Contract sale question....

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
Here's the scenario. A 50 pt BLT contract, June UY. No points left in '18, 16 left in '19, with a stay booked for Sept (34 pts). How does that work with resale? If the Sept stay was cancelled, where would those points go back to? Or, just sell it the way it is, with only 16 pts available for '19.
Not sure what will transpire, just trying to get a handle on possibilities. Thanks for any insights.

Loaded contracts sell at a higher price but all contracts will sell if priced right.

:earsboy: Bill

If the September trip was booked with 2018 points and the trip was cancelled, the points would stay in 2018 and could be banked. If they were borrowed or banked points and trip was cancelled they would stay in 2018, and need to be used in 2018 UY.

If the September trip was booked with 2018 points and the trip was cancelled, the points would stay in 2018 and could be banked. If they were borrowed or banked points and trip was cancelled they would stay in 2018, and need to be used in 2018 UY.
That's what I thought. So, can a contract be sold, and still keep the booked stay? Say, the contract was sold in April, stay that was booked with '19 pts is in Sept....can that Sept stay on the books? Or is it better to just cancel the reservation and put those borrowed pts in the '18 year.

That's what I thought. So, can a contract be sold, and still keep the booked stay? Say, the contract was sold in April, stay that was booked with '19 pts is in Sept....can that Sept stay on the books? Or is it better to just cancel the reservation and put those borrowed pts in the '18 year.
Oh, no, the reservation will not stand if contract is sold. Many times you see”cannot close until...” because owners have that last reservation to go to or has been rented.
Do you want to use the reservation?

Excellent...thanks!!! Just what I needed to know!

Oh, no, the reservation will not stand if contract is sold. Many times you see”cannot close until...” because owners have that last reservation to go to or has been rented.
Do you want to use the reservation?
I can change it to a different resort, using BWV points. Not a big deal. I used points borrowed from 2019, so those would have to be used prior to Dec 31, 2018, correct? Trying to wrap my head around the options.

Borrowed points into 2018 would need to be used by May 31 2019 for June use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!