CONFIRMED - Illuminations replacement

I loved Wishes but feel HAE is a superior show and one with a better message

That said I don’t want HAE part 2 at EPCOT as I want the 4 parks to have unique feels to them and the type of entertainment is a big part of that
I think HAE is a more entertaining show, but I think the story is pretty hard to get from watching it live a few times. Maybe it is just because I don't really know many of the songs in it, but Wishes and RoE is pretty dang easy to get the story the first time, even if you've never heard the music.

I think HAE is a more entertaining show, but I think the story is pretty hard to get from watching it live a few times. Maybe it is just because I don't really know many of the songs in it, but Wishes and RoE is pretty dang easy to get the story the first time, even if you've never heard the music.

I guess - though I wonder if "getting the story of ..." Wishes and I:FoE is partly because of how many times we have seen it and just the memories of watching it, etc. - I don't think the overall story line of HEA is any harder to pick up: Figure out what your dream is, work towards it, you'll encounter some challenges but if you can persevere you can make your "Happily Ever After" a reality.

I will admit the first time I watched HAE it didn't hit me emotionally like Wishes did - but then I watched it with my daughter and saw it "through her eyes" and it got me much more in the *feels* ... so much so I *cough* cheap plug *cough* wrote an article on it:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/why-the-message-of-happily-ever-after-is-so-important/

In my opinion with HEA.... being one of those that struggle with "following the story"..... It's just too much! I counted 31 different Disney films referenced in HEA in addition to the title song by Angie Keilhauer and Jordan Fisher. It becomes a scrambled mess after the first couple minutes.
If someone has to explain the story, then it's too much for a lot of people to simply just enjoy!
Wishes was simple..... my DD saw it for the first time when she was 12, my grandsons when they were all under the age of 7. They all connected immediately.... they knew the story without explanation.
With HEA.... as I watch it, I notice most kids around me simply are trying to catch a glimpse of their favorite character, they aren't following a story.
With that said..... I would hate to see the same thing happen in Epcot.

And I wish they would announce the actual last showing of Illuminations! My DD and I are already trying to plan our trip for that week!!! We saw it the week it premiered and it's a must see every trip! It is heartbreaking to see it end.

It seemed like whoever put HEA together had never actually seen the movies the songs came from and totally missed out on the context of a few. "That's What Friends Are For" is not about friendship, "Love is an Open Door" is not actually a love song. And I'm annoyed they used the end credits version of "Go the Distance" instead of the in-movie version and it trips me up when I try to sing along. I just hope they put more actual thought into the Illuminations replacement.

It seemed like whoever put HEA together had never actually seen the movies the songs came from and totally missed out on the context of a few. "That's What Friends Are For" is not about friendship, "Love is an Open Door" is not actually a love song. And I'm annoyed they used the end credits version of "Go the Distance" instead of the in-movie version and it trips me up when I try to sing along. I just hope they put more actual thought into the Illuminations replacement.

I do wish they used the original versions of more of the songs - like you said, "Go the Distance" but also "Love is an Open Door" and "You’ll Be in My Heart"

I'm just thankful there are folks not going to HEA for any reason whatsoever.

Unfortunately it seems to be a miniscule effect judging by the crowds.

I think a much larger % fall into the must now see category, than any they lost with Wishes going away.

Not worried about a new Illuminations.

And I wish they would announce the actual last showing of Illuminations! My DD and I are already trying to plan our trip for that week!!! We saw it the week it premiered and it's a must see every trip! It is heartbreaking to see it end.

From what I've heard September 30th is the final show. And Epcot Forever begins October 1st. But now I'm spacing on how "official" that date was.

I guess - though I wonder if "getting the story of ..." Wishes and I:FoE is partly because of how many times we have seen it and just the memories of watching it, etc. - I don't think the overall story line of HEA is any harder to pick up: Figure out what your dream is, work towards it, you'll encounter some challenges but if you can persevere you can make your "Happily Ever After" a reality.

I will admit the first time I watched HAE it didn't hit me emotionally like Wishes did - but then I watched it with my daughter and saw it "through her eyes" and it got me much more in the *feels* ... so much so I *cough* cheap plug *cough* wrote an article on it:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/why-the-message-of-happily-ever-after-is-so-important/
I never saw any of them until I was an adult (RoE in 2011 and Wishes in 2012), so it is easier for me to know what my initial thoughts were, not biased by nostalgia. I think I've seen HEA as many times as Wishes now.

I guess it isn't so much that I don't "get" the story of HAE, as I think they did a poor job of telling it. It is a largely disjointed mash up of songs that rapidly change for the sole purpose of hitting the highlights. I do like the original parts and narration.

I just listened to the song by itself to see if that helped, and I think it made it a little easier to follow what they were trying to do, but I still didn't enjoy the method of delivery.

That said, I still enjoy the show, I just think it fails at story telling. Like most action movies.

I'm just thankful there are folks not going to HEA for any reason whatsoever.

Unfortunately it seems to be a miniscule effect judging by the crowds.

I think a much larger % fall into the must now see category, than any they lost with Wishes going away.

Not worried about a new Illuminations.
I'll watch any firework show, so I still go to HEA. I wouldn't go to the park just to see it though, which I've done multiple times for RoE and some other shows.

And compared to most fireworks shows it is amazing, I just don't want HEA 2.0 to replace what is IMHO the best story telling firework show around.

From what I've heard September 30th is the final show. And Epcot Forever begins October 1st. But now I'm spacing on how "official" that date was.
I've heard this as a rumor. Do you have any actual official word? Where did you hear this?

I was so sad that Wishes was ending! I just couldn't imagine anything that could be better than that show....that being said....I absolutely LOVE HEA! I love the story, and the all the songs!

I am also very sad to see ROE come to an end. But I am going to trust Disney on this one, and at least reserve judgement until I see the final product. I do hope that it isn't a character filled, Disney song filled HEA 2.0. It needs to be so much more than that!!

What happens to those who have booked ADRs over the next six months, or so? I wonder if the dining package will use the seating area to the far right, when facing the lagoon, and currently open for anyone, including non-diners.

The outdoor patio area for Rose and Crown diners is not very large and surely is fairly well-booked by diners, already.

You can't book an ADR for the patio specifically, so those with ADRs hoping to get a patio table will probably just be out of luck (or have to hope nobody books this package so there's room on the patio).

What happens to those who have booked ADRs over the next six months, or so? I wonder if the dining package will use the seating area to the far right, when facing the lagoon, and currently open for anyone, including non-diners.

The outdoor patio area for Rose and Crown diners is not very large and surely is fairly well-booked by diners, already.

I think the outdoor area will be this package.

I definitely think the seating area will be only for this package (around Illuminations time at least) .... I do wonder if they will keep the standing room available for those that are dining inside and not with the package (I would hope so, but also wouldn't put it past Disney to take that away as well while the package is going on)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter