Copper Creek vs Riviera add-on

sky2823

Mouseketeer
I have been considering a direct add-on and waiting on Riviera....

I know there is a good chance that CCVs dues will move back to the front

However, if the dues do stay in the middle of the pack and I can get 175 pts for around $163 a point (direct incentives) for 49 years not including credit card incentives and Riviera projected to be over $200 per point, is CCV the best deal for direct I will ever ever see again by a large margin?

I’m enticed to wait for riviera for the 11 month window, but since it is such a large hotel (like BLT) and we will need larger than a studio anyway in 2 years, I assume 1 and 2 bedrooms at riviera won’t be that hard to get at 7 months, I’m not sure waiting is worth it. Where as CCV is one of the smallest point allocations of the DVc resorts and 7 month window could actually be more valuable for it (especially in the fall) than riviera since Riviera is so big.

Any thoughts to the veterans?

Thx

If you need the points right now, CCV is your only option. If you don't, I would consider waiting.

It is sort of like buying a new computer. Do I buy now, when I know something better, faster, and cheaper will be released soon? The problem is - at any point in time, you have the same conundrum. If you wait a year to buy a computer, there will still be better, faster, and cheaper options on the horizon. So buy when you need it, and make the best decision you can with the choices then available.

Considering those same two resorts for a small add on and thinking about some of those same questions.

Hoping there will be some details released about the Riviera during the annual meeting. So I plan to wait at least until after that to decide. Anxious to see the studio & 1 bedroom options, along with the point charts and financials. Will probably go resale if those aren't acceptable, since we already have direct perks.

. . . .I’m enticed to wait for riviera for the 11 month window, but since it is such a large hotel (like BLT) and we will need larger than a studio anyway in 2 years, I assume 1 and 2 bedrooms at riviera won’t be that hard to get at 7 months, I’m not sure waiting is worth it. Where as CCV is one of the smallest point allocations of the DVc resorts and 7 month window could actually be more valuable for it (especially in the fall) than riviera since Riviera is so big.

Any thoughts to the veterans?

Thx

I don't think you should assume that it will be easy to book the Riviera at the 7 month mark. If DVC makes small declarations like they have done with CCV then it is possible there will only be enough rooms available for owners to book for many months after it opens. Since the Riviera is near DHS many Star Wars fans might chose the Riviera for their stay. There are a lot of Star Wars Fans that care nothing for Disney, so they will be interested only staying on property to see Star Wars: Galaxy Edge. So if Disney can entice those fans to stay at the Riviera for cash there won't be much of an incentive for DVD to make large declarations above and beyond the rate of sales. Therefore, at the 7 month mark most of the rooms will already be booked by new Riviera owners.

Which location would you rather stay at? And will the smaller 1BRs at CCV, which only sleeps 4, matter to you? And when will I need the points? These are questions I would consider.

Anyone know what UY they are currently offering at CCV or can you typically request the one you want? We have a Feb UY on our AKV contact and if we decide to add on at CCV I’m trying to figure out what to do.

We are going to get more information about Riviera quite soon, I think it's worth waiting for it.
There are rumors that it will include new type of accommodations: two people only studios and possibly others.

Anyone know what UY they are currently offering at CCV or can you typically request the one you want? We have a Feb UY on our AKV contact and if we decide to add on at CCV I’m trying to figure out what to do.
We added on at CCV recently. They automatically set it up with the same UY as our existing BLT contract.

Since you already own they will match up to your existing UY.

Don’t care for Riviera’s position at all. Many rooms will overlook a highway. The only place to walk is around a moderate resort. Skyliner may be the saving grace.

Don’t care for Riviera’s position at all. Many rooms will overlook a highway. The only place to walk is around a moderate resort. Skyliner may be the saving grace.

We own at original VWL (can't change names on me just like the people mover) and BW. I agree with the above. I may rider the skyline once just to try, but it would have to really blow me out of the water to even consider staying there let along buying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!