Comfort Suites Maingate Resort

919Florida

Mouseketeer
I need some reviews on Comfort Suites Maingate Resort. I can get is for 80.90 for the days we need it. Free deluxe breakfast, Free transportation and two quuen beds. Anyone ever stay here?

If you are talking about the Comfort Suites Maingate Resort East next to Oldtown, I stayed at this property last August. There was a group of us and we enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel is a new property. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. Normally I can't sleep very well in hotel rooms but I fell fast asleep every night in these beds. The rooms are spacious. Jacuzzi outside next to the pool is nice also. Hit the spot after a long day at the parks. Nice shaped pool, I purchased floating rafts for us at the front give shop, this was very relaxing also. They have a poolside bar which served these delicious Mango Margaritas. You have to order one. When you checkin they will give you coupons for buy 1 get 1 free drinks.

The complimentary breakfast was very nice. There was a person who stood there and made sure everything was kept nice and neat and made sure we had enough of everything we needed. The continental breakfast consisted of bagels, donuts, danishes, english muffins, fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, bread for toast, orange & apple juice, coffee and tea. I had a 10 and 8 yr old with me so we had Raisin Bran with Bananas and Juice every morning. A nutritional breakfast that served its purpose, plus it was free. You figure breakfast is about 5 to 7 dollars a day per person, this saved me about 20 dollars a day. They have a nice game room with about 8 games and also an air hockey table. My kids stayed in their a lot. They have a change machine in their also, so when I wanted some time alone I just gave them some money and sent them on their way. If you have children you know they can wear you out.

We went to Pizza Hut a few nights which is right down the road. Souvenir shops are across the intersection. Old Town was nice to visit on an off park day. We got Pepsi Sodas in the old fashioned bottles for 25 cents.

Also, another thing I liked about the hotel it wasn't huge where I had to worry about my kids. I felt very safe at this property. The staff was very nice and attentive.

We had a pool view room on the 3rd flr. The pool is open 24 hrs. so at times their was some noise from the pool late when I was trying to sleep. If you get a poolview, I would recommend a higher flr.

We used the Shuttle buses. I liked this alot. The bus went to 2 other hotels but we were always the first to be picked up. When I'm on vacation I don't like to be bothered with drinving, traffic or parking, so the stops did not bother me. There were 3 departures in the morning. If I can remember it was around 8:20, 9:20 and 11:20. We were always on the first bus we got to the parks close to 9am. The first bus departed the parks around 5. with about 3 other pickup times after that.

AAA gives this hotel 3 stars and it really is. This hotel is clean and new, the staff is courteous. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

I hoped my little review helped, it bought back some good memories or my vacation last year.

:)

BSPECIALT: My family and I will be staying here for 6 nights in August. We also plan on using the shuttles as we like to get away from driving. I was wondering which parks you used the shuttles for? Did you just go to Disney or did you also go to Seaworld? I was wondering if the shuttle to Seaworld was also the first pick up.
Are there any other restaurants nearby besides the pizza hut?
Thanks for your review on this place. So far I have not heard anything negative about it so I'm really looking forward to going there.

We used the shuttles for Magic Kingdom, MGM, EPCOT, Universal Studios and IOA. The shuttles that went to Universal Studios, IOA and SeaWorld left at a different time than the Disney buses. When we went to Universal, we were on the first shuttle which left, and it picked up the people from our hotel first. That was good because we never had to stand. The first bus left at, if I remember correctly, around 8:00am. The first park stop is Universal, IOA then it goes to Seaworld. We got to Universal around 8:30. You should get to SeaWorld a little before 9am. The first departure shuttle leaving from Universal was at 3:20pm. This was good because by then we were finished the park. Then it goes to SeaWorld for a pickup. Their are some later pick-up times later on. We got back to our hotel around 4pm and practically had the pool to ourselves because everyone was still in the parks.

Another thing is for the Disney shuttle you have to go to the ticket desk in the lobby tell them how many is getting on the bus with you that morning, they will give you a pass with the number of your party on it. They will explain all this when you check-in.

For the Universal bus you don't have to do that. You just get on.

You are really going to enjoy yourselves at this hotel. I had no problems with the shuttle buses. They were nice, spacious and looked brand new. The seats were of some kind of soft velvet material.

Another thing I went in August last year, keep checking the rates, mine went down dramatically maybe a few months before we left.

Have a good time.

I highly recommend this hotel! My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for five nights based on the reviews on this board and Mouse Planet, and we loved it!! The staff was very courteous/friendly, the breakfast was good, and the pool area was great. Sitting in the jacuzzi with a pina colada from the bar was great in the evening.

I agree with BSPECIALT about checking those rates. I originally booked at $59.00 per night, and the rate dropped twice (to $44.00 !) a night before we went, so I re-booked under the lower rate.

You will like this hotel!! You may want to request a higher room because the pool area is open 24-hours (just in case anyone is down there late, but this didn't seem to be a problem at all when we were there).

-Alan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter