Our flight is headed to Orlando at 10:30 this morning, and it hasn't been delayed yet. Crossing my fingers...

Are flights back to normal now? Our flight is headed to Orlando at 10:30 this morning, and it hasn't been delayed yet. Crossing my fingers...

We leave for Orlando at 1pm today, Southwest, so i hope things are back on track soon.

We arrived at MCO last night around 6pm after checking out of POFQ and it was a nightmare. Our flight was delayed first 1 hour, then 2, then cancelled altogether and we had no idea until I checked the southwest app randomly. Was using a wheelchair but there was no one there to push me or anyone else, so we were basically stranded and told there was nothing they could do. We’d already checked our bags so we had to go back to ticketing, get a new flight booked which meant I lost our A boarding positions down to C’s, go downstairs and try and find our luggage in the mess of bags that went back out into the carousel, take a Lyft out to try and find an open hotel which all the ones we stopped at were full until a very helpful desk clerk was able to help me make a reservation at a completely different hotel for last night , altogether costing us at least $500 because of course it was over $300 a night (plus food for an extra day). And I had to get my pet sitter to rush back as I had them take today off since we would have been home by now. What a way to end a trip, all over a stupid battery. It’s all relative I know, but I’m running on 3 hours of sleep for 2 days in a row, out money I won’t get back and a full day of time wasted that I had planned on using to get ready for this week going back to normal. Miserable and frustrating.

Our 5:15pm Southwest flight out of dallas was delayed hour by hour until 8pm and then they just canceled it. There was one more flight scheduled to leave at 8:30pm that was already full and they still let that one fly as scheduled. I have no idea why they played Russian roulette with who got to still fly and who didn’t but we were not happy campers. The earliest flight they could get us on today has a stopover and we won’t get to Disney until 1pm. So we lost our one night stay at ASMo last night plus OOP for lodging in dallas last night. We are checking into Swalpin today and were depending on DME to get us to Disney last night. Now we are trying to find another way there at cost since DME is not an option for today. Fastpass for today will all expire before we even land and today was supposed to be food and wine with Epcot rope drop. Trying to take it in stride and make the best of a not so great situation but it’s tough. Crazy how something like this can cause such a domino effect and mess up your plans. Trying to go with the flow as best we can. Out of our control at this point. Trying to stay positive. :goodvibes

We arrived at MCO last night around 6pm after checking out of POFQ and it was a nightmare. Our flight was delayed first 1 hour, then 2, then cancelled altogether and we had no idea until I checked the southwest app randomly. Was using a wheelchair but there was no one there to push me or anyone else, so we were basically stranded and told there was nothing they could do. We’d already checked our bags so we had to go back to ticketing, get a new flight booked which meant I lost our A boarding positions down to C’s, go downstairs and try and find our luggage in the mess of bags that went back out into the carousel, take a Lyft out to try and find an open hotel which all the ones we stopped at were full until a very helpful desk clerk was able to help me make a reservation at a completely different hotel for last night , altogether costing us at least $500 because of course it was over $300 a night (plus food for an extra day). And I had to get my pet sitter to rush back as I had them take today off since we would have been home by now. What a way to end a trip, all over a stupid battery. It’s all relative I know, but I’m running on 3 hours of sleep for 2 days in a row, out money I won’t get back and a full day of time wasted that I had planned on using to get ready for this week going back to normal. Miserable and frustrating.

Our 5:15pm Southwest flight out of dallas was delayed hour by hour until 8pm and then they just canceled it. There was one more flight scheduled to leave at 8:30pm that was already full and they still let that one fly as scheduled. I have no idea why they played Russian roulette with who got to still fly and who didn’t but we were not happy campers. The earliest flight they could get us on today has a stopover and we won’t get to Disney until 1pm. So we lost our one night stay at ASMo last night plus OOP for lodging in dallas last night. We are checking into Swalpin today and were depending on DME to get us to Disney last night. Now we are trying to find another way there at cost since DME is not an option for today. Fastpass for today will all expire before we even land and today was supposed to be food and wine with Epcot rope drop. Trying to take it in stride and make the best of a not so great situation but it’s tough. Crazy how something like this can cause such a domino effect and mess up your plans. Trying to go with the flow as best we can. Out of our control at this point. Trying to stay positive. :goodvibes
Such a frustrating situation. If anyone had trip insurance purchased, some of these extra or lost funds spent may be covered. Check with your credit card company too. Some cards have some travel insurance as a benefit for having their card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter