Club level guests can buy more fast passes?

Are you maybe giving the lower end at US, and the higher end at WDW for a room?

Either way each Resort (US and WDW) target those that will spend more to shorten lines.

Just have a real life example...

Show me how much a club level deluxe costs per night with the added fotl benefit. In December. Pretty sure you are close to $700.

You can get the same at US for $250. It’s not a lower end vs higher end comparison. It’s just facts.

Show me how much a club level deluxe costs per night with the added fotl benefit. In December. Pretty sure you are close to $700. You can get the same at US for $250.
Heh you're comparing Disney-Club-Level to Universal minimum resort to get ExP and calling them "equal". ;)

At Universal everyone gets ExP. That is terrible -- but necessary to move their rooms. Either you're going on the Drop Zone and you don't need an ExP because there is no line or you're going on FJ or Kong and the line is as long as standby cuz everybody is on these two rides all day. At Disney World a FastPass is worth something because they are rare. You get 3. You can't even pick the 3 best rides at the parks, you can pick only 1 of the best rides. This makes them valuable. When you buy these new FP's they are worth a ton because you will get on FOP, EE, Soarin, Frozen, TT, SDMT, RnR, or any of those rides -- in 15 min or less. These will save you a lot of time while not saving everyone a lot of time. The fact that these are so valuable is what is making people mad.

But if you consider staying for $250 at Universal as equal, none of this should matter to you. Just stay there and be ahead of everyone else.

The fact that not everyone will have these is what makes them cool. Just like in the old days where you could get more than the average guest by being faster or more prepared... This is a return to that in that it creates a path to get an advantage over most. Just a different path.

Just have a real life example...

Show me how much a club level deluxe costs per night with the added fotl benefit. In December. Pretty sure you are close to $700.

You can get the same at US for $250. It’s not a lower end vs higher end comparison. It’s just facts.

Not sure why December, but regardless-US charges more for extra FP's (FOTL), through either Deluxe onsite, or outright purchase.

And as I said-its awesome.

The Swolphin properties (I know, soapbox) are certainly a more luxe experience. .

Swolphin is on the list correct? Iv'e seen "deluxe" alcove, but not "premium" alcove?

Swolphin is on the list correct? Iv'e seen "deluxe" alcove, but not "premium" alcove?

Not sure what you mean? It's considered a deluxe WDW resort, but it's a hybrid. I'm not thinking that the Swolphin will be included in this, but if they are, man, that'd be awesome! Do you think that the Swolphin will offer this?

Not sure what you mean? It's considered a deluxe WDW resort, but it's a hybrid. I'm not thinking that the Swolphin will be included in this, but if they are, man, that'd be awesome! Do you think that the Swolphin will offer this?

It is, the "premium alcove" rooms, but I only see "deluxe alcove" on the site-$280 in May.

Swolphin is its own category. It is not included in WDW deluxe because it is not owned and operated by Disney.

Swolphin is its own category. It is not included in WDW deluxe because it is not owned and operated by Disney.

Are you saying it's not included in this then? Sorry I thought it was.

Are you saying it's not included in this then? Sorry I thought it was.
It is included in this test if you are staying in select suites at the resort. They do not have a typical WDW type club level because they are not a WDW owned and operated resort.

It is included in this test if you are staying in select suites at the resort. They do not have a typical WDW type club level because they are not a WDW owned and operated resort.

So this then from above?

It is, the "premium alcove" rooms, but I only see "deluxe alcove" on the site-$280 in May.

So this then from above?
I am not sure how room classes work at Swolphin but it is only select rooms like mentioned in several articles. You would likely have to ask Disney or the Swolphin directly if deluxe is the same as premium.

You would likely have to ask Disney or the Swolphin directly if deluxe is the same as premium.

Ok yes that's what I was wondering.

So there's your answer amberpi-it is indeed included...currently. Get on the phone.

Heck we have 2 rooms for a week coming up next week at Swan and BWV, might have to check this summer for TSL.

Heh you're comparing Disney-Club-Level to Universal minimum resort to get ExP and calling them "equal". ;)

At Universal everyone gets ExP. That is terrible -- but necessary to move their rooms. Either you're going on the Drop Zone and you don't need an ExP because there is no line or you're going on FJ or Kong and the line is as long as standby cuz everybody is on these two rides all day. At Disney World a FastPass is worth something because they are rare. You get 3. You can't even pick the 3 best rides at the parks, you can pick only 1 of the best rides. This makes them valuable. When you buy these new FP's they are worth a ton because you will get on FOP, EE, Soarin, Frozen, TT, SDMT, RnR, or any of those rides -- in 15 min or less. These will save you a lot of time while not saving everyone a lot of time. The fact that these are so valuable is what is making people mad.

But if you consider staying for $250 at Universal as equal, none of this should matter to you. Just stay there and be ahead of everyone else.

The fact that not everyone will have these is what makes them cool. Just like in the old days where you could get more than the average guest by being faster or more prepared... This is a return to that in that it creates a path to get an advantage over most. Just a different path.

All I'm pointing out is that the strategies of the two companies are not really the same.

UNI is giving the FOTL access as a perk for staying at one of their deluxe hotels. Which can be had for $250/night. No matter which room you occupy in said resort.

WDW is giving you the "perk" of paying $50 more after paying $200 more per night for your room. All said about $700/night.

As to the Fast Pass vs Express Pass debate, I believe that's for another thread/issue.

All I'm pointing out is that the strategies of the two companies are not really the same.

UNI is giving the FOTL access as a perk for staying at one of their deluxe hotels. Which can be had for $250/night. No matter which room you occupy in said resort.

WDW is giving you the "perk" of paying $50 more after paying $200 more per night for your room. All said about $700/night.

As to the Fast Pass vs Express Pass debate, I believe that's for another thread/issue.

I get what you are saying but (at least theoretically) there are other benefits to staying club level (so for the $200/night) beyond just the extra FP so it is a bit apples and oranges

If this is something everyone staying Deluxe could get then I think it would be a better comparison, and the point would still be valid as you would be looking at $450 vs $250/night

I get what you are saying but (at least theoretically) there are other benefits to staying club level (so for the $200/night) beyond just the extra FP so it is a bit apples and oranges

If this is something everyone staying Deluxe could get then I think it would be a better comparison, and the point would still be valid as you would be looking at $450 vs $250/night

I believe Uni's club level adds $100 night.

So still $350 vs $700.

If you want to go full on apples to apples with amenities.

My original point is that they arent the same strategy. UNI says, "upgrade to deluxe, get Express"

WDW says, "Upgrade to deluxe, then upgrade to CL, then upgrade to more FP's"

A few more layers......and $.....

I believe Uni's club level adds $100 night.

So still $350 vs $700.

If you want to go full on apples to apples with amenities.

My original point is that they arent the same strategy. UNI says, "upgrade to deluxe, get Express"

WDW says, "Upgrade to deluxe, then upgrade to CL, then upgrade to more FP's"

A few more layers......and $.....

Yea both resorts will always offer different options on this, Point to me is you can pay more for faster ride access at US and now WDW as well. If there is a market/demand for it at WDW, I think is why its a test.

I'm showing S&D alcove rooms for $280 in May ($380 for a couple), just not sure if it means "deluxe" or "premium".

Yea both resorts will always offer different options on this, Point to me is you can pay more for faster ride access at US and now WDW as well. If there is a market/demand for it at WDW, I think is why its a test.

I'm showing S&D alcove rooms for $280 in May ($380 for a couple), just not sure if it means "deluxe" or "premium".
I have been trying to find a list of room categories for Swolphin but they only talk about suites and the major presidential type rooms. So I think calling for specifics is probably best even though calling doesn't always work.

I have been trying to find a list of room categories for Swolphin but they only talk about suites and the major presidential type rooms. So I think calling for specifics is probably best even though calling doesn't always work.

Agreed. I'm still more interested to see where this goes down the road, after they gather information/response etc. Doubt this is the final implementation.

Ok yes that's what I was wondering.

So there's your answer amberpi-it is indeed included...currently. Get on the phone.

Heck we have 2 rooms for a week coming up next week at Swan and BWV, might have to check this summer for TSL.

I'm excited! I won't need to do TSL early because its not a big deal to me, but I HOPE so much that this is still happening for SWL. I am a late planner so I won't implement this until SWL opens, but I LOVE the options!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter