Couple Palo questions

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
First, tipping. The cost of the brunch/dinner is put on your account, right? Do they bring you a bill to sign where you can add a tip? Or do you pay a tip separately? Also, what is preferred, cash or charge to your room?

Second, shoes for brunch. For men - are sneakers okay or do they have to have a dress shoe of some type? For women - are open toed sandals okay? Do they have to have a heel or can they be flats (just not beachwear/flipflops? What is typical?

Third, drinks. I assume any alcohol is an extra charge, but what about non-alcoholic drinks - coke, coffee, juices, etc. Is there a charge for these or are they included in the price?

I don’t remember details but it was awesome. I remember it was chic and we both had dressy shoes. Was nice to dress up a little. Enjoy!

Yes, the cost is put on your account. We received a bill because we ordered bottle of San P. So we added the tip there.

Not sure about shoes, but brunch is less formal than dinner. I think non-alcoholic drinks are included just like in the main dining rooms. For brunch they bring you a complimentary alcoholic drink, but we got the non version.

This is just from 2 experiences. The only times we dined in Palo is when we had grandparents join us on the cruise and they had dinner with my children in the dining room. Otherwise, we dined with our children.

Just to answer your questions as best I can remember.
1. They do bring a bill to you with the charge as well as any other items that are not included. We just added the tip to that amount. And we charged it to the stateroom account. I will admit that I didn't realize that you can pay in cash since I believed that everything was cashless other than the option to provide the regular gratuities in cash in the envelopes.

2. To be honest, I never noticed what shoes people were wearing. My husband and I wore the shoes that we wear to the dining rooms. We don't dress in formal wear, but we do wear "dressy" clothes. So I have dress sandals that have a bit of heal and he wears a more casual dress shoe. He never wore sneakers for dinner even in the dining room. I think you just match what you're wearing and you'll be fine.

3. We don't drink alcohol, but we did order sparkling water and that is an extra charge. I'm not sure if coke etc is extra, but I believe regular coffee is included.

Again, my answer is based on dinner only and was a few years ago so they may have changed. Hopefully, someone who has a more recent experience can chime in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter