Coronado Springs?

• Thread starter chelsea&austinsmom
  • Start date
C

chelsea&austinsmom

We'll be staying at Coronado Spring end of April. Just want some opons on people that have stayed there before How's the food court? HOws the pool and any other advised you can give me. Will be staying there with DH, DD (9), and DS (5) he;ll be celebrating his 5th b-day in disney.

We have stayed at ASMo, ASSp,CBR, and AKL and CSR is our favorite!!!!!! The pool area is amazing!!!! Very colorful resort(make sure you walk all around ). The Ranchos area is really unique. It is a big resort (lots of walking), but planning out your day will help eliminate a lot of back and forth! If you go to the pepper market for breakfast, leave from the nearest bus stop, instead of hiking back to your room. The pool area also has some good fast food choices for lunch, dinner. Have fun!!!!

Thanks for the info. Hoe wxpensive is the food court?

I love CSR. I have stayed in the Ranchos and Cabanas and like both but found the Ranchos to be themed better. The Ranchos are farthest from the food court, shops and check in but closer to the main Dig Site pool. The cabanas are inbetween and 9A and 9B are a great spot for access to everything. The Casitas are nice with very pretty courtyards but feels more "hotel" like.
Here is a link with pics and descriptions. I really like the food court as far as the way it is layed out and the taste of the food. I personally find the atmosphere just okay.
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate. My favorite location to request is Cabana 8A--it is right next to the pool and bus stop and about a 5 minute walk to the food court. The pool and jacuzzi area is awesome. The bus transportation to the parks is the best that I have experienced at a Disney resort. I only ate at the Pepper Market twice and I thouhgt that the food was good. They also have a store/bakery where you can just grab stuff to go.

The Dig Site (main pool area) is one of the best at WDW. My DD loves it. Her first time was when she was 4 and hasn't lost any interest in it now that she is 9. They have an arcade, play area, volleyball court, hot tub and bar/consession stand. It is a great spot to hang out all day long.

The Pepper Market is our favorite place to eat. When you enter the Pepper Market, you will notice it's not your average food court. This is Disney's first new style, "interactive" food court on property. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. You choose your meals in a Mexican market-style set-up while walking from station to station and talking with the chefs. You are seated by a host/hostess and everyone in your party receives a ticket. The host/hostess will take your drink order. You are then free to stroll around the food areas, choose what you want to eat and receive a stamp on your ticket for each item you get. If you don't see something you like, ask because they will mix and match items for you.

At the end of the meal, you present your ticket(s) to a host/hostess and pay as you leave. 10% gratuity is charged automatically to your bill so be sure not to leave an additional tip on the table. If you feel the 10% was not deserved, speak to the host/hostess when paying and it will be removed. The Pepper Market is open 6:30am - 11pm.

Take out meals are not charged the 10%.

Check out my website below for more info on CSR and the Pepper Market, including pictures.

Have a great time!

Another thing about the pepper market is that your silverware and cloth napkins are at the table. Not so much up and down at this food court. I really like the real flatware and dishes, instead of paper products. It's a very pretty resort, overall!!

We are planning our first stay at this resort the first part of December, it's nice to hear such good things about it. e were at the poly last year and we are a little hesitant about the transportation, what kind of trans. times can we expect in the off season? Is the drop off area at the parks very far away from the entrances?

When you check-in let the CM know when your son's birthday is, and what is his favorite character. they will leave a surprise in your room.

We like the Cabanas Bldg. 8B. Great location!!!! 1min. to Big Dig and the bus stop and parking lot. And your equal distance to the quiet pools of the Cabanas and Ranchos approx. 3 min. The walk to El Centro about 5 min. BTW I think they have the best transportation of the moderate resorts, because it's a convention resort you should have no problems with getting a seat IMO.

Have fun!!

Transportation was great when we stayed there in September. I don't recall that the bus stops were any further away than most of the deluxes. Our buses were never full. There were very few kids at the resort too.

The resort is beautiful and the pool area spectacular. The CMs drive around in little carts and you can flag them down for a ride if you don't think you can make it to the food court. We didn't eat at Pepper Market, but it looked nice.

We are staying again in May.

Originally posted by madthemouse
When you check-in let the CM know when your son's birthday is, and what is his favorite character. they will leave a surprise in your room.

This is not something that can be guaranteed. Resorts are inconsistent when it come to surprises and freebies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter