Costa Rica: Costa Rica Coast to Coast Meets Thread

Check out that ticker!!! Leaving for my first ABD on the 31st and I am super excited! Received my departure documents with an ABD canvas bag, ipad cover, trip documents folder, and a sack that it all came in :)

I called Disney since I had a few questions...my day 6 itinerary was confusing as it mentioned horseback riding, jungle cruise, and sugar plantation visit...which are from the old CR trip...thought they brought them back...but just a misprint.

We extended after the trip at El Mangroove until Monday just to relax so we may end up going horseback riding anyway on our own.

Trip report upon my return....it's adult only so it may be a bit different than with the kiddos!

WOOOOHOOOO!

So, so, so, so exciting! Can't wait to hear about it. We also extended our stay at El Mangroove, so excited to hear about your post-stay as well! PS, we are almost neighbors, I'm in Western Morris County :)

Check out that ticker!!! Leaving for my first ABD on the 31st and I am super excited! Received my departure documents with an ABD canvas bag, ipad cover, trip documents folder, and a sack that it all came in :)

I called Disney since I had a few questions...my day 6 itinerary was confusing as it mentioned horseback riding, jungle cruise, and sugar plantation visit...which are from the old CR trip...thought they brought them back...but just a misprint.

We extended after the trip at El Mangroove until Monday just to relax so we may end up going horseback riding anyway on our own.

Trip report upon my return....it's adult only so it may be a bit different than with the kiddos!

WOOOOHOOOO!
Congrats!!! :thumbsup2 Have a fabulous time! Looking forward to your Report!

Sayhello

I just saw that they have 2016 dates posted!! I am strongly considering this for our 2016 Spring Break.

I'm Baaaaaack!!! WOW! It was absolutely amazing!!!! Costa Rica is beautiful...our guides, Fico and Laura, were incredible! Sooooo glad we stayed the extra three days at El Mangroove at the end! I'm gathering a trip report this weekend and will share. Please ask me any questions!!!
Best Vacation EVER!!!

I'm Baaaaaack!!! WOW! It was absolutely amazing!!!! Costa Rica is beautiful...our guides, Fico and Laura, were incredible! Sooooo glad we stayed the extra three days at El Mangroove at the end! I'm gathering a trip report this weekend and will share. Please ask me any questions!!!
Best Vacation EVER!!!
Welcome back! So glad you had a great trip. Looking forward to your Trip Report! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Best Vacation EVER!!!
Welcome back! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!! I think I am going to have a handful of questions! Looking forward to your trip report!

Just returned from the Feb 14 Costa Rica Tour. It was good fun and a great group of fellow travelers. Guides Zoe and Ronald were just terrific. Will try to get a trip report up this week. I am finding the new DISboards site hard to figure out on my phone. Cannot figure out how to write a new thread. Only option seems to be to reply to existing. Wish the iPhone app still worked.

Just returned from the Feb 14 Costa Rica Tour. It was good fun and a great group of fellow travelers. Guides Zoe and Ronald were just terrific. Will try to get a trip report up this week. I am finding the new DISboards site hard to figure out on my phone. Cannot figure out how to write a new thread. Only option seems to be to reply to existing. Wish the iPhone app still worked.
Welcome back! I love Zoe, she was one of my Guides in Scotland! :)

In order to start a new thread, go to the page that lists all the threads in this Forum, and up in the upper right-hand corner, there should be a blue button that says "Post New Thread". I know some people have had issues on other Forums, that the button is "hidden", and only shows up when they hover over the place where it should be. You're the first person to say they had that issue on this Forum...

Sayhello

My family will be on the Costa Rica ABD March 26, 2016! Who else? It is myself (Karen) DH Harv, DS13 Aaron and DD16 Leah.
Can't wait!!

We're now booked for our spring break! March 12 - 18, 2016. Party of 6. Me and DH, DS (age 11 then), DD (age 5 then), and my mom and my step-father. I was told this trip is an Guaranteed Departure. There were already 18 people booked (about half under 18), so with us, they are up to 24. How big can the group get?

DD is already unhappy she won't get to zipline or do the white-water rafting. She's my little daredevil. She saw the ABD Costa Rica video, and started shrieking, "I want to do THAT! I want to do THAT!" And DS, who is more cautious, immediately said, "Not me!" So my kids will be with the grandparents on those outings. ;-)

We're now booked for our spring break! March 12 - 18, 2016. Party of 6. Me and DH, DS (age 11 then), DD (age 5 then), and my mom and my step-father. I was told this trip is an Guaranteed Departure. There were already 18 people booked (about half under 18), so with us, they are up to 24. How big can the group get?

DD is already unhappy she won't get to zipline or do the white-water rafting. She's my little daredevil. She saw the ABD Costa Rica video, and started shrieking, "I want to do THAT! I want to do THAT!" And DS, who is more cautious, immediately said, "Not me!" So my kids will be with the grandparents on those outings. ;-)
Congrats on getting a Guaranteed Departure! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread!

Sayhello

We booked the July 30, 2016 trip. Party of 7 (and we are the only ones booked so far). Myself, DH, and DD will be 11, another couple and their DD will be 11 and DS 9. We will likely be adding a pre day, as the SW flights don't get in until midnight; but the TA hadn't added it on yet. I am so excited!

Just saw that my March 26, 2016 departure is already on Wait List status! Hopefully some of the folks will find us here. I emailed to find out about kids on the trip...

We will also be on the March 12-18 adventure! It will be me and my 7 year old daughter:)

We will also be on the March 12-18 adventure! It will be me and my 7 year old daughter:)

That's great! I should warn you, my very social 5 year old daughter will probably try to follow yours around. She is happiest around other little girls, and she is really the reason we're trying ABD.

That's great! I should warn you, my very social 5 year old daughter will probably try to follow yours around. She is happiest around other little girls, and she is really the reason we're trying ABD.
That's great!! She will love it. We took our daughter this summer on our first ABD and she bonded right away with the other girls on the trip. She will love it:)

I see y'all are from Houston. We live in Spring. Small world:) we may be on the same flight! Lol

I see y'all are from Houston. We live in Spring. Small world:) we may be on the same flight! Lol

We've already booked ours! We added an extra day at the end (through ABD); I think my step-father is hoping to play golf. We're flying on United, although Southwest is supposed to be doing both routes by the time of the trip. We were really pleased that United let us price going in and out of different airports like a roundtrip.

That's neat that you're from Spring. There seem to be a fair number of people from the Houston area on these boards. We love Houston most of the year (the summer is just too hot), and we've been really pleased that DCL is sometimes sailing from Galveston. (Disney in some form gets a substantial percentage of our vacation time and money.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!