Come to the Dark Side...We Have Cookies...(updates 4/3)

lovethattink

TPAS Moderator

Photo0602FourBySix.jpg

DarthandTroopers.jpg

Photo0670FourBySix.jpg

I am here! Super excited for a new PTR Tink! :)

D~

OOHHH a new TR!! I am so in. :woohoo: You all are eventually going to teach me something about this Star Wars stuff! I am trying. :thumbsup2 And really, who can resist cookies???

The Who: Introductions.

If you've followed any of my TRs you know that my family loves Disney and Star Wars. I am the biggest Disney fan in the family and DS(8) aka Anakin is the biggest Star Wars fan of the family. When asked what his favorite season is, he's quick to answer with Star Wars. Yes, Star Wars has a season to him...Star Wars Weekends.

Since he is the biggest fan, we'll start with Anakin. He is 8 years old. He is an avid fan of the original triology and quickly became a fan of Clone Wars after meeting Ashley Eckstein in 2011.

100_2401.jpg

For his first SWW he was an infant. We were watching his 10 years older, brother participate in the Padawan Mind Challenge, back then I think it was just called Star Wars Trivia. So this should be his 9th Annual Star Wars Weekend. We stumbled upon it by accident that first year.

JJsfrstSSW-1.jpg

Besides Star Wars and Disney he is very active in our local community theater. He takes acting classes with his homeschool group and is in a special needs theater troupe. He plays on a special needs buddy baseball team. He also takes voice lessons at a local university. While I am not very crafty, he enjoys making Star Wars soap, tissue boxes and bird houses.

DSC_0809.jpg

20120913_084112.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Next up is my oldest son aka Grumpy. The newer trilogy was released as he was growing up. He prefers the original, but is still a big fan of the first three episodes. Kit Fisto is his favorite character, and this summer at Celebration VI he had the opportunity to meet the star who played him.

DSC_0518.jpg

SWWs of the past

This storm trooper would not let him pass until he withdrew his light saber. He chased him all around the street. It was so much fun.

100_1552.jpg

Mikeyandstormtrooper.jpg

Grumpy and his friend Nathaniel doing the trivia.

100_0261.jpg

We are not sure if Grumpy will join us for SWW. He hasn't applied yet, but he is hoping to apply to Disney's Culinary Program once they visit his school in the spring. So he might be cooking at Disney starting sometime in May if he gets accepted into the program. Presently he is going to college full time and working 30 hours a week at a store that sells fish and reptiles. On his days off he enjoys fishing or playing storage wars.

Photo0548FourBySix.jpg

Dh aka Goofy is becoming a bigger Star Wars fan every day. He has discovered the Star Wars universe outside of the 6 Episodes. He really likes Timothy Zahn's writing. He's currently reading Star Wars: Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina edited by Kevin J. Anderson. Besides Star Wars, in his free time he enjoys fishing and going to Disney.

Photo0408FourBySix.jpg

Cantinabandanogoofy1.jpg

Guess I'm up now. There aren't too many pictures of me because I am always behind the camera. I am wife, mom, caregiver, educator, and whatever else my role needs to be.

DSC_0709_zps0d292e51.jpg

Oh wow!! This is great. I didn't even give anyone a heads up that I started and you both are here!! :welcome::welcome:

I am here! Super excited for a new PTR Tink! :)

D~

I'm super excited that you are here! Welcome!

OOHHH a new TR!! I am so in. :woohoo: You all are eventually going to teach me something about this Star Wars stuff! I am trying. :thumbsup2 And really, who can resist cookies???

You are good! You found me! I so appreciate you here! Oh yeah, stick with me and you'll learn a thing or two about Star Wars, lol.

Your title drew me in - I think I am attracted to anything that sounds like Star Wars - and who do I find, but YOU! :) Looking forward to getting a lot of great SWW info from you!

I'm here, I'm here!!:wave2::wave2:

I am so glad that you have started to write a PTR. I am loving the pics of Grumpy and Anakin. Everyone gets in the Star Wars spirit. I am really looking foward to the possibility of meeting up with you guys on the 1st.:banana:

I am so excited!!!:banana::banana:

Your title drew me in - I think I am attracted to anything that sounds like Star Wars - and who do I find, but YOU! :) Looking forward to getting a lot of great SWW info from you!

:welcome: Danica! So glad you found me and that we can plan together!

Oh, and how did you get to meet Ashley Eckstein? Just curious!

We stumbled across her. As I mentioned to you on fb, she has her own clothing line for geeky girls. I had bought a Queen Amidala shirt and was told that she was signing autographs. We didn't know who she was, but she sure looked familiar to us. We eventually learned that she was Muffy in So Raven and the voice of Ahsoka Tanno on Clone Wars. We weren't familiar with Clone Wars then.

She is very down to earth and Anakin took an immediate liking to her. When you meet her, she makes you feel like you've been friends for life. Over the last couple years we've seen her here and there and she amazingly remembers my son and his real name.

I'd be willing to bet that she will be signing autographs at SWW. Usually she signs near 50's PTC for those who have a wristband/FP for her autograph. She also signs at Darth Mall near her merchandise at a designated time of day.

My son just loves her husband who he calls Mr. David. They are buddies and he went out of his way at Celebration VI to chat with my son. He is very kind and gracious.

I'm here, I'm here!!:wave2::wave2:

I am so glad that you have started to write a PTR. I am loving the pics of Grumpy and Anakin. Everyone gets in the Star Wars spirit. I am really looking foward to the possibility of meeting up with you guys on the 1st.:banana:

I am so excited!!!:banana::banana:

:welcome: Awesome to see you here! Looking forward to the 1st as well! It will be nice to finally meet you.

I'm here too! can't wait to follow along on your next SSW journey!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here!!

Good luck to Grumpy!! That would be a great opportunity for him. My friend Laurie's son just came home from his time at WDW doing the college program. I think it's great to have these opportunities and having the courage to follow through.

The When​

Star Wars weekends run May 17 to June 9. Dh requested vacation time for each weekend. As fate would have it, he got part of each weekend off.

Our dates:

1st Weekend: May 17 & 18 (Fri and Sat)

2nd Weekend: May 25 & 26 (Sat and Sun)

3rd Weekend: June 1 & 2 (Sat and Sun)

4th Weekend: June 8 & 9 (Sat and Sun)​

I was excited when DV announced discounted rates for these weekends. However, we decided it wasn't enough of a discount for us to stay on property instead of driving each day.

At this point though, I do have May 16 - 20th booked on property. The 16th so that we can get up early and stand in line for autographs and get to Darth Mall at opening for shopping. Dh's will just drive to and from Disney to work.

Last year we arrived at 10am and there was a 2 hour wait to get into Darth Mall.

Linefordarthmall.jpg

Dh would like to at least see some LE merchandise.

Speaking of merchandise, we will really miss the 20% PAP discount this year. It was so nice last year to get such a nice discount on merchandise. But I guess 10% is better than nothing.

I'm here too! can't wait to follow along on your next SSW journey!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: So excite to have you along for the journey!!

I'm here!!

Good luck to Grumpy!! That would be a great opportunity for him. My friend Laurie's son just came home from his time at WDW doing the college program. I think it's great to have these opportunities and having the courage to follow through.

:cool1: If not this summer, he will definately try to do it next summer! He has his first cooking classes this semester. By next summer he'd have much more experience, but he'd really love to get that experience at Disney this summer!

It's nice that DH can drive from WDW to work. I wish that we lived so close to the parks.

Disney.com's new look

Have you tried to use Disney's website lately? The look has changed. Where things are has changed too. It took me a rediculously long time to make 6 ADRs today. I already had my ADRs for the 1st weekend, now all my ADRs are made.

I decided to stay at DHS. We'll eat one counter service and one table service at DHS during SWW. I rotated meals, some ADRs are for dinner and some are for lunch. I kept the ADRs between the same three restaurants though, 50's PTC, Sci-Fi, and MM.

We have never eaten at MM. I will need to check out a menu and decide if we like the menu or not.

It was a big pain to try to find the menu from Disney's site. It took me out of the screen where I'd pick the time and into another screen that told me about the restaurant. Then I could click on a menu link. The menu would pull up and I'd have to back out, and the times that showed up were different than what showed before. I hope it becomes more user friendly and easier to use.

Where would you grab breakfast on the go at DHS? We do not like the Egg and Cheese muffin at Fairfax Fare. Anakin needs to limit his gluten and sugar intake. (Too much gluten causes him to have myoclonic twitches and too much sugar causes him to have seizures.) I cannot eat chocolate. Grumpy has to stay away from soy and nuts. But Goofy has no dietary restrictions.

Last year I brought grapes and bananas for Anakin to snack on to hold him over until lunch time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter