CocoCay Chill Island daybeds

warrenz1963

Mouseketeer
I've just reserved a daybed at Chill Island on CocoCay. Do I eventually get to choose which one I'd like, or is automatically assigned? Is it ppossible to choose between the main section and Breezy Bay?

I don't know how they're assigned, but I can make a couple comments:
- In general, Chill Island is our favorite area of Coco Cay. My husband likes to take breaks over in the heavily shaded hammock area, and it's near a bathroom and the Chill Grill (good lunch food).
- Breezy Bay is a whole different area. If you've reserved a Chill Island bed, if will be in Chill Island.
- The Chill Island beds are over to the side, not in the best Chill Island million location.

I just had one last week on South Beach. When we arrived to our room we had a letter with a bed assigned. We had to go to guest services to let them know who would be using the bed (we were on the cruise with another couple so they took their room number). At that time they asked if we liked the bed we were assigned or wanted a new one (with the letter was a brochure that had all cabanas/daybeds listed around the island and their locations).
Here is my big complaint about the day bed - the sides will blow around in even the slightest breeze. I booked it to have shade, and it was a pain getting the sides to stay down to provide the shade. The curtains weren't long enough to tuck under the mattress and have it stay. We tried putting bags on the ends of the curtains. We tried laying on the ends of the curtains. It made for awkward not so relaxing positions. I don't even know what we could have brought to remedy the situation - what we needed were heavy weights to clip on the bottoms, but who would want to pack that? Royal needs to install a curtain rod on the bottom to hold them down. The attendant saw us desperately trying to come up with a solution and just shrugged, said she can't figure out how to keep them down.
We paid $220 for it, which was a splurge for my birthday. Shortly after that they jumped to $399, so we are skipping it for our next cruise to Perfect Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter