Coffee Anyone???

I tend to make do with the coffee, but being a true Brit my wife always takes her travel kettle and bag of PG Tips tea. First thing we have to do when we land is buy water and milk, after that, the rest of the holiday will go just fine

We are driving so it's easy to bring our coffee stuff along. Not only do I bring a coffee pot (a grind a brew one) and our favorite coffee beans, I also bring a Brita pitcher.

When we travel by air, I often buy an inexpensive coffee pot and then we leave it behind in the room for the next guest ;-)

Nope :) I have a special love for Joffrey's Coffee. Just bought some on my recent trip to bring back home. As an aside I stopped in Vivoli for an Americano (Disney Springs) and their espresso is delicious.

Obviously this thread is several years old, but in case someone else comes across it as I did (while looking for something else coffee-related), I thought I'd add a response.

If someone's staying DVC, you can request a kettle from housekeeping when you get there. I guess they say they have a limited number, but never had a problem getting one. Our last three trips we've stayed in a 2-bedroom, so had a stove. We had a split stay the last time, so have had 4 kettles total. Even though we had a stove, 2 of the times we got the electric plug in kettles, so they have those if you're staying in a studio.

I brought coffee with me but actually brought a Chemex pour over - so a pour over is another option. We really enjoyed making coffee first thing and taking some time to sit on our balcony drinking coffee in the morning (without having to go down to the quick service to get it). The problem with that is making sure not to forget the filters (I did that 2 trips ago - pour over with paper towels for filters is not the easiest). An idea for those looking at a press pot and worried about traveling with it, my press pot is a stainless steel pot. I like this because it's insulated but it also takes out the risk of breaking.

Last edited:

I can't say enough about the AeroPress. It's my go-to travel coffee maker because it is so compact, and because it's all plastic (but no bad plastics). It makes a fabulous cup of coffee. I have a little hand grinder and it and the AP travel in a dopp bag with me everywhere. You can pick up an AeroPress at Bed Bath and Beyond or Amazon and you'll love it. Plenty of how to's and recipes on line as well. It's a can't miss if you love coffee. Remember, life is too short to drink bad coffee!
YES!!! Love my aeropress. It's so compact and easy to travel with. I also have a small handheld grinder and they are both perfect for trips like this.

Hello my fellow Disney lovers. I am having lots of fun planning my first solo trip in January. Just wondering if anyone else brings their own coffee...and dare I say electric tea kettle and French Press:rolleyes1

Even though I will have a refillable mug for resort fill-ups, I have never heard of Joffrey coffee and I kind of like being able to take my time in the morning and just relax with my coffee.

Anyone else?
I am here now and I have a Hamilton Beach electric pot and Starbucks Via (instant). I bought some creamer and half and half in small containers and it is working out just fine. I have two cups when I get up and before I start my day. I drove so I always keep the electric pot in my car but if I were flying I would find a way to bring it as it saves having to use the room pot or worse, walk to the food court every morning. Ugh.

My wife and I are both coffee drinkers. At home we normally go through multiple 20-ounce mugs each day. So, buying coffee each morning isn’t just a convenience issue, it can get pretty costly as we don’t participate in the Disney Dining plan.

Staying at different resorts over the years made it a guessing game of trying to determine which type of coffee maker was in the room (it varies between value resorts, moderates, and DVC properties). Because of that we decided to buy an inexpensive Mr. Coffee each time we go. If we rent a car, we stop and get our supplies on our trip in. Those times we’ve taken the Magical Express or a ride share, we would order the supplies and the coffee pot online through Walmart and have it delivered to the resort. Of course, we will pack our own coffee (ground so we don’t need to pack a grinder) filters, and a coffee scoop.

We open the coffee maker and save the packaging. When we leave, we carefully repack the coffee maker and either offer it to someone from Mousekeeping, or if we’re driving, we will donate it to a charity group, letting them know that its used, but in perfect condition. The savings of not buying multiple cups of coffee either at the resort or the parks more than covers the roughly $20 for the coffee maker. The convenience of not having to get dressed and walk to the resort food court every time we wanted a coffee is a bonus. :-)

I have a single serve Keurig coffee maker that I bring with me all the time. This way I can just relax and have my favorite coffee in the mornings without having to leave my room. I agree with getting some bottled water not only for the parks but to make coffee too. You can use a local store that you can order grocerys and water, milk, cream, sugar etc and they will deliver it to your hotel and valet will refrigerate it and bring it up when you call for it. Or bring your own coffee and use the coffee maker in the room, I found at Whole Foods a pack of 4 linnen herb sacks that close with a drawstring that are just a little larger than a tea bag. I fill them with my coffee and use their coffee maker and after each cup I turn it inside out and clean it and its ready for the next cup. Bottom line I like my coffee in the morning.

Blasphemy for coffee lovers, but I always take the Maxwell House International instant coffee with me. Coffee as soon as I wake up makes me a better person to live with!

Blasphemy for coffee lovers, but I always take the Maxwell House International instant coffee with me. Coffee as soon as I wake up makes me a better person to live with!
The French vanilla one? This is what I HAVE to drink every morning, just 1 cup. If I don't my body goes out of whack and I regret it LOL. I travel with my little tins of it and a hot water kettle.

I tried to go on withdrawal to the Cafe Francais General Foods instant coffee. Just got back from Target and made a cup of coffee. to visit on the boards. A long time ago they sold a box variety sampler at the grocery. I have been a fan for forever !

Oops it used to be General Foods and after mergers branded as Maxwell House ? Owned by Kraft International.

1881C479-F864-4E91-B3D3-FB583F945522.png

Plus this stuff is even better cold !

Packed in plastic ziplock and in my suitcase too!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!