Conversation with my DH regarding DCL

Sometimes I sit and think, "Other people do this, right?" ... It's comforting to know that I'm not alone!

Maybe my DW can start a support group (perhaps a DIS board???) with your DH and all the other spouses that put up with us ;)

My wife tolerates my lunacy. Especially when I get excited about a new feature I thought of to add to the spreadsheets for comparison and/or tracking. It's rather silly, but hey, I like it.

I'm glad my wife doesn't have to do that with me.

My wife- Let's go to WDW again.
Me- Ok
Wife - Can we do a Disney Cruise as well.
Me- We've never done one.
Wife- But it will be fun.
Me- I'm in!

A match made in heaven. Mickey and Minnie ain't got nothing on us. :rotfl:

I'm so jealous. Y'all sound so sweet. Spouse never travels with me and the kids. I'm going to try really hard to get him on a short Merry Time cruise this year but I'm not holding my breath.

My DH enjoys all our cruises on DCL as long as he has a verandah, his book, and binoculars.

You're very lucky.

This is one thing that I think the entire industry could do better. I do know that some of the NCL ships seem to have a good solo setup, but no so much the others...

While I think it'd be nice to DCL to include solo rooms I can't see the market being very large or [and please single cruisers (I'll be one eventually!) don't take this the wrong way] DCL wanting to really truly promote a lot of single cruisers. Their brand is family. But hopefully they'll prove me wrong and put a handful on each floor.

Only if they are larger than the coffins the studio cabins other lines have. No way am I subjecting myself to that. I will happily pay more for a more decent sized cabin.

I think they look cozy. But I'm found of tight enclosed sleeping spaces and love purple.

Smart man.

Usually when my wife proposes something that I don’t really care for but know I’m doing it anyway I put up similar resistance before giving in. Unless it’s going to China. Never going back outside of HK and Macau

Super 7? The heptathlon? Secret Seven? Seven Stars?

The heptathlon sounds perfect.

My wife tolerates my lunacy. Especially when I get excited about a new feature I thought of to add to the spreadsheets for comparison and/or tracking. It's rather silly, but hey, I like it.

My spouse is a spreadsheet guy. Sure takes up a lot less room than my hobbies!

I didn't realize that one had solo cabins. Pride of America is a different animal altogether.

She had 4 put in on her last dry dock apparently. I would love a balcony, but $3000 (the difference between the studios and the cheapest balcony) buys a LOT of excursions...and/or a better view at Aulani. So I might have to suck it up and try it.

It may have to if I end up doing the Hawaii Cruise (on NCL - blech...I do not see freestyle and food allergies working well) and Aulani combo I am pondering to make it really work financially. But not thrilled with the idea.

If you can deal with the small space I say go for it!! I couldn't, but that's just my own issues with small spaces - I've had a couple of really bad experiences with them on vacation and I'm just not going there again. But these cabins go fast on NCL. People - without my psychosis :goodvibes - love them!!! I know you have cruised on several cruise lines and aren't tied to Disney. Give NCL a chance. They aren't perfect. Heck, no cruise line is!!! (not even Disney).

It's Hawaii. What could be bad about that????

I've pushed the idea of a solo cruise to my husband and suddenly, he wants to come too. :P

That being said... Would love DCL to add a few solo cabins for our solo friends...

I loved the size of the Dream so the idea of a bigger ship with new things to do has all my attention.
My husband is not of the "whatever you want to do is fine with me" mind set when it comes to travel! Therefore, a number of my trips the past few years were without him, or we began or ended the trip together, and I traveled solo for part of the trip. On an upcoming trip this fall - I'll first cruise solo (in a tiny studio cabin) on a Greek Isles cruise, then go on a 15-night land tour in Turkey...before meeting my husband in Spain for a Transatlantic cruise. Now that our kids are grown - he has no interest in returning to Disney theme parks, and he wouldn't be interested in cruising with Disney.

Last edited:
I've pushed the idea of a solo cruise to my husband and suddenly, he wants to come too. :P

That being said... Would love DCL to add a few solo cabins for our solo friends...

I loved the size of the Dream so the idea of a bigger ship with new things to do has all my attention.

That's funny! It is the same here.. when I suggest I go solo somewhere (or alone with the kids), all of a sudden he wants to go.

My husband is not of the "whatever you want to do is fine with me" mind set when it comes to travel! Therefore, a number of my trips the past few years were without him, or we began or ended the trip together, and I traveled solo for part of the trip. On an upcoming trip this fall - I'll first cruise solo (in a tiny studio cabin) on a Greek Isles cruise, then go on a 15-night land tour in Turkey...before meeting my husband in Spain for a Transatlantic cruise. Now that our kids are grown - he has no interest in returning to Disney theme parks, and he wouldn't be interested in cruising with Disney.

Greek Isles... :lovestruc (Someday...)

It’s a small line, but Voyages to Antiquity caters to solo travelers. And their prices are great. Their cruises are all just longer than I can take off right now.

:D
Okay I have so far spared my DH the spreadsheet comparisons although great idea to keep in mind :D We are at 14 years of marriage this year and I've only been obsessing about vacations for about the last 4-5 years, having young kids and all. I'm glad to hear the tolerance is still there after 34 years!
Same situation here and going on 25 years! DCL has helped me to spread the vacation planning fever to my DH and he sometimes actually likes planning with me... up to a point! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter