Comfortable Mother of the Bride Shoes

Patience

DIS Veteran
The thread about shoes inspired me to start this thread. My daughter is getting married in November and I am wearing a floor length, navy dress. I knew it was going to be easier for me to find a dress than it was going to be for me to find comfortable but dressy shoes and it was. I want a dressy peep toe pump or possibly sandals with a heel because I am short. I love Vionic shoes and have been wearing them for about two years but they don't have anything that is dressy enough. I want to be able to dance and enjoy myself at the wedding without foot pain! Have you worn a comfortable dressy shoe lately? Suggestions? I am looking for nude, gold, or possibly navy shoes.

Ds got married last year. I wore a silver, sparkly flat gladiator sandal under my floor length dress. Bought it at the dress shop where I bought my dress. Worked perfectly for me. I too am short, and so is dh, so I wear flats often. I also wanted comfort, but nice to get through the day.

Mother of bride wore a closed toe heel.

When DH and I got married, my DMIL health was just starting to slide downhill... she wanted to participate in all the wedding festivity... but with all the problem and med's her feet would swell like crazy... so her dress was long and the shoes she had originally gotten did not fit when her feet, so I went and got her a pair of shiny black ballet style flats, with the soft bottom... and they work perfectly...she was able to participate in everything...

If you are wear a long dress I say go for comfort first..... then style...

For my one son's (big) wedding I wore a black/silver pantsuit with flat bottom black casual shoes. They were great for dancing later! The pants of my suit were quite long so you barely saw my shoes.
For my 2nd son's more casual small wedding I wore brown sandals.
My third son and wife got married at the courthouse so I'm sure I just wore my Reeboks. :)

I find Lifestride to be comfy, and Naturalizer if wide enough, some Bandolino. I have found that a wedge heel is also a lot kinder to my back , but a kitten heel is good too. Have you tried a platform? They too, can be more comfortable . Try Nordstrom Rack, or even Payless...you never know. Congrat's ! Lifestride with chunkier heel might be more comfy?
shopping

Naturalizer
shopping
Hush Puppiesupload_2018-3-27_8-26-28.jpegAnne Klein upload_2018-3-27_8-30-27.jpegAlex Marie Maddeliupload_2018-3-27_8-28-30.jpeg Calvin Kleinupload_2018-3-27_8-31-44.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-27_8-27-14.jpeg
    upload_2018-3-27_8-27-14.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2018-3-27_8-27-31.jpeg
    upload_2018-3-27_8-27-31.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 1
Finfan, thank you for posting those! Is the first pair of shoes Lifestride? I'd like to maybe order those and give them a try and maybe the Naturalizers too.

The thread about shoes inspired me to start this thread. My daughter is getting married in November and I am wearing a floor length, navy dress. I knew it was going to be easier for me to find a dress than it was going to be for me to find comfortable but dressy shoes and it was. I want a dressy peep toe pump or possibly sandals with a heel because I am short. I love Vionic shoes and have been wearing them for about two years but they don't have anything that is dressy enough. I want to be able to dance and enjoy myself at the wedding without foot pain! Have you worn a comfortable dressy shoe lately? Suggestions? I am looking for nude, gold, or possibly navy shoes.

My MIL wore UGLY! shoes to our wedding. But it was a floor length dress... so who cares? Unless you are lifting up your dress to show off your shoes, nobody will really care. She was in her mid 50s when we got married so comfort was a priority.
IMO

Agreed 2 pairs is the way to go. I'm immediately in my boots as soon as I can. Although if the wedding is rustic/country/shabby chic etc. & dress is long, you can wear cowgirl boots or a nice heeled boots.

For our son's wedding I bought shoes at the bridal salon. They were the most expensive shoes I ever bought but they were worth it. The shoe was made of kid soft leather with a 1 1/2 - 2 inch Louis heel and cushioned inner sole. I felt as though I was walking or standing on marshmallows all night.

Finfan, thank you for posting those! Is the first pair of shoes Lifestride? I'd like to maybe order those and give them a try and maybe the Naturalizers too.
The first are Lifestride with the chunkier heel :) sorry pics are so big and not labeled clearly...hope something works comfortably for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest