CONFIRMED - Illuminations replacement

I definitely think the seating area will be only for this package (around Illuminations time at least) .... I do wonder if they will keep the standing room available for those that are dining inside and not with the package (I would hope so, but also wouldn't put it past Disney to take that away as well while the package is going on)
If outdoor seating is entirely eliminated for standard dining, I can see evening ADRs for Rose and Crown dropping big time. The food, in itself, is not that great, though the service is always very good.

What other epcot restaurants have outdoor seating with a view to illuminations?

What other epcot restaurants have outdoor seating with a view to illuminations?

Spice Road Table

Just as a note, we had a really nice meal there ... the view is definitely different and you aren't as close as at Rose & Crown, but still a good view

One photo from when we were there, that is my daughter up at the fence and I am at our table
10_SR Illuminations 2.jpg

If outdoor seating is entirely eliminated for standard dining, I can see evening ADRs for Rose and Crown dropping big time. The food, in itself, is not that great, though the service is always very good.

It should have always been this way. The deck should have always been a specially booked category.

From what I've heard September 30th is the final show. And Epcot Forever begins October 1st. But now I'm spacing on how "official" that date was.

Hope this isn't true since I have a trip booked from Sept 28th - Oct 3rd! While it would be cool to see the new and the old shows, I picked this week because I thought it would be somewhat less crowded. How much of an impact do you think this would have on the crowd levels for this week? (or whatever week it ends/opens?)

Hope this isn't true since I have a trip booked from Sept 28th - Oct 3rd! While it would be cool to see the new and the old shows, I picked this week because I thought it would be somewhat less crowded. How much of an impact do you think this would have on the crowd levels for this week? (or whatever week it ends/opens?)
I imagine that Epcot would pull some extra people with the ending of a beloved show and the beginning of a new one. Plus you’ll likely have the new Mickey ride. But it will be the low before the Star Wars storm, so still a good time to go if you’re trying to avoid that. Ultimately, I don’t expect many people to fly down solely to watch the final show, they’ll most likely be going on final trips spread around and ensuring they go. You’ll have more locals and bloggers going to Epcot those two nights.

I imagine that Epcot would pull some extra people with the ending of a beloved show and the beginning of a new one. Plus you’ll likely have the new Mickey ride. But it will be the low before the Star Wars storm, so still a good time to go if you’re trying to avoid that. Ultimately, I don’t expect many people to fly down solely to watch the final show, they’ll most likely be going on final trips spread around and ensuring they go. You’ll have more locals and bloggers going to Epcot those two nights.

Ok, that's kind of what I was thinking/hoping. And yes, originally I had planned a trip for Feb 2020 but moved it up so that we hopefully miss the Star Wars crowds! Thank you!

I would expect the very last night of Illuminations to be crowded and the very first night of the new (temporary) show to be crowded especially with all the bloggers, etc but as others have said still a lot better than after Galaxy’s Edge opens

From what I've heard September 30th is the final show. And Epcot Forever begins October 1st. But now I'm spacing on how "official" that date was.

I heard those dates as well. I have a resort booked, but am wondering if I am confident enough to book airline tickets. :scared:

I heard those dates as well. I have a resort booked, but am wondering if I am confident enough to book airline tickets. :scared:
I have the resort for the same, but am not even close to confident enough to book air. I sure wish they would hurry up and announce the dates, rooms are not fully available earlier in the month at this point. People need to be able to make plans.

I have the resort for the same, but am not even close to confident enough to book air. I sure wish they would hurry up and announce the dates, rooms are not fully available earlier in the month at this point. People need to be able to make plans.

I booked those dates also. Really wish they would announce it, but I won't be surprised if they wait till the last minute.

My fiancee and I are trying to decide on a late September or early November trip for 2019, and we were hoping there might be more concrete information than what we can find about Epcot Forever. Epcot is our favorite park and we're really sad to see IllumiNations leaving, but we are excited for the new show. We want to make sure we see it, and we really prefer the September dates, but are concerned we might be just too early for it.

Matt

Only dates I’ve seen are Illuminations ending September 30th and the new show starting October 1st.
Those dates may not be accurate, they are not officially announced. End of summer is the only official information.

Sorry if I'm missing this info:

In May 2020, there will be a new show at Epcot replacing Illuminations, but this will be a temporary show until a bigger show debuts at another time?

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!